ADVERTISEMENT

10,000 on ignore, Book 174: The Days of Reckoning, Part 33.....

Ten Thousan Marbles

Gold Member
Feb 6, 2014
Racism, Fascism, Conspiracy Theories, and COVID-19: Not a Rerun From 2020, I Swear
ShowerCap

8730889D-FAEE-4BB8-A995-794588B62D41.jpeg

.......So, the leading pusher of the ridiculous “Italygate” conspiracy theory turned out to be literally a realtor who pretended somebody else’s big fancy house was her own in order to seem important, and while I understand it’s possible, even easy, to fool some of the people all of the time, I humbly beg said rubes to at least make the damn con artists work for it a little, y’know? “Italian spy satellites changed my vote? Got it, lemme just jot that down in my Bible real quick, over one o’ them silly passages about loving thy neighbor.”

And the shitty thing is, you don’t even get to laugh at these dolts anymore, (a SQUATTING REALTOR? Who the **** actually falls for such lame-ass, Junior Hitchcock garbage? And how much are you willing to wager on a friendly game of three-card monte?) on account of their penchant for terrorism. In fact, the Department of Homeland Security warned Congress this week of the threat of violence from those who’ve been duped into believing Tangerine Idi Amin will be “reinstated” to the Presidency by a pillow salesman with some obviously fallacious notions about how much meth he can handle.

Meanwhile, over on One America “News” Network, they are calling, with distressing nonchalance, for mass executions in the name of the Big (and Bigly Debunked) Lie. Seriously, you watch the creep in that video...I’ve seen sportscasters get more worked up reporting a backup catcher got traded for a player to be named later. Evil sure gets banal in a hurry, huh?

Incidentally, I pay for cable so I can watch pro wrestling and maybe yell at Chuck Todd a bit during my more masochistic moods; I feel like it’s wrong to ask me to fund stochastic terrorism in exchange for such simple pleasures. Also, insurance companies who try to get viewers emotionally invested in the extended cinematic commercial universes inhabited by their spokespeople should be, well, not executed, but certainly fined, and perhaps even spanked.........
Speaking of the lethal consequences of disinformation, COVID-19’s Delta variant is the latest liberal hoax sweeping through MAGA Nation, where the evolutionary instinct for self-preservation has been overcome by the demented need to believe Anthony Fauci is some sort of deep state satanist seeking only to maliciously harm the pure, noble, (checks notes) grab-‘em-by-the-pussy guy.

Folks, COVID-19 does not care how unquestioningly you swallow every post in your Plandemic Patriotz Facebook group; COVID-19 just wants to get inside your body to kill you if it can. The Delta variant appears to be the most contagious yet, and since we already know that nearly all coronavirus hospitalizations and deaths nowadays involve the unvaccinated, you have all the information you need to protect yourself, provided you aren’t distracted by the shrieking realtor lady...........
As we roll wearily towards the six month anniversary of That Time a Clump of Dipshits Tried to Murder Congress and End Democracy, we’re starting to see the inevitable bonanza of Say, That Was Really Something, Huh? retrospective tomes, each revealing the behavior of Treasonweasel Administration as somehow even worse than initially reported, during the four years when the daily newspaper was printed in blood, weighed as much as a car battery, and screamed when you opened it.

For example, back in the early days of the pandemic, with so much of the carnage wrought by the most catastrophic failure of leadership in American history still to come, Pumpkin Spice Pol Pot apparently suggested hiding the problem at Guantanamo Bay. Now, off the top of my mask, I don’t know the precise square mileage of our little Caribbean black site, but I suppose it would’ve been kinda interesting to see if the resulting Jenga tower of corpses would’ve toppled before it became visible from space.

Now, most bungling autocrats would be content, simply inflicting mass casualties upon the civilian populace, but our boy Donnie Two-Scoops went the extra mile, getting nearly 900 Secret Service agents infected with the coronavirus through his recklessness and denial. Y’know, just because they’re pledged to take a bullet for you, doesn’t give you the right to melt ‘em with a magnifying glass like little green army men, you pile of puke.

Oh, and the Manchurian Manchild did indeed attempt to bring the unholy wrath of the federal government down upon those dastardly enemies of the state at...Saturday Night Live. Pardoned traitors and war criminals; sought to jail satirists. I’m glad I never got locked up for my lil’ poo joke blog, but I’m still at high risk of arrest for slapping the sanctimony out of the mouths of those treacherous dirtbags who still imagine they get to lecture us on patriotism after all the atrocities they enabled..........
And then of course, who could forget Government Cheese Goebbels’ ravenous lust to deploy the U.S. military on American soil, to slaughter Black protesters in the streets? To “beat the ****” out of them. To “crack their skulls.” To “just shoot them.” Hard to believe it was barely five years ago when we naively thought such unapologetic evil would be disqualifying, even for the white grievance-driven Republican base; now we understand they’ll never again accept anything less.

Silver linings were certainly hard to come by during those final, disastrous months of the Turd Reich, but learning that Joint Chiefs Chairman General Mark Milley got to tell fascist ****boi Stephen Miller to “shut the **** up,” right to his Nazi weasel face, fills me with light and life. Make me a Shut the **** Up, Stephen arcade game, and I’ll convert my life savings into quarters and tokens en route to transferring them to you.

The news that General Milley stood between them and their long-sought race war did not sit well with the braying white supremacists of Fux Nooz, who wasted little time ushering him in front of the crosshairs of the Two Minutes Hate. Laura Ingraham wants to defund the military now, for studying the white rage she incites professionally. Tucker Carlson threw one of his patented propagandistic shitfits, proclaiming the veteran of seven combat tours to be “a pig,” and “stupid,” neither “brave” nor “respected,” and ultimately “unimpressive” to the doughy, mewling hate-monger who made his way in the world in the traditional Republican manner: inheriting wealth.

Just for good measure, Milley put odious felchmarmot Matt Gaetz in his place during a House Armed Services Committee hearing, and okay, Gaetz’s real place is in prison for trafficking minors in order to rape them for money, but Milley sure is living his best life, huh? Or maybe he’s living my best life...........
As expected, Senate Republicans filibustered a voting rights bill, and I understand y’all are upset about that, but I’m a walk-a-mile-in-the-other-fella’s-shoes kinda guy, and honestly, if my personal failings were measured in Hundreds of Thousands of Graves, I probably wouldn’t have the most charitable feelings about accountability, either........
Well, Republicans, you had your chance to back a bipartisan independent commission, but you blew it. Nancy Pelosi wants you to know, she isn’t mad, just disappointed. So now she’s counting to three, she’s using your full names, and she’s establishing a select committee to investigate the terrorist attack on the United States Capitol on January 6th. And you can keep whining about partisanship if you really think it’s a good idea to remind the public that there’s only one party in this country interested in defending the homeland from terrorism, I guess. In conclusion, eat shit..........
Somebody check Hades’ thermostat, because some Republicans are actually standing up to Hairplug Himmler and the Big Lie (the shittiest alt-right cover band in America) in Michigan, and they’re even gettin’ a little sassy about it! I guess a certain tiny-fisted tyrant doesn’t seem quite so menacing without his Twitter privileges. Some God Emperor you dorks picked.........
Ron DeSanta wants to know if college students and professors in Florida have been naughty or nice, which is anti-American enough without noting he’s grading on a white nationalist death cult’s curve. Pro tip: when you’re punishing educational institutions for failing to produce drones that dutifully parrot your bankrupt ideology, what you are is a Nazi. Your mom must be proud.

So yeah, the Governor of Florida is a fascist, and with the help of his fascist state party, he is enacting a slate of shockingly fascist laws, right here in 21st century America. Oh, and doing so has made him the front runner for the national GOP’s Presidential nomination in 2024. I hope you don’t think this paragraph is building towards a punchline, by the way..........
The nation’s hospitals, already straining under the weight of the latest coronavirus surge, now face a devastating wave of new patients, with injured backs, torn diaphragms, and even ruptured lungs, from laughing over-vigorously at the news that Rudy Giuliani got his law license suspended on account of all that seditious lying and whatnot. Ol’ Rudes is like MAGA Job, and I don’t imagine he’s stepped on his last rake, either.

(Son of Cousin-****er seems to think he can drum up some sympathy votes for his doomed gubernatorial campaign by whining about his traitor dad’s long-overdue comeuppance, and nobody spoil the surprise for the kid, okay?)..........
Merrick Garland announced the Justice Department is suing Georgia over their mega-racist new voter suppression law,but Brian Kemp and co. are pretty sure they crammed just enough plausible deniability in there to clear John “Racism Schmacism” Roberts’ low bar. While we breathlessly await Amy Coney Barrett’s thoughts on the matter, (thanks, third party voters!) Georgia Republicans are already giddily purging voters from the rolls and Black Democratic election officials from their posts, but why let a silly thing like evidence get in the way of institutionalizing white supremacy?

Still, Derek Chauvin has been sentenced to two decades+, and criminal charges for the Turdmaggot Organization could come as early as next week, so perhaps the concept of justice in this country hasn’t quite been perverted beyond all repair.

Well, after a long day of chroniclin’ ****ery, I like to do two things: drink beer and promote my upcoming comic book!Seriously, check this one out, friends, and sign up on our pre-launch page; you’re really gonna dig it. Stay safe out there!

Biden outplayed Republicans on infrastructure, but it only counts if he gets a reconciliation deal
Kerry Eleveld

GettyImages-1325284234.jpg

President Joe Biden (C), joined by from left to right, Sen Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH), Sen Bill Cassidy (R-LA), Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ), Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA) and Sen Mitt Romney (R-UT), speaks after the bipartisan group of senators reached a deal on an infrastructure package at the White House on June 24, 2021 in Washington, DC.

"We have a deal," President Joe Biden announced Thursday, celebrating the framework of a bipartisan infrastructure deal worth $1.2 trillion, only about $580 billion of which would be new spending.

“They have my word, I’ll stick with what they’ve proposed," Biden said, flanked by a core group of Senate Democrats and Republicans. "And they've given me their word as well. Where I come from, that's good enough for me."

But less than 24 hours after the kumbaya moment, the word of Republicans carried less weight than a phone number drunkenly scribbled on a bev nap after last call. GOP senators claimed they were shocked, indeed "blindsided," by the president's intention to continue pushing a separate Democrats-only bill to invest several trillion dollars more into his health care, education, climate, and child care initiatives.

Later on Thursday, Biden had explicitly outlined the necessity of passing a separate reconciliation bill, telling reporters it was imperative that his other priorities be addressed in a measure that would be negotiated by Democrats alone.

“If this is the only thing that comes to me, I’m not signing it,” Biden said of the bipartisan infrastructure deal. “It’s in tandem.”
"GOP infrastructure negotiators fume over Biden's handling of their deal," read a POLITICO headline.
Republican Sen. Jerry Moran of Kansas was reportedly "wavering" in his support for the deal. In order for him to stay on board, Moran was demanding assurances from the chief Democratic conveners of the group—Sens. Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona and Joe Manchin of West Virginia—that they would oppose passing a Democrats-only bill through the Senate procedure known as reconciliation.

"No deal by extortion!" Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina complained in a Friday tweet. "It was never suggested to me during these negotiations that President Biden was holding hostage the bipartisan infrastructure proposal unless a liberal reconciliation package was also passed."

Wait, who's holding who hostage? No one forced Senate Republicans to sign onto something that might actually do good for the nation—like creating jobs and modernizing our ailing infrastructure. Meanwhile, Graham and Moran are both threatening to jump ship unless Democrats forfeit Biden's other domestic priorities. In the first instance, Republicans get to exercise free will—choosing whether to support or not support the deal. In the second, Republicans are making their support conditional on Democrats surrendering to their dictates
How novel that Graham is accusing Biden of doing precisely the thing he himself is doing—hostage-taking. Seriously, Republicans must get up every morning, look in the mirror, and practice saying, "No, you're the ones who stole the election! No, you're the traitors!" Projective disinformation is just bread-and-butter GOP politicking now.

Anyway, Republicans are now claiming Biden negotiated in bad faith because he never told them something Democrats have actually been talking about publicly for months—that they were pursuing two tracks, a smaller bipartisan deal and a bigger reconciliation package.

Following the GOP uproar, it didn't take long for the Democratic Party to assemble a few links documenting the recent history of what everyone who has been living on this planet has been fully aware of for months.

Just a couple weeks ago, POLITICO actually reported an entire piece about the GOP plan to secure the smaller bipartisan package in hopes that it would kill Democratic momentum for a larger reconciliation bill on Biden's other priorities.

“It’ll be awful hard to get those moderate Democrats to be for [reconciliation],” said Sen. John Thune of South Dakota, the Senate GOP's No. 2 deputy. “The stars are kind of lining up for an infrastructure bill. And if you do do something bipartisan on that, then I think doing something partisan on reconciliation—in some ways, with certain Democrats—it gets a lot harder.”

Huh. Sure sounds like Senate Republicans damn well knew Democrats were hoping to get a companion bill, even if they managed to secure a bipartisan deal.

And as far back as mid-May, none other than Sen. Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia, the lead GOP negotiator in the original bipartisan talks, said President Biden explicitly told Republicans he hoped to address a second set of priorities through a Democrats-only reconciliation bill, according to ABC News' congressional journalist Trish Turner. Capito even said that wasn't a deal breaker for her.

“I mean, why wouldn't we work with the President of the United States to improve our infrastructure or make any other improvements in the country?" Capito said. "We know that they have that [reconciliation] option, we used that option in 2017,” she added, referring to the GOP's wildly unpopular tax giveaway to the rich.

And earlier this month, Minority Leader Mitch McConnell mused, “We are anticipating at some point getting a reconciliation bill.”

So, not exactly "blindsided."

On Thursday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi echoed Biden's sentiments on linking the bills, saying the House wouldn't move on any bill until both bills had cleared the Senate. She added, “If there is no bipartisan bill, we’ll just go when the Senate passes a reconciliation bill." In other words, the reconciliation bill is the must-have: House Democrats aren't moving without it. Pelosi is clearly reflecting the realities of her caucus, and she doesn't think she can get a strictly bipartisan bill passed without the progressive priorities in a companion bill.

But even better, both Manchin and Sinema have indicated a continued openness to the reconciliation package.

"Reconciliation is inevitable," Manchin told reporters, noting that the two-track strategy was "the only strategy we have."

Sinema similarly said she was "open to finding a path forward" on what she called a "two-phase process."
That was the Biden’s masterstroke—making certain Sinema and Manchin would return to the table for a Democrats-only bill.

For now, Americans have a chummy picture of President Biden standing outside the White House with Senate Republicans and Democrats, reassuring the public that the two parties can still deliver for them. "We have a deal" was the either the headline or the lede of nearly every mainstream story that accompanied that picture.

If Republicans walk on that deal, it will be on them to explain why they couldn't follow through on doing something good for the country—and that's apparently because Democrats insisted on doing other good things too. It’s a point White House press secretary Jen Psaki seized on.

“It will be up to Republicans to decide if they’re going to vote against a historic investment in infrastructure … simply because they do not like the mechanics of the process,” Psaki said. “That’s a pretty absurd argument for them to make; good luck on the political front.”

But Republicans reneging will also give Biden an opportunity to make the case to Sinema and Manchin that he went the extra mile and now reconciliation is the only way forward.

If Republicans stay, Biden will get to tout a huge win on bipartisanship, proving the theory of the case he articulated on the 2020 campaign trail to much ridicule. It will also give Manchin and Sinema incentive to do right by the White House on a reconciliation measure that ropes in more of Biden's priorities.

Ultimately, if Biden gets a solidly progressive reconciliation bill through Congress—regardless of whether a bipartisan deal accompanies it—he will have out-maneuvered Republicans.

We likely won't know how this all shakes out until late summer or even fall, given that both bills have yet to be written and clearly negotiations remain tenuous. But whether Republicans stay or go, President Biden left the week in a much stronger position to bring along his two most challenging Democratic senators on a reconciliation package that promises to make or break his legacy.

Days after a vote that triggered a tsunami of Catholic debate about Communion and politics, leading U.S. Catholic bishops working on an upcoming document about the sacrament are now de-emphasizing direct confrontation with President Joe Biden or other Catholic politicians who support abortion rights........

PopeFrancisandJoeBiden.jpg

Sen. Ron Johnson to hold public event for vaccine-resistant frauds and fools
Aldous J Pennyfarthing

There’s a reason many of Sen. Ron Johnson’s less benighted constituents call him RoJo the Clown and not, say, RoJo the Scientist or RoJo the World-Renowned Authority on Communicable Diseases and Leading-Edge mRNA Vaccine Technology. Because when it comes to subjects outside his bailiwick—which is pretty much limited to nonsense, still more nonsense, and full-on pantaloon-irrigating nonsense—he spews more dangerous gases than every effluent Elsie in America’s Dairyland.

Because he hasn’t planned a July 4 trip to Moscow this year (that we know of, anyway), Johnson’s decided to betray his country while staying stateside. It looks like we’re going to just miss President Joe Biden’s goal of delivering at least one COVID-19 vaccine shot to 70% of adult Americans by July 4—though arguably, if you only count people who are acting like adults, that percentage is pretty close to 100.
So what tomfoolery is RoJo up to now?

This …

Via
Fox6 News, in Milwaukee:

Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson plans to hold an event in Milwaukee on Monday, June 28, that will question COVID-19 vaccine safety, a story FOX6 broke.
The senator will be joined by those who say they had adverse side effects, including the wife of a former Green Bay Packers player.

Whoomp, there it is! The wife of Ken Ruettgers, a Packers offensive lineman from the 1990s, said something-something about alleged vaccine side effects, and because my home state of Wisconsin is Wisconsin, we all have to pretend it’s important. I’m a Packers fan, but there’s a reason Dr. Anthony Fauci never played left tackle for the team. I assume it’s similar to the reason Brett Favre isn’t the one who sets official CDC health guidance—namely, because he’s a ****ing dipshit, and not because all the agency’s infographics would mysteriously include egregiously Photoshopped dick pics—though that’s a credible danger, too.

Of course, Johnson is doing his best to appear Very Reasonable. He insists he’s not anti-vax. He’s just asking questions, you see.

“None of us are anti-vaxxers,” RoJo told Fox6. “We’re all huge supporters of vaccines. I’ve gotten every vaccine, every flu vaccine. I’m up to date on all my other vaccines. I'm glad that literally hundreds of millions of Americans have been vaccinated and been protected, but I don’t think you can ignore some of the issues, some of the problems.”

Agreed. That’s why the CDC regularly monitors vaccine side effects, and why it’s willing to pause vaccines that raise legitimate concerns. Indeed, some would argue that, if anything, the government has been overly cautious.

But RoJo knows best, and when it comes to undermining Joe Biden, he’s all-in—even if his unwitting followers will suffer the brunt of his irresponsible decisions.

Then again, one of the gullible fools who could be in COVID-19’s crosshairs next is Johnson himself. He hasn’t gotten the COVID-19 vaccine because he thinks he’s immune and packed with antibodies. Flouting CDC and WHO recommendations, he’s passing on the shot because he’s already had COVID-19.

In fact, with the highly transmissible Delta variant currently ravaging the world—including much of the U.S.—the WHO is recommending that even fully vaccinated people should continue to wear masks and social distance in public.

The World Health Organization on Friday urged fully vaccinated people to continue to wear masks, social distance and practice other Covid-19 pandemic safety measures as the highly contagious delta variant spreads rapidly across the globe.
“People cannot feel safe just because they had the two doses. They still need to protect themselves,” Dr. Mariangela Simao, WHO assistant director-general for access to medicines and health products, said during a news briefing from the agency’s Geneva headquarters.
“Vaccine alone won’t stop community transmission,” Simao added. “People need to continue to use masks consistently, be in ventilated spaces, hand hygiene ... the physical distance, avoid crowding. This still continues to be extremely important, even if you’re vaccinated when you have a community transmission ongoing.”

Sadly, in a feeble attempt to justify his death conference, Johnson also cited the government’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), which includes a raw set of data indicating that more than 5,000 people have died after taking the vaccine. Of course, the CDC itself cautions that the information on the database may be "incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental or unverifiable." What’s more, given that roughly 178 million Americans have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, it stands to reason that some of them would die afterwards. But that doesn’t mean their deaths were caused by the shot.

FactCheck.org digs deeper into the realities of VAERS.

As we’ve explained before, anyone can submit a report of an event to VAERS, even if it’s not clear that a vaccine caused the problem. All reports are accepted into the database without determining whether the event was caused by a particular vaccine, and therefore, as a disclaimer warns, submissions “may include incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental and unverified information.”
“One of the main limitations of VAERS data is that it cannot determine if the vaccine caused the reported adverse event,” reads its website. “This limitation has caused confusion in the publicly available data from VAERS WONDER, specifically regarding the number of reported deaths. There have been instances where people have misinterpreted reports of deaths following vaccination as deaths caused by the vaccines; that is not accurate.”

Meanwhile, the reality-based community is clapping back at RoJo’s deadly rhetoric and planned superspreader and misinformation extravaganza. Wisconsin’s Democratic Gov. Tony Evers, for one, called Johnson out in the strongest terms.

But, hey, whether he’s celebrating his Independence Day in Moscow or in Wisconsin, RoJo will be doing Vladimir Putin’s bidding—whether he knows it or not. He’s sowing chaos, like the good little traitor he is.

On FOX and Friends Lara Trump 'CANCELS' a FOX News Poll Showing Biden with 56% Approval
News Corpse

The mission of Fox News was recently disclosed by the network's CEO, Lachlan Murdoch. He told a Morgan Stanley investor conference that it is Fox's job to be the opposition saying that "That’s what our job is now with the Biden administration [...] That’s where our audience is."

True to form, Fox News is carrying out their mission at every opportunity. Their so-called "news" reporting is comprised almost entirely of attacks on President Biden, his administration, and the overwhelmingly popular Democratic agenda. In fact, Fox is advancing their anti-Democratic propaganda even when when it means burying the results of their own alleged journalism.

This week Fox News released the findings of a poll they conducted that apparently produced results that contradicted their right-wing narratives. The poll showed that Biden is enjoying a 56% approval rating. However, that's the sort of truth that Fox News doesn't want to burden their audience with. Consequently, what would ordinarily be the topline news in the story was pushed further down in an obvious attempt to bury it.

Biden's approval rating was literally the last line in the article on Fox's website. The headline didn't even mention it, reading "Fox News Poll: Majority believes COVID-19 leaked from lab in China." What's more, Fox barely acknowledged that the poll even existed on their network. And one of the few mentions of it was this segment of Fox and Friends where Lara Trump, a Fox News contributor, described the poll as
"illegitimate":

Kilmeade: How do you explain his approval rating, according to Fox’s poll, is 54 percent?
[Note that Kilmeade got the number wrong]
Lara Trump: I mean, I truly don’t believe that. I don’t think that is a legitimate number. I also think he gets totally coddled by the mainstream media. Every time you see him truly asked a question by so many of these outlets they're these softball questions about ice cream. And really they don't push him on anything. They don't follow up on anything the way we know they would with Donald Trump. And he just gets glowing reviews all around from the mainstream media. So very clearly, people who tune into those outlets are not getting the full picture on Joe Biden. But I cannot believe that anybody would have his approval rating anywhere over about negative 5% at this point.

Imagine that. Trump called Fox's poll illegitimate on Fox's air. Co-host Steve Doocy meekly inserted his view that Fox stands behind their polls. But it wasn't much of defense after Trump's tirade. And we'll just set aside the absurdity of anyone on Fox News complaining about "coddling" and "softball questions" after four years of sucking up to Donald Trump.

A previous appearance by Trump since she became an employee of Fox News caused a bit of stir when she advocated violent vigilantism by residents of border towns against refugees. "I guess they better arm up and get guns," Lara warned, "and be ready, and maybe they’re gonna have to start taking matters into their own hands."

The Fox News mission to disparage Democrats and democracy is in full effect. In just the past couple of weeks for example, they have been bashing Vice-President Kamala Harris for both going to, and not going to, the border. They stand behind Tucker Carlson's nauseating conspiracy theories attacking the FBI and the U.S. military. They are deliberately misleading viewers about voting reform and Critical Race Theory. And they literally take the side of Russia's Vladimir Putin over Biden and the U.S.A.

That's how Fox News rolls. And their anti-America, unpatriotic, lie-riddled assault on the values and principles of the nation will continue until the people who Fox is disinforming pull the veil of deception from their eyes. Sadly, the nature of the Trumpian cult to which they are devoted is going to prevent that for the foreseeable future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT