ADVERTISEMENT

good stuff, Ned. Sorry that I missed the game. I got a text from a person that follows WLAX closely, and is a big PSU fan. This individual said it was a great game. They also indicated that one of the reasons PSU lost was that they had 18 turnovers. It's tough to beat the #1 team in the country if you're turning the ball over that much.

Tom, the stats on the game look pretty indicative of the outcome. The stats that jump out at me are Megan Taylors low save %, Rainone’s crazy save % (she had a great game), MD’s shots 42 and the number of yellows 8.

Having said that regarding the yellows, both teams are pretty adept in the drama department. I think it was Smucker who used the thumb under her goggles to pull them off as she was trying to draw the charge. FWIW, Whittle is a major drama queen too.

Last thought, it is becoming increasingly clear to me that the game is damn near “un-refable”. There are way too many stoppages, way too many judgment calls and way, way too much variation between refs.

I wouldn’t be surprised if teams start doing analytics on refs before games in order to determine how the game will be called.

so you are saying there was a lot of bubble trouble in the game last night?? LOL that's what we called it!! 'What was that call?' 'Bubble Trouble!'

All legal checks must be directed away from a seven-inch sphere or ""bubble"" around the head of the player. No player is allowed to touch the ball with her hands except the goalkeeper when she is within the goal circle. A change of possession may occur if a player gains a distinct advantage by playing the ball off her body.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT