ADVERTISEMENT

“Bill Jaffe Leadership Initiative encourages giving to art museum project”

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
See the link below. From the article:

“UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — When Penn State philanthropists Thomas Sharbaugh and Kristin Hayes learned of their friend Bill Jaffe’s leadership gift to the proposed University Art Museum, they were inspired to make their own gift in honor of Jaffe, a longtime supporter of the arts at Penn State. The couple has committed $250,000 to create the Bill Jaffe Leadership Initiative in hopes of encouraging others to make a gift recognizing their friend and fellow philanthropist, whose generosity has touched numerous areas across the University.”

And,

““We were motivated to make our gift not just to recognize Bill, but to motivate others to follow his lead by contributing any amount — whether $10 or $10 million — to this important effort to bring a significant museum to Penn State and central Pennsylvania,” said Sharbaugh.”

https://news.psu.edu/story/599211/2019/11/20/arts-and-entertainment/bill-jaffe-leadership-initiative-encourages-giving

Give early, often, and in large sums.

See the link below. From the article:

“UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — When Penn State philanthropists Thomas Sharbaugh and Kristin Hayes learned of their friend Bill Jaffe’s leadership gift to the proposed University Art Museum, they were inspired to make their own gift in honor of Jaffe, a longtime supporter of the arts at Penn State. The couple has committed $250,000 to create the Bill Jaffe Leadership Initiative in hopes of encouraging others to make a gift recognizing their friend and fellow philanthropist, whose generosity has touched numerous areas across the University.”

And,

““We were motivated to make our gift not just to recognize Bill, but to motivate others to follow his lead by contributing any amount — whether $10 or $10 million — to this important effort to bring a significant museum to Penn State and central Pennsylvania,” said Sharbaugh.”

https://news.psu.edu/story/599211/2019/11/20/arts-and-entertainment/bill-jaffe-leadership-initiative-encourages-giving

Give early, often, and in large sums.
Can you integrate this with the BWI McAndrew Board Matching Gift Program that you're administering?

$250K is a "leading gift?" Not to worry, Fats has got this......from the football program.

$250K is a "leading gift?" Not to worry, Fats has got this......from the football program.

Remember, give early, often, and in large sums. You give $250k with the note, “There’s plenty more where that came from.”

:eek:

I'd rather people give to this boondoggle than Barron stealing from the AD (which his cronies already stole $48 million from)

It was touted at $30MM. It’s now reopened.
That's pathetic. PSU is spending $80 million - at least. On top of that, our prez is an artist who can paint circles around anyone in the IU administration.

Thanks. Glad that barren will more than double that.

:eek:

That $30mm was for renovation of the building designed by I.M. Pei that opened in 1982. Eskenazi is in a different league, even with the additional works that Driscoll is donating to the new PSU museum.

That's pathetic. PSU is spending $80 million - at least. On top of that, our prez is an artist who can paint circles around anyone in the IU administration.

$30 million. Pfft.

barren: Hold my onion dip.

That $30mm was for renovation of the building designed by I.M. Pei that opened in 1982. Eskenazi is in a different league, even with the additional works that Driscoll is donating to the new PSU museum.

barren should have spent $30 million to renovate Palmer, decided it wasn’t good enough, and then proposed the new museum for $72 million.

I’m actually a bit disappointed in barren now.

barren should have spent $30 million to renovate Palmer, decided it wasn’t good enough, and then proposed the new museum for $72 million.

I’m actually a bit disappointed in barren now.

Hey, if Fats can convince enough donors to pony up for the construction cost, more power to him. As it is, looks like the football program will be paying the freight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT