ADVERTISEMENT

“Competitive Advantage”($EC, ACC, BIG 12)

RTRMR

Oct 14, 2018
Can someone please explain to me how the $EC, BIG 12, and ACC Aren’t gaining a competitive advantage, by playing in the fall?
The NCAAs goal is to make sure no program gains a “competitive advantage”, yet here we are!
None of this seems fair to me!
Either all conferences should play, or none of them should play!
JMO, the programs playing will have a huge competitive advantage, for years to come.
None of this is fair, and that needs to be remedied, ASAP!

Can someone please explain to me how the $EC, BIG 12, and ACC Aren’t gaining a competitive advantage, by playing in the fall?
The NCAAs goal is to make sure no program gains a “competitive advantage”, yet here we are!
JMO, the programs playing will have a huge competitive advantage, for years to come.

I hear ya but I don’t think the ‘completive advantage’ argument holds as much water when the harm claimed is self inflicted.

Or maybe the Big and PAC 12 should play....why is it safe for three conferences but not the other two?

Reactions: RussianEagle

They might gain a competitive advantage, They won't if they have to halt their seasons. Calculated risk.

I hear ya but I don’t think the ‘completive advantage’ argument holds as much water when the harm claimed is self inflicted.

Exactly. If in a normal season the Big Ten and Pac 12 decide not to practice then the other conferences gain a competitive advantage but that doesn't mean the other conferences are cheating but rather that the Big Ten and Pac 12 aren't trying.

They might gain a competitive advantage, They won't if they have to halt their seasons. Calculated risk.
Risk aversion is usually the best policy at that level. If I were President of a major university or an athletic director I would have voted to cancel also. I certainly wouldn’t want any crazy SJW’s trying to run me out of my cushy high paying job if something or anything at all went wrong.

Reactions: step.eng69
Well, they could all die from Covid. They only program that would conceivably get a competitive advantage from that is Pitt.

Risk aversion is usually the best policy at that level. If I were President of a major university or an athletic director I would have voted to cancel also. I certainly wouldn’t want any crazy SJW’s trying to run me out of my cushy high paying job if something or anything at all went wrong.

You are right about their motivations but OTOH the SJWs that loudly object are fewer than they seem. They seem like more because they object so loudly. More people need to (and are) standing up to the mob. That's not to say that playing is necessarily the right decision. I don't know if it is. But the reason the mob has so much power is that people give in too easily.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and Ski

I think this is the case. the other conferences were free to play, but decided not to. that was their decision based on what they wanted to consider. there clearly are separations on how people interpret the "facts" and there is not ONE response from the medical "experts". if these decisions by those who decided to skip the season (i.e. I put the idea of a spring season with santa and the easter bunny), have been made in early July, you would see the transfer portal light up.

if the season plays out and those conferences generally play their games - maybe even create their own playoff of some type (heard that idea on SEC last night), it may impact recruiting. if you are playing, then you will be able to host recruits at your game. if you are not playing, you can recruit players to your empty campus. these schools gave up the competitive advantage on their own - no ncaa authority on this one.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and psu00
You are right about their motivations but OTOH the SJWs that loudly object are fewer than they seem. They seem like more because they object so loudly. More people need to (and are) standing up to the mob. That's not to say that playing is necessarily the right decision. I don't know if it is. But the reason the mob has so much power is that people give in too easily.

I haven’t seen anybody really fighting for the season to be cancelled. Where do you see that? Breitbart?

Well, even if ACC, SEC, and Big12 do not ultimately play, it certainly will not be a disadvantage. They are aligned with all other major sports that ARE playing.

The NCAA is a total joke and is totally useless. As for gaining an advantage, it may seem like that now; but if they go thru with playing and have issues they will be in a world of hurt.

Well, even if ACC, SEC, and Big12 do not ultimately play, it certainly will not be a disadvantage. They are aligned with all other major sports that ARE playing.

at this point, is there any thing or any force that you think would make these conferences cancel the fall FB season?

Big Ten puts itself at constant disadvantages in more ways than this- this just shows you how devoted the B1G is too aiming for being the Pittsburgh Pirates of college football.

Just collect checks, dont actually worry about competing with the SEC on the field.

at this point, is there any thing or any force that you think would make these conferences cancel the fall FB season?
Have no idea. My point was even if they cancel at some point, they will be at no disadvantage to Big10. And if they play a season, they will obtain a significant advantage.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT