ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 PSU Ice Hockey Thread

PA_JOE... where are the live updates? I'm at dinner and can't listen to the game. Twitter only takes you so far, lol. 😆 3-1 PSU in the 3rd. Sounds like a lot of penalties.

Looking forward to November 12th. Convinced the wife to allow me and my older kid to head to Happy Valley for hockey Friday/football Saturday (will have to quarantine ourselves for a few days). Whoo hoo!!! Can't wait to get back to Pegula. Threw in a batch of Creamey ice cream on dry ice on the return trip home to sweeten the deal. 😁

That’s the hit. I’ve seen many much harder hits, but this was fantastic in the way the Niagara player ended up over the boards. Great hit. Lots of style points.
Nice way to get him off of the puck.

Sophomore Tyler Paquette gets the empty netter. 6-2.

The goal was the second of his career. His first was earlier tonight.

Reactions: NittanyLionFan
They are a tough squad year in and year out. I am not expecting a W next weekend, but hope PSU can keep it respectable.
Duh... obviously two different teams (Duluth vs North Dakota). Interesting that North Dakota played Niagra last weekend to the same scores that PSU and Niagra skated this weekend...

Quinnipiac beat up on North Dakota tonight. They play again tomorrow night.

I would still favor ND next week over our boys, but I definitely don’t think it is the given outcome that many of their fans are expecting.

Autio needs to play well and have to stay out of penalty box. Do that and I think Wall could get a game winner.

They are a tough squad year in and year out. I am not expecting a W next weekend, but hope PSU can keep it respectable.
UND (NoDak/ The University of North Dakota? I think you can take them. If we would not have waited till the end of the second period to play, we could have had a chance against Duluth, but we didn't. Both of those programs are very tough outs. They (both UMD, and UND) are battle tested due to the WCHA being so tough top to bottom. However, I still think that PSU, Minnesota, Michigan and maybe Notre Dame have some better skill players. Most of us (BigTen hockey teams) are lacking in top to bottom grit and depth.

Quinnipiac beat up on North Dakota tonight. They play again tomorrow night.

I would still favor ND next week over our boys, but I definitely don’t think it is the given outcome that many of their fans are expecting.

Autio needs to play well and have to stay out of penalty box. Do that and I think Wall could get a game winner.
It's a good day when UND hockey goes down... ;)

Final score is 6-2. But it was actually a close game. It was 3-2 and Niagara was dominating play. Then Penn State exploded for 3 goals in the last 7 minutes.
Thanks for the update! That is the great thing about skating teams. They can score in bunches. Your team is never afraid to shoot the puck!!! Next week should be a great series. Both teams should get up and down the ice in a hurry.

BTW I forgot to mention that we got beat by UMD 5-3. Pulled the goalie with about a 1:40 left, but couldn't get one let alone two goals. Even with grade A chances. UMD is good!

• Angry
Huge win for program, especially in a rebuilding year.
Absolutely. This season was looking like a big rebuild with maybe .500 in conference at best. This should be a confidence builder and get us through the non-con games in great shape. Michigan in a couple weeks will be a real test. But for now, they know they can skate with the top teams.

Absolutely. This season was looking like a big rebuild with maybe .500 in conference at best. This should be a confidence builder and get us through the non-con games in great shape. Michigan in a couple weeks will be a real test. But for now, they know they can skate with the top teams.
Way too early to call it a rebuild. You could easily be BigTen Champs. The skating Lions do one thing better than most/ all in this league. That is putting the puck on the net.

Reactions: The Shelter
I know it is too early in the season to mean much, but up to No. 8 in the Pairwise with tonight's win (just behind No. 7 North Dakota, lol).
This win will be huge for Pairwise. Especially given how crappy the rest of our non conference schedule is. Now we root for North Dakota to beat up the rest of the NCHC

After a rough start to conference play (swept on road at OSU and at home by Michigan, all four losses by significant margins), PSU gets its first conference win of the season 5-3 at No. 7 Minnesota. Autio was great in net tonight!

In other games, ND downs Michigan (who just reclaimed the No. 1 ranking on the back of the sweep at PSU last weekend).

Game 2 tomorrow night and another two out of conference at St. Thomas before returning home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT