ADVERTISEMENT

30 Players better than Saquon?

There is no way there are 30 players better then him. I would prob take 5-8 over him and those are QB cause last year showed you cant win without a good QB.

Reactions: blmr31
I hate the use of the term "better" in this context. Comparing guys that play two distinct positions with different responsibilities is problematic, to say the least. Would I rather have Patrick Mahomes on my team than Saquon? Probably, but that does not necessarily make him better. Mahomes has a different and more important role as a QB.

I think the fairer yardstick, at least as far as Saquon is concerned, is other running backs. And, although there are several other really good RB's, I wouldn't take any of them over Saquon.

I hate the use of the term "better" in this context. Comparing guys that play two distinct positions with different responsibilities is problematic, to say the least. Would I rather have Patrick Mahomes on my team than Saquon? Probably, but that does not necessarily make him better. Mahomes has a different and more important role as a QB.

I think the fairer yardstick, at least as far as Saquon is concerned, is other running backs. And, although there are several other really good RB's, I wouldn't take any of them over Saquon.

I would consider McCaffery over Barkley. I dont think you go wrong chosing one or the other. But thats about it for RB.

But for what the post was, I would only put Mahomes, Brees, Rodgers, maybe Jackson over Saquon.

You do realize that RB isn't the only position in football, right?

Apples and oranges Rankings are irrelevant. Add personell around you to the mix....they are even less relevant.

You do realize that RB isn't the only position in football, right?

Yeah and with the way the NFL is evolving and QB are able to move a RB is becoming less relevant in this league.. New England has gone RB by committee and last year KC leading Running Back had 498 yards.

It doesn't take away that 26 is a great player, but a list is a list and I would take some players over Saquon.

Barkley is in a separate category you can call the "don't take your eyes off the TV when he is on the field" category. Alternatively, don't talk to me right now. Or no bathroom break when he can possibly get the ball. Or I might need a beer but it can wait. I don't think anyone since Barry Sanders is comparable.

However, if you want to win in the NFL, QBs come first. Secondly, systems may dictate who is "better." McCaffery and Henry are great so they may thrive in their respective systems while Saquon suffers in the Giants sinkhole.

Bottom line, "better" is too relative to be pertinent here. I would rather watch Saquon than any other football player. Mahomes is the only other player who brings a wow factor to the game similar to Saquon.

Zeke and Dalvin Cook ahead of Saquon???????

Zeke was bad last season IMO.. He got his contract and didn't run hard.

I always thought Cook had the tools to be one of the top 3 RB in the league. It was nice to see how well he did last season. But I would NOT put him ahead of Saquon. I would even put Aaron Jones ahead of Cook.

But as many have said judging players is so hard. It's all about the system they are in.

he was hurt much of last year, at least not 100%. They also broke in a new QB and still have a very weak OL.

Writers have a tendency to focus on a player with no thought of the team. Football is, easily, the most "team sport" in the USA. You simply cannot be a super star without having ten more good players around you.

Saquon had a year limited by an injury. Guys like Chubb, Cook, Elliott, McCaffrey, etc. had terrific years.

Let's see what he does this year. 31 is pretty good considering how he was limited.

There may not be 30 better players going forward, but it's tough to rank a guy who's played 1.5 seasons of healthy ball on a bad team ahead of others with longer careers and therefore bigger stat sheets.

Well when it comes to rbs SB is #1or 2. How many teams would seriously take Cook or Chubb over Barkley. Zero! Without that powerful OL in Dallas Zeke would just be another decent but not great rb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT