ADVERTISEMENT

Football 2021 CFP National Championship Game Thread

We have a long way to go, based on what I see.
Obviously, the biggest part that stands out about these two teams is the truly elite size most of the players have but also just the ridiculous speed that's on the field. Saw it there with Lewis Cine, who at one point looked like a good possibility to be a Nittany Lion before moving south.

Obviously, the biggest part that stands out about these two teams is the truly elite size most of the players have but also just the ridiculous speed that's on the field. Saw it there with Lewis Cine, who at one point looked like a good possibility to be a Nittany Lion before moving south.
Very difficult for the vast majority of college programs to compete at this level. Michigan and Cinci found that out.

I know people hate SEC vs. SEC but this is one of the best games I've seen in a very long time. Great defenses and special teams. Offenses coming up with some big plays. Great coaching. Elite players.

Watching the Coach’s Film Room on ESPN2 some interesting comments and invites. Little hard to follow and spit screen makes it tough sometimes but some good stuff.

People that like football? The best two teams BY FAR going head to head for a title is usually a game people care about

I know people hate SEC vs. SEC but this is one of the best games I've seen in a very long time. Great defenses and special teams. Offenses coming up with some big plays. Great coaching. Elite players.
Meh.....hard to care

Reactions: Cowbell Man
I forgot there was a game. When I remembered, I didn’t care to watch. It’s the finals of an invitational. Only if my team was in would I have an interest.

a real playoff would be a different story.

Watching the Coach’s Film Room on ESPN2 some interesting comments and invites. Little hard to follow and spit screen makes it tough sometimes but some good stuff.
Always been a fan of the coach's room. Little sad they didn't have a bunch of different head coaches this year like usual but I recorded this year's so I can go back and hear what Jimbo and his staff had to say about some of the key plays.

Always been a fan of the coach's room. Little sad they didn't have a bunch of different head coaches this year like usual but I recorded this year's so I can go back and hear what Jimbo and his staff had to say about some of the key plays.
Herbstreit is such a Georgia homer!!! 🤪🙄😉

They use a lot of their own lingo. And sometimes they all get to talking or laughing. But good stuff.

I forgot there was a game. When I remembered, I didn’t care to watch. It’s the finals of an invitational. Only if my team was in would I have an interest.

a real playoff would be a different story.
Yet another season and another example of why we don't need to expand the playoff. These teams were clearly the best all season. They demonstrated that by dominating their competition in only a 4 team playoff. Why do we need more teams?

I still think they will expand the playoffs but it's only a money grab. It has nothing to do with giving more teams a chance.

People that like football? The best two teams BY FAR going head to head for a title is usually a game people care about

The College Game has been made too regionalized. The CFP beauty invitational has all but killed the game in this Country from the Rockies to the West Coast. Until you get all P-5 Conference Champions involved, no one outside the Southeast is going to give a crap.

Just look at how little interest was shown in this thread while the game was actually being played.

I forgot the game was even on until about 10:00. Turned it on in the third quarter and realized that they let those Southern boys play real football down there. None of that touchy/feely stuff like we play up here. The coverages were tight as they could be, and the refs let them play to the whistle like we used to be able to do in the old days.

The Bulldogs won the rematch. Good for them. Next year, my guess is that they will be playing the $30 Million Dollar Aggies (dollar amounts are more important than school names at this point).

Reactions: GreggK
Yet another season and another example of why we don't need to expand the playoff. These teams were clearly the best all season. They demonstrated that by dominating their competition in only a 4 team playoff. Why do we need more teams?

I still think they will expand the playoffs but it's only a money grab. It has nothing to do with giving more teams a chance.
Agree about the 4, it is the most appropriate number. Before this, it would have been Bama vs. Michigan. 4 allowed for Cincinnati to be taken care of and UGA proving their worthiness.

Decades ago, might have still have been Bama-UGA, but Michigan would have only had to beat Utah, and who knows who Cincinnati would have played.

Potential controversy eliminated.

My contention for about the past 7-8 years......
There is one way to get to the table with Alabama, build an NFL type front 7 with players who's size and speed resemble NFL players at such positions and who's prospects are to make a future NFL practice squad or better. If you have that recipe the rest of the team in arbitrary. Last night what you saw were two NFL front sevens controlling a football game till someone wiggled free on a play or two.
Bama has been employing this tactic for nearly 15 years now, obviously with a very high success rate.

There is one way to get to the table with Alabama, build an NFL type front 7 with players who's size and speed resemble NFL players at such positions and who's prospects are to make a future NFL practice squad or better. If you have that recipe the rest of the team in arbitrary. Last night what you saw were two NFL front sevens controlling a football game till someone wiggled free on a play or two.
Bama has been employing this tactic for nearly 15 years now, obviously with a very high success rate.
Yep and someone else s going to have to outbid Bama/UGA with crazy NIL $ to take enough of those lines away from Bama and UGA to take the throne.

Reactions: bison13 and fkkkjm
Yep and someone else s going to have to outbid Bama/UGA with crazy NIL $ to take enough of those lines away from Bama and UGA to take the throne.

people seem to forget that this is all ultimately about the money. Between the school’s administration and boosters, you either have a shot at winning a national title or you don’t. The disparity is so bad that there should almost be a breakout between teams like Alabama and teams like Northwestern. It’s comical. TAMU literally just bought a recruiting class. Think about that for a minute. It’s going to end up like MLB. You are going to either be the Pirates or the Astros and there is zero being done to ensure fair play or a level field.

but like the typical pussification in our society, we sprinted toward more individual rights (because being a college football player was SOOOOOO oppressive).

Bama, OSU, Oklahoma, Georgia, LSU, TAMU Texas——> just move them to a round robin AAU circuit. Texas sucks, but their boosters won’t be outbid forever.

Very difficult for the vast majority of college programs to compete at this level. Michigan and Cinci found that out.
Now imagine giving in to the argument of expanding playoff to 8 teams. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yes, it makes the post-season more worthwhile for the other four teams, but….
OS could have held their own, but after that I’m not sure.

OL

Now imagine giving in to the argument of expanding playoff to 8 teams. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yes, it makes the post-season more worthwhile for the other four teams, but….
OS could have held their own, but after that I’m not sure.

OL
..and you will never know. Look at history pre this ground hog day format... how often did lower ranked top ten teams beat higher ranked teams.
You might find your answer there.

BINGO! It all starts with the lines, not the Pretty Boys. Tell me the last Ohio State Super Star QB that went on the the NFL and had a big career. Fields might.....but he he would be the first in a long time. And I am not convinced he will.

Even Tom Brady says the QB is more a game manager than a game changer. Says the QBs job is not screw up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT