ADVERTISEMENT

0T: For a cupla reasons, been thinking of the movie Risky Business.....

Ten Thousan Marbles

Gold Member
Feb 6, 2014
Set me straight if I am wrong.

Wasn't this movie about an underage HS age boy arranging a sex party with prostitutes for a large number of other high school boys?

Wasn't this a very, very popular movie?

Who says our sexual mores never change?

And, no, I am not throwing a party for all y'all.

Reactions: ram2020
Yes it was and everybody seemed to be having a good time. Although, I don't think he participated, even the Ivy League college recruiter was impressed

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Set me straight if I am wrong.

Wasn't this movie about an underage HS age boy arranging a sex party with prostitutes for a large number of other high school boys?

Wasn't this a very, very popular movie?

Who says our sexual mores never change?

And, no, I am not throwing a party for all y'all.
-----
If you are looking to modern Hollywood for moral guidance, you are seriously misguided. Hollywood is a disgusting den of scumbags that is doing serious damage to the country and the world.

-----
If you are looking to modern Hollywood for moral guidance, you are seriously misguided. Hollywood is a disgusting den of scumbags that is doing serious damage to the country and the world.

To be honest, I don't think that modern Hollywood would chance a remake of that movie.

I really did not expect even one person to attempt to address my questions here. So, kudos to you for that, anyway.

To be honest, I don't think that modern Hollywood would chance a remake of that movie.

I really did not expect even one person to attempt to address my questions here. So, kudos to you for that, anyway.
----
First the movie was a tongue-in-cheek comedy. And as it was high school seniors at/near graduation time, most would be at the age of consent. It was the prostitution angle that was illegal. But again it was comedy.

As for have our morals changed? They always do. But much of what Hollywood and the rest of the entertainment industry puts out is much worse now. I see no reason why it could not be remade now.

OK, I'll answer
Yes
Ranked 1119th All-time domestic box office
Few people

Only disagree with the last one. I think few people are aware of how our sexual mores change....even as the go thru life experiencing that change.

A twenty year old has little grasp of what our sexual mores were 20 years ago.

Heck, I am told that Main St. in my little town was lined with nickle brothels going into the late 1970s...old coal mining town. The kids in HS here now have no idea about that.

We all have little grasp of the sexual mores of Civil War times, the Roaring Twenties, the depression era, or WW2-time America. Etc.

Just my opinion. Other may agree or disagree.

Only disagree with the last one. I think few people are aware of how our sexual mores change....even as the go thru life experiencing that change.

A twenty year old has little grasp of what our sexual mores were 20 years ago.

Heck, I am told that Main St. in my little town was lined with nickle brothels going into the late 1970s...old coal mining town. The kids in HS here now have no idea about that.

We all have little grasp of the sexual mores of Civil War times, the Roaring Twenties, the depression era, or WW2-time America. Etc.

Just my opinion. Other may agree or disagree.

Was surprised to discover that my wife's great grandfather was married 4 times--and her great grandmother 3. In Iowa. *Rural* Iowa around the turn of the century. And no, most were not due to death of a spouse (one was).

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT