ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is bordering on cultish at this point lol. "Having fun" isn't a new concept. People have been having fun on wrestling teams since it started. It's kind of the whole point.

People laughing at the PSU "fun" thing wasn't over the idea that PSU has fun, it was that they mentioned having fun multiple times every single time they were in front of a microphone. Every single PSU interview sounded exactly the same over and over again. It was like an entire team only speaking coach speak (ftr I think many of them were in on the joke). Nobody was mad that PSU wrestlers were having fun lol.

Obviously, it's a waste of time trying to convince you because you're probably the most rabid anti-Iowa fan I've ever seen on the forums, but what do you think Brands means when he looks for a certain type of athlete? Any thoughts as to why Cael (and basically every college sports coach ever) says that too? What about the fact that Iowa and PSU are constantly fighting over the same recruits? Seems like Cael and Brands like the same type of recruit to me.
Don’t give me that bullshit, Brands never even contacted Aaron Brooks. And I’d be willing to bet Cael showed very little interest in almost your entire starting lineup aside from Spencer. And you are right, having fun isn’t a new concept but it is for coaches like the Brands brothers. Had it not been, they wouldn’t have had to speak about changing some things up at Iowa in how they recruit, train and wrestle. Ask Larry Lee, I think he laid a lot of that out in his 3 inch binder. Which still cracks me up that Tom actually admitted in a live interview that he was getting pointers from a recruits dad. Lmao

As for the types of Athletes each school brings in, I’ll say this, when I watch Iowa wrestle there really is not much difference in style from one guy to the next. I see kids doing things the coaches way ….Iowa Style as you Hawk fans like to say. Very little difference from one guy to the next. I see guys at PSU wrestling loose I see different arsenals from one guy to the next….it’s like night and day between the two programs. It’s how a freshman goes out and beats your 5th or 6th year Sr. That’s coaching my friend. Sorry that hurts to hear but that’s what it is.

Dispute it now but you’ll be saying exactly what I’m saying in about 5 years…halfway through PSUs next run of 8 or 9 out of 10. Many of you were beginning to say it just a few short years ago until God blessed Brands and you Hawk fans with the PA contingent. Shitty thing is tho, the PA pipeline that Spencer was suppose to create isn’t shaping up to be what you all thought it was going to be. And unfortunately for Brands and Morningstar, they will be taking a beating again soon from your fans. It’s coming…. It’s certainly coming.

Last edited:
What did willie say on his show ?
Basically that there's some smoke but not yet fire -- some interest from both sides, but (my words) way too early to tell how this will turn out.

Also possible that Suriano does not return to college wrestling. If he does, he's definitely going 125 to take his shot at Lee. The Suriano and Lee families are friendly, so this is business not personal.

Willie's sources are Bob Suriano and Cael.

Willie also said there's animosity between the Fix and Lee families. But 125 might be too hard a pull for Fix.

Basically that there's some smoke but not yet fire -- some interest from both sides, but (my words) way too early to tell how this will turn out.

Also possible that Suriano does not return to college wrestling. If he does, he's definitely going 125 to take his shot at Lee. The Suriano and Lee families are friendly, so this is business not personal.

Willie also said there's animosity between the Fix and Lee families. But 125 might be too hard a pull for Fix.

Thanks El Jefe.

Did Willie explain the source of the animosity between the Fix and Lee families?

Since we’re talking about Vision Quest, here is a photo of Spencer training with a gigantic (for his size) log, just like Shute: :)

portrait-of-a-man-with-wooden-staff-on-his-shoulders-XBCFAW.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
Come on now, you know that's not what I was going for. Sans Suriano, PSU has the firepower to win it.

My head is telling me that I'm being silly as I've witnessed enough examples of unexpected results in wrestling. But I just can't stop my gut from telling me that the Hawks are going to have a very, very special year and no one is stopping them(Suriano or not).

Of course this could very well become a post that "the board remembers"....

Oh well, I'll risk it.
I think the Hawks are set to accomplish something so special they have never managed to get it done previously. No matter the effort the Hawks have never been quite good enough to finish second to one of Cael's championship teams. This is the year. Special indeed!

also confirmed that Suriano wouldn't enroll until second semester (edit: although I guess that was obvious at this point..)

Last edited:
Reactions: The Shelter
My prediction.....

suriano makes world team at 61 and medals. Does not come to psu

Suriano doesnt make WT or doesnt medal will come.

It's all ego. All the time. It's all that matters.

Is Mocco the only guy to be NC at two Div 1 schools?
My prediction.....

suriano makes world team at 61 and medals. Does not come to psu

Suriano doesnt make WT or doesnt medal will come.

It's all ego. All the time. It's all that matters.
So let’s write the headline when this all plays out: “The Ego Has Landed!”

Is Mocco the only guy to be NC at two Div 1 schools?
Probably. Incredibly rare for a returning D1 champ to transfer. Offhand, the only ones I can think of are Mocco, Suriano, Gross, and Tsirtsis. Perhaps there were others, but highly unlikely that any repeated as champ at a second school.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Probably. Incredibly rare for a returning D1 champ to transfer. Offhand, the only ones I can think of are Mocco, Suriano, Gross, and Tsirtsis. Perhaps there were others, but highly unlikely that any repeated as champ at a second school.
Suriano hasn’t transferred, yet.

And didn’t PDIII transfer between his sixth and seventh titles? :)

Potential 4D chess move by Tom Brands: Announce Spencer is redshirting in hopes Suriano decides not to come back. Then pull his redshirt next January when it's too late for Nick to enroll somewhere.

Don’t give me that bullshit, Brands never even contacted Aaron Brooks. And I’d be willing to bet Cael showed very little interest in almost your entire starting lineup aside from Spencer. And you are right, having fun isn’t a new concept but it is for coaches like the Brands brothers. Had it not been, they wouldn’t have had to speak about changing some things up at Iowa in how they recruit, train and wrestle. Ask Larry Lee, I think he laid a lot of that out in his 3 inch binder. Which still cracks me up that Tom actually admitted in a live interview that he was getting pointers from a recruits dad. Lmao

As for the types of Athletes each school brings in, I’ll say this, when I watch Iowa wrestle there really is not much difference in style from one guy to the next. I see kids doing things the coaches way ….Iowa Style as you Hawk fans like to say. Very little difference from one guy to the next. I see guys at PSU wrestling loose I see different arsenals from one guy to the next….it’s like night and day between the two programs. It’s how a freshman goes out and beats your 5th or 6th year Sr. That’s coaching my friend. Sorry that hurts to hear but that’s what it is.

Dispute it now but you’ll be saying exactly what I’m saying in about 5 years…halfway through PSUs next run of 8 or 9 out of 10. Many of you were beginning to say it just a few short years ago until God blessed Brands and you Hawk fans with the PA contingent. Shitty thing is tho, the PA pipeline that Spencer was suppose to create isn’t shaping up to be what you all thought it was going to be. And unfortunately for Brands and Morningstar, they will be taking a beating again soon from your fans. It’s coming…. It’s certainly coming.
"Tell me you know nothing about wrestling without telling me you know nothing about wrestling"

Must be pretty miserable to not be able to handle your favorite wrestling team not being on top for a few years to the point you're writing novels on anonymous wrestling forums about how only your staff has wrestling and life figured out and everybody else is miserable and not having fun.

More like Jonestownsteel

• Haha
Reactions: johnstownsteel
Potential 4D chess move by Tom Brands: Announce Spencer is redshirting in hopes Suriano decides not to come back. Then pull his redshirt next January when it's too late for Nick to enroll somewhere.
Frankly, if Spencer is willing to entertain the possibility of coming back for another year, Tom should absolutely hold him out until second semester to see how he's holding up physically, independent of any chess calculation with Suriano. Maybe wrestle midlands unattached and make a decision after that. Very similar to what they did post-ACL injury his true freshman year.

If Spencer just wants to finish and move on to post-grad life then that's that.

Frankly, if Spencer is willing to entertain the possibility of coming back for another year, Tom should absolutely hold him out until second semester to see how he's holding up physically, independent of any chess calculation with Suriano. Maybe wrestle midlands unattached and make a decision after that. Very similar to what they did post-ACL injury his true freshman year.

If Spencer just wants to finish and move on to post-grad life then that's that.
I can't see Spencer redshirting under any circumstance with the team race looking how it's going to look. This is kind of a "duh" analysis. He's like the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Only other champ transfer that I could think of was Howe, but he took 2nd after transferring to Oklahoma.

Then again, I had forgotten about Tsirtsis, so could be more...

Reactions: El-Jefe
"Tell me you know nothing about wrestling without telling me you know nothing about wrestling"

Must be pretty miserable to not be able to handle your favorite wrestling team not being on top for a few years to the point you're writing novels on anonymous wrestling forums about how only your staff has wrestling and life figured out and everybody else is miserable and not having fun.

More like Jonestownsteel
I’ll drink to that.

• Haha
Reactions: js8793

More like Jonestownsteel
This isn't targeting you but rather a message to both HR (though I don't post there) and BWI. I still remember before his twitter got hacked and all his tweets were deleted, RBY tweeted after Big Tens this year "Fans seriously take this wrestling thing too personally, it really ain't that serious" (Iowa fans were not happy he was shuffling his feet during the match, thinking he was trying to taunt ADS) and half the Iowa team liked that tweet in agreement basically.

Fans of Iowa/PSU are at war at all times but I say watch the demeanor of the guys after the matches, all class (Eierman had some extra words after the handshake at Big Tens, can't lip read cause he had his heard turned but seeing Lee's reaction, they were very kind words) Nothing is personal, no trash talk, compete hard then that's that, move on with life.

Wrestling is a part of life to these guys believe it or not, not life itself. They're competitive as hell but I don't think they get nearly as triggered by anything that we see fans who live through them get.

This isn't targeting you but rather a message to both HR (though I don't post there) and BWI. I still remember before his twitter got hacked and all his tweets were deleted, RBY tweeted after Big Tens this year "Fans seriously take this wrestling thing too personally, it really ain't that serious" (Iowa fans were not happy he was shuffling his feet during the match, thinking he was trying to taunt ADS) and half the Iowa team liked that tweet in agreement basically.

Fans of Iowa/PSU are at war at all times but I say watch the demeanor of the guys after the matches, all class (Eierman had some extra words after the handshake at Big Tens, can't lip read cause he had his heard turned but seeing Lee's reaction, they were very kind words) Nothing is personal, no trash talk, compete hard then that's that, move on with life.

Wrestling is a part of life to these guys believe it or not, not life itself. They're competitive as hell but I don't think they get nearly as triggered by anything that we see fans who live through them get.
Agree and probably shouldn't have taken the time to respond. I just find his personal style of fandom a bit distasteful. Anytime you're rooting for opponents to burnout or taking a little too much glee in the injuries of an opponent, I think it crosses a line and gets under my skin. You should want to beat an opponent at full strength. My ideal team race comes down to head to head match ups in the NCAA finals with both teams having great tournaments.

Also, somewhat operating off the assumption that he posts on HR under his alt MorleyDawg (or something like that). If I'm wrong I apologize, but he's spent the last few days very openly hoping and arguing that Abe Assad has lost his love of the sport and quit, which is something no wrestling fan should ever be cheering for.

Only other champ transfer that I could think of was Howe, but he took 2nd after transferring to Oklahoma.

Donahoe right? Also took second after going to Edinboro

Reactions: jrod65

How brave of Suriano and Fix to consider going after Spencer now that he has no ACL's lol. Where was this energy when he was healthy?

I'll believe Fix can make 125 for a season when I see it (without his special water bottles). In a just world, he never wins a title and I might need RBY to do his part on that one.

I can't help but like Suriano though.

Iowa fans just get pissy when I go over there to correct their foolishness and some come here to play hero. I'll use the Teasdale saga as an example. I bit my tongue for a couple months listening to their "insiders" tell us how well Gavin was adjusting to his new teammates and coaching staff. I hear and see things, I knew it was a bunch of bullshit so I dangled some stuff to see who would hang themselves with their lies. Eventually I just asked a simple question if Teasdale was at a tournament. If memory serves it was maybe Big 10s. Anyway, their idiot insiders were saying oh yes...he's doing great too and one moron even commented that he saw him in the background on TV. This surprised me (not really) and thought that was some epic trickery Teasdale pulled off considering I saw him in SW PA while the tournament was in progress. Still never said anything....let them go on about how great things were with Iowa and Gavin knowing things werent so great with him. Once the new roster came out, I just asked a simple question to see if they wanted to feed everyone even more bullshit on top of the bullshit they already shoveled down my throat. I simply asked if Iowa listed their redshirt freshman on their roster. I knew the answer but eventually someone picked up what I was really inquiring about. Pretty sure I was banned soon after that but even then those insiders telling me I was crazy to insinuate that there was something up with Teasdale being at Iowa. If I'm not mistaken, JS was one the idiots over there saying it.

Like I said, I go there mainly to pushback when they are telling lies about our wrestlers, their parents, the program and coaching staff and they hate me for it. I also call them out on things within their own program that I know is not true. Real Hawk fans are nothing like the group they allowed to take over that board. Nothing. Matter of fact, I'm close to one in particular that has given me quite a few insider tidbits that turned out to be true. I've never had a problem with any Hawk fan I've met and talked with. Only those on HR.

Dammit, I had worked hard to repress Chris Perry memories. Was down to Jon Fausey beating him at Dapper Dan, and Mike Evans and Matt Brown both sticking him but not getting called.

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup
How brave of Suriano and Fix to consider going after Spencer now that he has no ACL's lol. Where was this energy when he was healthy?

I'll believe Fix can make 125 for a season when I see it (without his special water bottles). In a just world, he never wins a title and I might need RBY to do his part on that one.

I can't help but like Suriano though.
The target gets bigger with each title, right?

Agree and probably shouldn't have taken the time to respond. I just find his personal style of fandom a bit distasteful. Anytime you're rooting for opponents to burnout or taking a little too much glee in the injuries of an opponent, I think it crosses a line and gets under my skin. You should want to beat an opponent at full strength. My ideal team race comes down to head to head match ups in the NCAA finals with both teams having great tournaments.

Also, somewhat operating off the assumption that he posts on HR under his alt MorleyDawg (or something like that). If I'm wrong I apologize, but he's spent the last few days very openly hoping and arguing that Abe Assad has lost his love of the sport and quit, which is something no wrestling fan should ever be cheering for.
You are an idiot. No one is rooting for anything bad with Iowas athletes. Some of you fans need to be put in your place but the athletes there are a ok in my book. What also makes you and idiot is your silence over there when your crew promotes that our wrestlers use steroids or parents and kids taking payoffs. Im done discussing this with you.

You are an idiot. No one is rooting for anything bad with Iowas athletes. Some of you fans need to be put in your place but the athletes there are a ok in my book. What also makes you and idiot is your silence over there when your crew promotes that our wrestlers use steroids or parents and kids taking payoffs. Im done discussing this with you.
70a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT