ADVERTISEMENT

21Guns, Barkley sighting!

mmp121

Dec 31, 2008
Penn State freshman running back Saquon Barkley practiced Wednesday and could return to the field this Saturday when the Nittany Lions host Indiana.

"He looked awesome," head coach James Franklin said. "He's kind of still working through it. No determination has been made yet. But he did take reps at practice. He looked good. We'll see."

http://pennstate.247sports.com/Bolt/Barkley-back-on-Penn-State-practice-field-40057763

Reactions: bmw199
Penn State freshman running back Saquon Barkley practiced Wednesday and could return to the field this Saturday when the Nittany Lions host Indiana.

"He looked awesome," head coach James Franklin said. "He's kind of still working through it. No determination has been made yet. But he did take reps at practice. He looked good. We'll see."

http://pennstate.247sports.com/Bolt/Barkley-back-on-Penn-State-practice-field-40057763

50 of you can pile on all you want, the fact remains that I am not the only one who dislikes his vague stance on injuries. And for the record, I love everything else about the man. I love his recruiting, I love his demeanor on the field on game day, I love his leadership, I love his respect for the history of this program and Joe, and I love the way he treats his players.

I dislike his vague and misleading stance on injuries. Pile on and form a lynch mob, I will post how I feel about it, just like I do about everything else in this program.

50 of you can pile on all you want, the fact remains that I am not the only one who dislikes his vague stance on injuries. And for the record, I love everything else about the man. I love his recruiting, I love his demeanor on the field on game day, I love his leadership, I love his respect for the history of this program and Joe, and I love the way he treats his players.

I dislike his vague and misleading stance on injuries. Pile on and form a lynch mob, I will post how I feel about it, just like I do about everything else in this program.
Give it a rest!

Heh, and here I thought 21Guns would be grateful to hear about a Saquon sighting.

*shrug*

W/E dude, to each their own...

Reactions: LaJolla Lion

Stop being a Bruce Heim crybaby. You bet your roll on that depth chart being the last word on Barkley's status and it is not. You. Were. Dead. Wrong. This is the takeaway--you ran your mouth and you were reliably and thoroughly shown not to know WTF you were talking about. If I have to parse the blame for that between you just misreading it and Franklin not coming to your house to brief you on his players' injuries, I am going 100% with you misreading it. 0% on CJF.

Stop being a Bruce Heim crybaby. You bet your roll on that depth chart being the last word on Barkley's status and it is not. You. Were. Dead. Wrong. This is the takeaway--you ran your mouth and you were reliably and thoroughly shown not to know WTF you were talking about. If I have to parse the blame for that between you just misreading it and Franklin not coming to your house to brief you on his players' injuries, I am going 100% with you misreading it. 0% on CJF.

21 guns is an abject failure.

21guns = BORE

He's Joe Sixpack. His only interest in Penn State is winning football games. Here he is:

mike-rhyner-zubaz.jpg

Yesterday was his first day back at practice. There was no reason to assume he could play until seeing him in action. Now Franklin says he looked awesome and we'll see. You can assume he's likely to play but nothing will be confirmed in case of any setbacks. How is this different than any other coach in the country?

This same guy will act like he discovered fire if IU does win. Somehow after these poor performances so far by PSU he thinks he's the only one that thinks IU can beat PSU. Yesterday it was IU by 24 to a close game doesn't matter. Why would it be close if he is saying IU by 24?

Reactions: mn78psu83
This same guy will act like he discovered fire if IU does win. Somehow after these poor performances so far by PSU he thinks he's the only one that thinks IU can beat PSU. Yesterday it was IU by 24 to a close game doesn't matter. Why would it be close if he is saying IU by 24?
I think he might have "the fever." Many of his posts complain about the withholding of injury reports with a mention of point spreads.

You guys are brutal. With Saquon I think we cover, without him we lose bad. Let's hope he actually is a go.

LMAO. Look at a fat old man, running HIS mouth now.

Hilarious. I'll go ahead and send you a friend request on facebook old man, and we'll see who the tough guy is.

Hilarious. I'll go ahead and send you a friend request on facebook old man, and we'll see who the tough guy is.

That's me. A fat old man. How will I know its you? There are a lot of people on facebook who talk out their rear end. Does not exactly set you apart.

Reactions: Mixolydian

We haven't had the threat of a mano a mano beatdown in a while. CR66 and BeaverStadiumMauler are the last two I remember who clearly threatened to open up the proverbial can of whoop a$$ ($$ - homage to CR66 as the board $cion) on a fellow poster. Nice!.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski and bmw199
We haven't had the threat of a mano a mano beatdown in a while. CR 66 and BeaverStadiumMauler are the last two I remember who clearly threatened to open up the proverbial can of whoop a$$ ($$ - homage to CR66 as the board $cion) on a fellow poster. Nice!.

LOL. Frank from Allentown used to go there once in awhile too.

With Frank I think it was the drink.

Although I believe I was the recipient of one of his rants many years ago, we actually met later and he is a really good guy. I wonder what happened to him? He was a huge PSU fan.

CR66 on the other hand is a douche in real life too.

We haven't had the threat of a mano a mano beatdown in a while. CR 66 and BeaverStadiumMauler are the last two I remember who clearly threatened to open up the proverbial can of whoop a$$ ($$ - homage to CR66 as the board $cion) on a fellow poster. Nice!.
He's a loudmouth who TYPES personal insults on a message board.

I speak my mind, and I don't post attacks or insults. I disagree with Franklin's injury policy, and have spoken it. Big difference. Him and "Bob Psu", lmao, are on here typing ad hominem attacks on a keyboard.

Although I believe I was the recipient of one of his rants many years ago, we actually met later and he is a really good guy. I wonder what happened to him? He was a huge PSU fan.

CR66 on the other hand is a douche in real life too.
Miss Frank's rants. As Saturday night progressed they got more intense. He'd be gone for pockets of time and reappear in top form. Bushy, I mean PSU_No1_Forever, pretty much took over the board on football season Saturday nights in the last couple of years. I think he might be on time out again. Just not the same without that guy.

Reactions: Ski
You called Franklin a liar. That's not a personal attack?

You know, you'd think that a guy who says he is opposed to Franklin LYING about injuries and playing status would be smart enough not to rely upon a Monday or Tuesday depth chart as proof of anything. But no, apparently not in this case. He picked it up and ran with it as though instead of "depth chart" at the top, it said "James Franklin's personal promise to 21 guns about who will play against Indiana."

The self pity is pretty rich. We are picking on him, he seems to be saying. He urges "50" of us to pile on him. 21, if they are all as fat and old as me, 1) we won't be able to get up again very fast; and 2)you are gonna look like a manhole cover when we get done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT