ADVERTISEMENT

2017-18 TV & Video Stream Options for PSU Wrestling Competitions

ItalianLion

Mar 24, 2017
I had put this information together for myself and thought that others might find it valuable as well since a lot of folks seem to always ask. I have tried to mirror dicemen's technical prowess, to create it like his recruiting spreadsheet... but I'm not nearly as skilled as he. :)

Just my small way of trying to give back to all of you who have shared/taught me so much to me for years as I have just lurked.

PSU Wrestling - Video availability <= click here

As I am far from perfect, I welcome knowing of any errors needing correction or suggestions for making it better.

Last edited:
I had put this information together for myself and thought that others might find it valuable as well since a lot of folks seem to always ask. I have tried to mirror dicemen's technical prowess, to create it like his recruiting spreadsheet... but I'm not nearly as skilled as he. :)

Just my small way of trying to give back to all of you have shared/taught me so much to me for years as I have just lurked.

As I am far from perfect, I welcome knowing of any errors needing correction or suggestions for making it better.

Thanks for sharing!

this place is really starting to round out with some fine-fine people. Well done sir.

when you get time can you create a list of the inside jokes, known trolls, and answers to redundant questions. Pretty sure thats all we are missing.

this place is really starting to round out with some fine-fine people. Well done sir.

when you get time can you create a list of the inside jokes, known trolls, and answers to redundant questions. Pretty sure thats all we are missing.

This is great but the real burning question is what mat is Pletcher vs. Carton on? (TIC)

Does the mod get to wear a pin chain for that? ;)

tOSU will be switching out singlets for this. Foley will give rave reviews.
images

I concur, so pinned it will be.

ItalianLion, nice job with the compilation. I changed the Subject line of your post to make it a littler clearer what was in the thread.

Wow, I've been pinned! <sigh>... sort of sums up my entire wrestling career! :oops:

Thank you for pinning the Post and for changing the subject line: it is now abundantly clear to see why you are the writer and I am the accountant. ;)

Indiana was moved to 2:00pm, and as I understand it, will be televised by BTN.

Just my small way of trying to give back to all of you who have shared/taught me so much to me for years as I have just lurked.

My television is connected to the internet via dish Network. Could I stream BTN+ to my television?

And if it's not too much trouble, could you include what mat Carton/Pletcher is on?

Edit - I see somebody beat me to this, but I second the motion.

Has BTN released their full televised wrestling schedule for this season yet? Haven't been able to locate it.

My television is connected to the internet via dish Network. Could I stream BTN+ to my television?

Yes you can. I too have DISH and I do it all the time. Simply attach your PC to your TV with an HDMI cable and the BTN+ stream on your PC will play through TV.

(Note: you will need to change the TV "source" to the HDMI port you are using. the "source" button can be found on your TV remote)

As an added perk to this setup, and again I do this all the time, you can open a second window/tab to open JB's play-b-play at the GoPSUSports site and using the pause/start controls on the BTN+/GoPSU streams: you can perfectly synchronize JB to the video.

Enjoy!

Reactions: lionlover
Has BTN released their full televised wrestling schedule for this season yet? Haven't been able to locate it.

I have not seen it released in total as single list anywhere as in years past; however, the PSU BTN matches are listed in the link above, and by going to BTN2Go, clicking on schedules and filtering for "wrestling" will allow you to see what is currently scheduled for the coming months.

EDIT: tab 2 “Other B1G” now includes the full BTN list

Last edited:
Did flo drop the monthly subscription. The only option I am seeing is the $150 for the whole year.

Thank you for posting this information with the links to the sites. I am a daily reader but I am glad you started posting because this is good stuff.

People say that not seeing the monthly option might be a cookies issue if you took advantage of it before. Try another browser or clear cookies, it might work.

Manmyth, have you tried a different browser? Chrome versus safari versus IE? I am far from an expert, just throwing things at the wall to see if it sticks!

Wow, I've been pinned! <sigh>... sort of sums up my entire wrestling career! :oops:

Thank you for pinning the Post and for changing the subject line: it is now abundantly clear to see why you are the writer and I am the accountant. ;)

Then again, there are many, many woman who are thrilled to get pinned by their high school swain!

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
Tidings of great joy I bring! The dual at Michigan State has now been confirmed, to be streamed on BTN+. A big "thank you" to the MSU Athletic dept. who helped to get this clarified.

This now confirms that every B1G dual with PSU will be available via TV or streaming video!

In fact, the lone exception to every PSU match being available is our closing dual at home against Buffalo... but I expect that as we get closer we will get either Lionvision or BTN+ confirmation for that match as well.

We are truly blessed to have this type of access, and I am tremendously grateful to be able to watch my Lions from afar... and I think that this type of exposure can only continue to help with recruiting as kids regularly see the PSU 'product' on the mat! (and what a product it is! :D)

ItalianLion - Thanks for all your work. Very helpful.

One suggestion, if it's not too difficult. Please use a dark font instead of the light green. Green is fine if you like it, but the light green is not showing up too well.

Just a thought, if it fits your plans.
Thank you again for putting the list together ItalianLion.

Please use a dark font instead of the light green

Mr. TJ,

Thank you so much for the feedback. We want you to know that your feedback is important to us so we have referred it to our Continuous Improvements Committee... who have reviewed your concerns and shared a new prototype with our Redesign Committee... who have shared it with our Marketing & Customer Care unit... who forwarded it to the Technical Design Board... who sent it to our offshore Development team... who this morning sent it back to our Quality Control Board... who approved and allowed us to promote the asked-for-change for you this morning! :)

Sorry, I felt a bit playful this morning... on a serious note, I do appreciate the feedback and I hope the new coloration of the text works better for you. If not, do not hesitate to let me know and we'll send it back through the Continuous Improvement Cycle ;)

Go State! Beat Lehigh!

Mr. TJ,

Thank you so much for the feedback. We want you to know that your feedback is important to us so we have referred it to our Continuous Improvements Committee... who have reviewed your concerns and shared a new prototype with our Redesign Committee... who have shared it with our Marketing & Customer Care unit... who forwarded it to the Technical Design Board... who sent it to our offshore Development team... who this morning sent it back to our Quality Control Board... who approved and allowed us to promote the asked-for-change for you this morning! :)

Sorry, I felt a bit playful this morning... on a serious note, I do appreciate the feedback and I hope the new coloration of the text works better for you. If not, do not hesitate to let me know and we'll send it back through the Continuous Improvement Cycle ;)

Go State! Beat Lehigh!

LOL - Clever reply ItalianLion. :)

Kudos for your "Fun" style,
in keeping with the
Penn State Wrestling tradition. ;)

Nice work on your multiple
Takedowns of the weaker fonts.

Upon review, your getting Back
Points quickly to being a Winner
& your Pinned post is upheld!

Plus, you've scored additional
Technical Fall (& Winter)
Bonus Points for your festive
Christmas colors of
Green and Red.

Ho ho ho!

Thanks to you ItalianLion
and your entire team!
Podium quality performances.

Santas Elves are glad you
toyed around with the idea
and had "Fun" while you worked.

;)

ItalianLion, thanks for putting this list together. We broadcast many of the matches at our Elks Lodge as fund raisers. Your consolidated list really helps us plan our broadcast schedule. Much appreciated!

In fact, the lone exception to every PSU match being available is our closing dual at home against Buffalo... but I expect that as we get closer we will get either Lionvision or BTN+ confirmation for that match as well

Tidings of great joy! It is now confirmed that the Buffalo match will be available on BTN+ ... and that completes our regular season coverage!

Also, I have added the detailed timing for the Southern Scuffle rounds to the schedule to help folks plan their post New Years events!:D

Wishing you and yours a blessed & merry Christmas.

Session timings and related TV/Video streaming options for the B1G & NCAA tournaments have now been updated on the spreadsheet

Still to be confirmed is that BTN+/FloPro will carry the individual mats for B1G & that ESPN3 will do the same for the NCAA. That is my assumption based on the past.

Also, a public service announcement for those of you who at times have issues with the GoPSUSports app to listen to JB. Let us remember the audio flow: Live Venue => Radio Station => PSU => GoPSUSports

If you are having delays in getting GoPSUSport, you can also get it directly from the radio station links or via the iOS apps for the radio station. Those links/info are all given and outlined in the spreadsheet for your assistance. Hope it helps some of you.

@RoarLions1 and @ItalianLion any idea when the announcement for and what time the Ohio State Match will be? Trying to plan the evening accordingly and am the DD for going to the match.

Thanks also for the continued info.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT