ADVERTISEMENT

5-1 heading to Columbus. This team will turn it around!

pennstgrad

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2001
They thought it was over at 10-0. Temple wanted it more, period. Temple is a good team and did not quit. They deserve all the credit. Wartman injury shook them. This was a huge wake up call for this PSU team and coaches and I think you'll see a different team from here on out.

Reactions: Harer19
Couldnt agree with you more, wartman injury is huge, and for the people wanting franklin out, lets wait until he has his type of players to run his system before we throw daggers. Good things are coming, keep the faith

Couldnt agree with you more, wartman injury is huge, and for the people wanting franklin out, lets wait until he has his type of players to run his system before we throw daggers. Good things are coming, keep the faith
And what "system" may that be? They have no clue offensively.

I'll simply say....it better be 5-1. As it stands as a head coach at Penn state he is 7-7....that's mediocre. We demand more. This is penn state not vandy.

Last edited:

More repeats of the Temple game and he won't have too many of "his type of players" nor will he be around long enough to accumulate them.

Buffalo and Army SHOULD be wins but we thought TU should have been a win too before kickoff. Let's not look past Rutgers and SDSU. Pray that the SDSU game is a noon kick off so we have the advantage of their body clocks being screwed up, but dont be suprised if we lose if we continue to play like we did last week. Rutgers is looking to embarrass us at home and SDSU is returning a pretty good defense from what I hear.

Elite program coaches don't lose 27-10 to Temple in season opener EVER especially with a team with experienced, talented players and highly touted Frosh and RF in backup roles. With this schedule a 9-3 record is the minimum record goal for an elite program! Don't lower expectations! Osu, Sparty and Michigan are our rivals. Elite coaches require beating them and winning division titles. What does Barbour require? state alums?

Reactions: gslachta
That sounds right and if this team gets some confidence, watch out OSU - they could be ready to shock the world

They thought it was over at 10-0. Temple wanted it more, period. Temple is a good team and did not quit. They deserve all the credit. Wartman injury shook them. This was a huge wake up call for this PSU team and coaches and I think you'll see a different team from here on out.
Temple is not a good team. Temple is an average team. They looked good Saturday because we were, and are, terrible. I give them credit for the win, but I am not going to try to make us look good by inflating Temple's credentials. Of course, I may be wrong about them and you may be right. We'll know better this weekend. As for us, 5-1 is possible because they still have to play the games, but if this team plays the next 5 like they did Saturday, the only team we may beat is Buffalo.

That sounds right and if this team gets some confidence, watch out OSU - they could be ready to shock the world

Give Temple some credit. I recall watching them in a bowl game a few years back against UCLA who they were beating soundly in all facets until their OB got hurt.

Actually I hope you guys do win the rest of your games, as it would give us the credibility we obviously (from the looks of this board) still lack.

Reactions: pkg5002
The miracle man.

Actually I hope you guys do win the rest of your games, as it would give us the credibility we obviously (from the looks of this board) still lack.
I have been a critic because we were so awful and so it told me less about you and more about us. However, if you guys beat Cincy this week, you will be legit in my eyes.

If what I was witnessing was a system that the players simply couldn't execute, I'd agree. But that's not what I saw. I saw a system that was purely amateur. I saw a system that could make absolutely no adjustments. It was the most vanilla, uncreative, unadapting system I've seen in decades of watching football. That's not hyperbole, I'm not one for overreacting as others here could attest. That's just the reality of what I saw.

Give Temple some credit. I recall watching them in a bowl game a few years back against UCLA who they were beating soundly in all facets until their OB got hurt.
Exactly. Temple is damn good especially for a school that's located in a blighted city with no tradition of winning or the facilities that our guys have.

Boy, I would certainly love to think that we could be 5-1 after the next 5 games. But after watching that Temple game, I kind of think that a 5-1 record is wishful thinking. That record is even boarding on delusional.

I'm an optimistic person, but there are too many problems to fix right now. The coaching is terrible, the OL is terrible, Hack looks terrible, the LB's are way too thin.

How can I be that optimistic? Please, give me the reasons.

Reactions: fairgambit
If you mean to say that they will turn their bus back on the way to Columbus, that may well be, but I have a little more confidence in them than that.

Reminds me of the talk after we lost to USC to open the 2000 season. It was all, "well that USC team is just way better than anyone realizes and we will still have a good season." They weren't, and we didn't.

I saw nothing that would lead to any optimism. Before this game we were favored in every game but Ohio State & Michigan State. I'd be interested in what Vegas thinks now. They usually have pretty good analysis. I would guess we have reversed it. Favored only in Buffalo and Army. I really hope I'm wrong but done drinking the Kool-Ade. I guess my time in Missouri leads me to say "Show Me"

Reactions: fairgambit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT