ADVERTISEMENT

2016 World Championships in non-Olympic weights

Just an opinion, no facts...but I would think YES. Everyone of consequence moved to the Olympic weights to determine our representative...so now they should be allowed to move to a non-Olympic weight to qualify for the separate World Championships. We want to send the best, no?

If I understand this correctly, it will mean men's freestyle world championships held Dec. 10-11 in Budapest for:
61 kg (approx. 134#)
70 kg (approx. 154#)

Can this fit in with an active college wrestler's season?
If so, I'm thinking Nashon Garrett at 61, and I-Mart and Nolf at 70 might have a shot?

Or is it more likely that a post-grad or redshirt would be in the mix?

If I understand this correctly, it will mean men's freestyle world championships held Dec. 10-11 in Budapest for:
61 kg (approx. 134#)
70 kg (approx. 154#)

If so, I'm thinking Nashon Garrett at 61, and I-Mart and Nolf at 70 might have a shot?

Good question. I'd be absolutely, totally shocked if Cael allowed Nolf to wrestle an international freestyle tournament during the season.

61 kg (approx. 134#)
70 kg (approx. 154#)

I mar is not making 154.....He is going 165 this coming year...I f not he will be sucking a lot of weight and gassing like last year. He stalled a lot to get through matches against the better guys....

I mar is not making 154.....He is going 165 this coming year...I f not he will be sucking a lot of weight and gassing like last year. He stalled a lot to get through matches against the better guys....
I said the same thing over on the mat, and the hater crew came out of the woodwork and piled on like never before, post after post...until it gradually sunk in that in fact I Mar IS going at 165.

Silence and tumbleweeds ever since. Just like Chance's transfer, where NYWrestler was calling Chance's corner at UWW's and claiming no transfer, while others were claiming Chance would "easily" beat out Rodgers(who can't get down to 65 ANYWAY)...more silence and tumbleweeds.

They LOVE to pile on right up until the day comes that they can't. Then they pretend it never happened...they should be politicians lmao.

Spyker and Guns - did Illinois make an announcement or do you have inside sources? The only thing my Google search turned up was you two echoing each other's prediction on various message boards. Maybe instead of venting spleen about the "haters" who don't believe you, you could tell us why you think you know this and let us make our own judgments about whether your claims are credible.

Would 70 be in James Green's wheelhouse?

I would think so since he was the bronze medalist at 70kg at the 2015 World Championships. The timing would make it hard for any current college wrester to compete in this.

Garrett at 61kg sounds like a really good fit. Don't forget a number of wrestlers that didn't qualify for the Olympic team may try to compete. Ramos, Metcalf, Stieber, etal.

Spyker and Guns - did Illinois make an announcement or do you have inside sources? The only thing my Google search turned up was you two echoing each other's prediction on various message boards. Maybe instead of venting spleen about the "haters" who don't believe you, you could tell us why you think you know this and let us make our own judgments about whether your claims are credible.

Stop referring to YOU, as "us"....It works both ways: If you can prove "us" by grouping together every other poster on the board, other than Spyker and I, then you get to use "us", if not, it's YOU, not "us".

And I can assure you, Spyker and I are not the only ones who have said IMar to 165...why would Perry make an announcement? Cael didn't even announce Gino was our guy, until about 5 days before the B1G's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT