ADVERTISEMENT

“Airing it Out”

Kristijan

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2005
I watched the cowboys last night and they without their starting LT looked lost as a unit. The commentators in that game on numerous occasions mentioned how you can’t have a functional offense with blocking like that.

I feel that our staff has done beyond amazing job to scheme around our obvious deficiencies.

We are scoring almost 40 points per game with no run game really !!!

If you think for one second this staff is not playing the best players that give this team the best chance to win you are beyond stupid.

I wish posters on this board that have never seen a practice in person or a player play in meaningful minutes would quit pretending they know who should be playing.

We are so lucky to have Trace as our QB !

As far as our OL goes and I wonder the same thing myself sometime how could we not have better backups. The reality is currently we unfortunately DO NOT have better options.

We also have one of the worst blocking TE’s in the country !

I for one hate saying this about these kids that work their tails off and bleed blue and white. These kids have more talent and god given athletic ability than I ever had. They are also much more loyal to this team then some on this board and have no quit in them.

What do I know though. Our O Line coach forgot more about football then I will ever know.

I think Mahon was great last year and he is really struggling at times this year.

McGovern was much more impressive at RG last year.

Wright is hurt and playing more out of emergency and because he literally has to. Menet is constantly banged up.

Fries looks promising but he starts at RT and than moves to LT because he has to. Redshirt freshman !

Bates could end next year as first team all BIG10

I think next year Bates at LT and fries at RT is pretty much set in stone unless healthy Wright wins the RT spot again like he did this year. I’m looking forward to seeing what Wright does after the long layoff before the bowl game this year.

Now the guards and center will be the interesting spring battles.

Honestly you can pretty much pencil in McGovern to start “somewhere”

I honestly think you will see something like this next year

Bates Gonzo McGovern Menet Wright.

A lot of people on this board want to see or are expecting something different but these guys won the job for a reason. And if they do once again it does not mean you won’t see a drastic improvements upfront.

I would like to see the fallowing because the young guys stepped up and WON the job and this would say a lot about their future

Bates Menet Miranda McGovern Fries

Also last game Menet was 2nd Line center in warmups so is the staff “telling” us something

Anyway this team still has a lot to play for potentially and we very well might end up playing ND on New Year’s Day and can you imagine the magnitude of that game for this program and the future.

Or Vs the SEC championship looser or the ACC championship looser

Either way the stupidity that is running rampant around this board is so ridiculous ! I know some got put in timeout recently but it needs to be more.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News