ADVERTISEMENT

Philadelphia 76ers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sixers signed FA Marco Belinelli late last night. Should give them another shooter. Keith Pompey's article yesterday, like most articles this week, did not paint a very promising picture for Fultz playing this season. Limited to shooing within the paint.

Sixers signed FA Marco Belinelli late last night. Should give them another shooter. Keith Pompey's article yesterday, like most articles this week, did not paint a very promising picture for Fultz playing this season. Limited to shooing within the paint.

Sixers normally redshirt their top pick, right?? Let him work on the jumper over the summer and come back strong.

If they all stay healthy, very possible

I like the signing of Bellinelli....good shooter....better the TLC and will help spell Reddick and provide some offense off the bench. Best of all didn't have to give up anything. Evans would have been a nice pickup at the deadline, but from what I heard they wanted Saric...LOL no way that was going to happen...at least it better not! Trust the process!

Reactions: Judge Smails
If they all stay healthy, very possible

I like the signing of Bellinelli....good shooter....better the TLC and will help spell Reddick and provide some offense off the bench. Best of all didn't have to give up anything. Evans would have been a nice pickup at the deadline, but from what I heard they wanted Saric...LOL no way that was going to happen...at least it better not! Trust the process!

Win one playoff series this year? Then Lakers #1 pick, their own #1 pick, and room for a max free agent (with Fultz hopefully ready to go after the off season).

giphy.gif

Then Lakers #1 pick,

Maybe. That could go to the Celtics if it's pick 2 thru 5 (something like that). At this time, the Lakers are projected around 11th worst, so the Sixers will probably get to keep that pick and have to give up the Sacramento pick next year.

Maybe. That could go to the Celtics if it's pick 2 thru 5 (something like that). At this time, the Lakers are projected around 11th worst, so the Sixers will probably get to keep that pick and have to give up the Sacramento pick next year.

Lakers have no incentive to tank, unlike many other teams. I'd be very surprised if it fell to that range.

Lakers have no incentive to tank, unlike many other teams. I'd be very surprised if it fell to that range.

Agreed, but they'll be in the lottery. So that pick could end up in the top three regardless of tanking or not.

Win one playoff series this year? Then Lakers #1 pick, their own #1 pick, and room for a max free agent (with Fultz hopefully ready to go after the off season).

giphy.gif

Dont forget Jonah Bolden. He had a strong Euro League season and is playing great in the Premier Israel League. He is showing that he is ready for the NBA at the 3-4 spot.

Reactions: Judge Smails
This TJ McConnell kid from the Burgh is growing on me. A triple double last night!?

I read up on him a bit and apparently a lot of folks who saw him in High School didn't think that he could play major D1 hoops. He proved them wrong. I know for a fact that a lot of Sixers fans and folks on sports talk radio didn't think he was an NBA player. He definitely CAN play in the league and he's gonna get himself a nice little contract. Most importantly Coach Brown and the team seem to love the kid. Jim Lynam says that TJ brings good energy and vibes to the locker room.

It's amazing what will and drive can overcome as far as talent. I think of a kid like Scottie Reynolds who was an All American in HS and a four year Big East star but couldn't get any burn in the NBA. Heck, look at McConnell's buddy Nik Stauskas who was a top 8 pick and he's barely hanging on in the league.

Last edited:
This TJ McConnell kid from the Burgh is growing on me. A triple double last night!?

I read up on him a bit a apparently a lot of folks who saw him in High School didn't think that he could play major D1 hoops. He proved them wrong. I know for a fact that a lot of Sixers fans and folks on sports talk radio didn't think he was an NBA player. He definitely CAN play in the league and he's gonna get himself a nice little contract. Most importantly Coach Brown and the team seem to love the kid. Jim Lynam says that TJ brings good energy and vibes to the locker room.

It's amazing what will and drive can overcome as far as talent. I think of a kid like Scottie Reynolds who was an All American in HS and a four year Big East star but couldn't get any burn in the NBA. Heck, look at McConnell's buddy Nik Stauskas who was a top 8 pick and he's barely hanging on in the league.

He doesn't take many, but also amazing that TJ is shooting 50% from 3. Just straight work ethic from that kid.

It has a 2.9% chance of landing in the Top 3 today.

Whatever happens with the lottery, this offseason is shaping up as one of the more interesting for the Sixers in a long time. They are likely to end up with a lottery pick plus their own top 20 pick. Plus they will actually be big players in free agency. Hopefully they don't screw this up.

Whatever happens with the lottery, this offseason is shaping up as one of the more interesting for the Sixers in a long time. They are likely to end up with a lottery pick plus their own top 20 pick. Plus they will actually be big players in free agency. Hopefully they don't screw this up.

I think it’s possible for the Sixers to rise to the 4 seed in the East by season’s end.

This Mitchell kid from Utah is a good player, but I can't believe he has popped into the lead with all the talking heads for Rookie of the Year. Simmons is so impactful and is putting up quite frankly some historic numbers. It should be a runaway.
It's because too many experts want to use the lame "redshirt" rookie excuse. In my mind that makes him a college Junior. How much more experience did he get recovering from an injury on an NBA team, than he would have playing a 2nd year of college?

Last edited:
Donovan Mitchell has had a tremendous rookie year, but it's pretty clearly Ben Simmons. Credit to Mitchell for making it at least a discussion as it looked like Ben was going to run away with it for the first month or two.

Donovan Mitchell has had a tremendous rookie year, but it's pretty clearly Ben Simmons. Credit to Mitchell for making it at least a discussion as it looked like Ben was going to run away with it for the first month or two.

Utah has won like 11 games in a row which is helping Mitchell's cause bigtime too, but Simmons impacts the whole game so much more than he does.

27 games left. 17 games against teams with losing records. Sixers are in good shape to make the playoffs if they take care of their business.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...2017-18-brett-brown-joel-embiid-20180220.html

The downside is rest. Because of the London trip, they end with a bunch of back to backs. There are a net 4 games where they are at a rest disadvantage compared to the opponent.

I think Bellinelli will make a big difference for that bench unit. Just didn't have any scorers previously.

Sixers stole one on the road in 1st game after the All-Star break.

Down by 5 to the Bulls with 40 seconds left, the Sixers scored the last 6 points (tip-in by Simmons, 2 FTs by Redick, and 2 FTs by Simmons) to win 116-115. Often a game like that in a playoff series can be absolutely crucial.

Last edited:
17 of their remaining 27 games are against teams with losing records. Many of these teams will be tanking. They are set up to make a run in the playoff seedings during the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Sixers could also make a post season trade for Kawhi Leonard. He wants out, Spurs know he wont stay after next season, tension between Pops and Leonard, and Leonard and Brown are close.

Defensive points saved and offensive points added. Simmons has been spectacular on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT