ADVERTISEMENT

“Congratulations Amazon” adware virus on iPad? I k

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
i have experienced an adware virus that takes me to a page that says congratulations Amazon. I seem to get this when I’m following links from this site or Facebook, but it could also be from searching with safari myself and I just don’t recall. The most recent incident was with the dialect quiz that the glov posted earlier today. I googled how to fix and it said go to setting, safari, clear history and website data. I did that and went immediately to the dialect survey and again it took me to the congratulations Amazon page.

I believe that viruses are common on PC based computers because there were more of them, not necessarily because Apple technology was immune to them. Is this a virus on my iPad, or just something on the links I’m following? If it’s on my iPad, then what is the procedure for removing it?

If I understand correctly this is a compromise of AdSense, not your device.

Google is not doing a very good job of screening out these ads that redirect you once they load.

Very annoying but as far as I understand not a problem with your device itself.

on Safari on Mac book pro, no issues here (yet) no redirects fwiw

If I understand correctly this is a compromise of AdSense, not your device.

Google is not doing a very good job of screening out these ads that redirect you once they load.

Very annoying but as far as I understand not a problem with your device itself.
Ok, but this is always the same “congratulations Amazon” thing

I’m getting the same thing...I switched to chrome and haven’t had the issue. It’s obviously widespread, so I suspect it will get fixed soon

I don’t really understand the motive here... I get that some people just want to mess things up, and the viruses that hold you hostage are intended to make money, but if the intent is to redirect you to another website, who in their right mind is going to patronize this site (buy something or read content)?

I don’t really understand the motive here... I get that some people just want to mess things up, and the viruses that hold you hostage are intended to make money, but if the intent is to redirect you to another website, who in their right mind is going to patronize this site (buy something or read content)?

Enough to make it profitable.

How many people believe they have a long lost uncle in Nigeria who needs help getting money out of the country? :)

Yes, i kept getting that too. I downloaded an app called AdGuard and now it’s not happening anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT