ADVERTISEMENT

“President Barron discusses efforts to help students manage debt”

TRADE. SCHOOLS.

You know, get an education that you can actually apply to a job that pays money . . . a novel concept.

Reactions: paws1957
Unfvckingbelievable! Just when one settles into the belief that Fats couldn't be a bigger asshole, he goes a head and proves you wrong.

As he keeps in building more new and very expensive facilities. These passholes have never had to manage a business. They just spend. Then cry to Harrisburg about funding. When I lived the the Boston area, 1969-1973, Harvard was still teaching in 159 year old buildings.

As he keeps in building more new and very expensive facilities. These passholes have never had to manage a business. They just spend. Then cry to Harrisburg about funding. When I lived the the Boston area, 1969-1973, Harvard was still teaching in 159 year old buildings.

The deadbeat government officials of PA thank you for spreading their BS.

We know, unequivocally, that PA’s skyrocketing tuition is due to a 40 year systematic abandonment of higher education. Buildings and alleged administrative bloat are small contributing factors, relative to the reduced appropriation.

How do you think PA’s higher education invest compares to Alabama? Ohio? Michigan?
https://www.mhec.org/sites/default/files/resources/mhec_affordability_series6.pdf

Last edited:
It's like having your drug dealer helping you to manage your addiction.
Think about it? The whole college debt thing is just another way for the government to control the colleges and generations of kids.... the government has the money and you don’t get it unless to dance to our music. Barron is like all the other presidents.

"In its third year, Open Doors, which is designed to keep students on track to their degrees with financial and other types of support, has already contributed $2.8 million to 1,305 student awardees from 2017 to 2019."

Okay that is less than $2.2k per student and with an estimated cost of attending at $33K, This is nothing to brag about.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
TRADE. SCHOOLS.

You know, get an education that you can actually apply to a job that pays money . . . a novel concept.
Trade schools are an important part of the equation.

Also, if you don't know what kind of job you want, spend a year or two at a community college (or working) until you figure it out. Don't take out huge loans to dick around at college for four years. Don't major in something where you won't be happy with the earning potential after graduation, especially if you are taking out loans to attend school.

I really have a hard time buying into the "student loan debt forgiveness" plans. You chose to take out those loans. How is this different than running up credit card debt, taking on a car loan you can't afford or entering into a bad mortgage?

More education is needed (for parents and students) about educational options and career paths, but if you decide to take out loans, that's on you.

1st paragraph:

"Since Penn State’s founding as a land-grant college serving the children of Pennsylvania farmers and laborers, the University has remained committed to providing students of all backgrounds with an accessible and affordable high-quality education."

The latter part of that is utter bullshit.

I suppose if you chose to live at home and attend one of the branch campuses you can save a lot of money and still get a PSU degree. At least it would be significantly cheaper than heading off to Happy Valley for 4 years.

Trade schools are an important part of the equation.

Also, if you don't know what kind of job you want, spend a year or two at a community college (or working) until you figure it out. Don't take out huge loans to dick around at college for four years. Don't major in something where you won't be happy with the earning potential after graduation, especially if you are taking out loans to attend school.

I really have a hard time buying into the "student loan debt forgiveness" plans. You chose to take out those loans. How is this different than running up credit card debt, taking on a car loan you can't afford or entering into a bad mortgage?

More education is needed (for parents and students) about educational options and career paths, but if you decide to take out loans, that's on you.

I think they really need to teach people about money management, budgets, etc at the high school level

New College applicants should also be required to review a summary of expected earnings call debt load so they can make a better decision.

Everyone should get educated, not everyone needs a college education.

TRADE. SCHOOLS.

Not Penn College - tuition is now more expensive (in state) than any other B1G university. Great news for the kid from Muncy who just wants to learn to weld, huh?

Reactions: step.eng69
Unfvckingbelievable! Just when one settles into the belief that Fats couldn't be a bigger asshole, he goes a head and proves you wrong.
Even without the Yinzer part, that Amish guy from Lancaster is looking better all the time. All hail Pres. Yoder!

This is a good time to remind everyone that PSU's administrative cost per student is roughly 4 times that of Illinois'. I'd like to think PSU is 4 times the university that Illinois is, but I don't know for sure that it's any better at all. Go figure.

Reactions: 91Joe95
This is a good time to remind everyone that PSU's administrative cost per student is roughly 4 times that of Illinois'. I'd like to think PSU is 4 times the university that Illinois is, but I don't know for sure that it's any better at all. Go figure.
Source on this? I recall this stat being debunked as a reporting mistake - where all administrative costs for the 20 branch campuses (half of Penn State students) were all assigned to main campus.

The deadbeat government officials of PA thank you for spreading their BS.

We know, unequivocally, that PA’s skyrocketing tuition is due to a 40 year systematic abandonment of higher education. Buildings and alleged administrative bloat are small contributing factors, relative to the reduced appropriation.

How do you think PA’s higher education invest compares to Alabama? Ohio? Michigan?
https://www.mhec.org/sites/default/files/resources/mhec_affordability_series6.pdf

Are Pitt and Temple as comparatively expensive as is PSU? Good data re how little Pa. does for its higher education system. How come the old state teachers colleges, such as West Chester and Bloomsberg, are so much less than PSU — I believe that is correct.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT