ADVERTISEMENT

0-16.

That game had many examples where you say, 'that's why you're the Browns' -- the offsides in the first half on the FG attempt to give the Steelers a first down, the Coleman drop on 4th and 2 that would have given them a first and goal on the 10 with 1:30 to play, the horse collar tackle to give the Steelers the first down they needed to run out the clock, and naturally, the kickoff return TD to Smith-Schuster right after they had finally tied the game. There are people on that field today that I would not allow on the bus/plane back to Cleveland. 1-31 in the last 2 seasons. Total embarrassment.

Coleman's dropped pass encapsulates the Browns franchise. Just brutal. And inexcusable.
Perhaps.

A great scene was a minute or two later when Kizer had his arm around the player consoling him. I think there was a small hint of a smile on Kizers face. The camera showed him politely speaking to the WR for 20 seconds I thought.

Our own Carl Nassib made his contribution last week against the Bears.

Chicago leading 6-3, Cleveland intercepts a Bears pass on the first play of the second half, returns it for a TD and a 9-6 lead, extra pt to follow.

BUT WAIT.....A FLAG.

Nassib had lined up offset, so the play was negated, Bears now with a first and five (and they proceed to drive 80 yds for a TD). And the sad part, he didn’t jump offside, he LINED UP OFFSIDE. (There was snow on the ground, but a defensive player CAN NOT LINE UP OFFSIDES!)

To Cleveland's credit last week, I thought they played hard.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Perhaps.

A great scene was a minute or two later when Kizer had his arm around the player consoling him. I think there was a small hint of a smile on Kizers face. The camera showed him politely speaking to the WR for 20 seconds I thought.
I saw that. It was a class move by Kizer. Makes you want to root for him. But wow, was Coleman's dropped catch bad. If he and Gordon are the best the Bowns have at WR, then they should consider using a draft pick on a quality WR.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT