ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Champion Predictions from Least Confident to Most Confident

I'll put mine out now and see how much I change my mind after the conference tournaments.

Confidence from least to most:

125 - Matt Ramos (Very slight favorite in the biggest toss-up weight. Peaking at right time)

133 - Vito Arujau (I think he turns it on when it matters most. Fix & Crookham make it far from a sure thing)

149 - Ridge Lovett (Despite the loss to Parco, I still think he gets it done, but, Henson wouldn't surprise me much at all)

165 - Keegan O'Toole (I think 3 of the top 10 pound for pound wrestlers are in this weight. My heart says Mitchell, but, my brain says Keegan pulls it out)

141 - Beau Bartlett (As has been talked about to death, he makes things dangerous, but, seems to have ice in his veins)

157 - Levi Haines (I'm less and less worried each match he wrestles. Shapiro is dangerous, but, I like Levi's chances)

174 - Carter Starocci (He would have been my most confident prior to the injury. The fact that I still have this much confidence says a lot about how I feel about him)

184 - Parker Keckeisen (I think he is just on another tier at this weight. As a Mifflin County guy, I wish Trent could have made this cut one more year)

197 - Aaron Brooks (Hidlay is dangerous. Yes, he will wrestle cautiously against Brooks out of respect. He can keep it close and make it dangerous)

285 - Greg Kerkvliet (Honestly, I think he cruises. Bastida or Hendrickson might keep it close by score only, but, I don't see him losing)

I would drop Beau a few spots towards least confident. Just knowing how he wrestles close matches and has some trouble generating offense when trailing. Especially against taller opponents.

149 Gomez
125 Ramos
133 Crookham
165 Mesenbrink
141 Bartlett
174 Starocci (bc of injury)
157 Haines
184 Keckeisen
197 Brooks
285 Kerkvliet

Reactions: ccdiver
133 Nagao
184 Truax
125 Davis
149 Kasak
165 Mesenbrink
141 Bartlett
157 Haines
174 Starocci
197 Brooks
285 Kerkvliet.

Joining Welcome Home GIF

149 Gomez
125 Ramos
133 Crookham
165 Mesenbrink
141 Bartlett
157 Haines
184 Keckeisen
197 Brooks
285 Kerkvliet
Nobody is talking about Gomez because of his loss to Lovett but they fail to realize it was all due to him trying and insane move in the first period. It reminded me a lot of Nickal's losses, if he just would have wrestled more conservatively I think he would have won.

149 Gomez
125 Ramos
133 Crookham
165 Mesenbrink
141 Bartlett
157 Haines
184 Keckeisen
197 Brooks
285 Kerkvliet
Speaking of a big move. Mesenbrink motor and constant forward action could be what might causes him to take a loss on a big move from his opponent. The kid from Nebraska just missed on catching his arm.

Reactions: mcpat and USPMAN
Speaking of a big move. Mesenbrink motor and constant forward action could be what might causes him to take a loss on a big move from his opponent. The kid from Nebraska just missed on catching his arm.
I think that is the blueprint to wrestle MM. You know he is shooting from the initial whistle, so set up the immediate counter if you can. Because you won't match that pace for 7 minutes. Hasn't that happened at least two times this year off the whistle? Could be remembering wrong. But we'd all take 10 MMs any day and everyday

Reactions: Callthestall
Pre-Conference tournaments, half of these will change after conferences and once brackets drop
Least to Most
125: Camacho
149: Gomez
141: Mendez
165: Carr
133: Crookham
157: Haines
285: Kerk
174: CSTAR
197: Brooks
184: Keck

Kerk
Brooks
Levi
Messinbrink
Lovett
Bartlett
Ramos
Pinto
Bousakis
Cstar if he goes which is why he is last. If he goes he moves to third after Brooks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT