ADVERTISEMENT

Zain's Elite Wins

Angry_Fish

Jul 16, 2017
Zain is an absolute hammer when competing against over matched wrestlers.

But when facing other elite wrestlers, other than the one win over Stieber in a regular season folkstyle bout and a win over Molinaro in the Finals X, who has he beaten (or even wrestled)?

He is:

0-3 against JO
0-? against Pico
1-? against Stieber (all folkstyle)
1-0 against Molinaro

No bouts against any International elites that I can recall.

Am I missing anyone?

Just more of a comment on how good that weight is...

He did beat Steiber and Molinaro - one was a world champ and the other finished what, top 5? So because he has losses to a handful of USA elite, he can’t beat the great guys?

David Taylor lost to Dake, Burroughs, and Cox but he’s now a world champ!

US is loaded right now, dumb comment to say Zain can’t beat elite guys when you even state that he has wins over a world champ and a guy who finished in the top 5 at the Olympics...

Just more of a comment on how good that weight is...

He did beat Steiber and Molinaro - one was a world champ and the other finished what, top 5? So because he has losses to a handful of USA elite, he can’t beat the great guys?

David Taylor lost to Dake, Burroughs, and Cox but he’s now a world champ!

US is loaded right now, dumb comment to say Zain can’t beat elite guys when you even state that he has wins over a world champ and a guy who finished in the top 5 at the Olympics...

1. I didn’t say he couldn’t, I said he hasn’t.

2. What world champ has he beat in Freestyle?

3. Sorensen is far from elite.

4. What does Taylor have to do with any of this?

Last edited:

But when facing other elite wrestlers, other than the one win over Stieber in a regular season folkstyle bout and a win over Molinaro in the Finals X, who has he beaten (or even wrestled)?

He is:

0-3 against JO
0-? against Pico
1-0 against Molinaro

Am I missing anyone?

What has Jordan Oliver accomplished on the World Stage besides being a doper? JO is much older than Zain as well, I’ll hang up and listen , BWAHAHA

What has Jordan Oliver accomplished on the World Stage besides being a doper? JO is much older than Zain as well, I’ll hang up and listen , BWAHAHA

I guess you got me....

Except for..

1. Being undefeated (I lost track of how man wins, but I think 4 or 5) against World Champion Logan Stieber in Freestyle.

2. Multiples wins over World Team members Zain (undefeated against him) and Metcalf.

3. Win over Olympic champ Asgorov

4. Recently took Silver at the Dan Kolov International Raking Event

5. Multiple Gold medals at The Farrell and Schultz International tournaments

6. Win over world Champion Magomed Kurbanaliev.

7. Bronze at the Dogu

Those are just off the top of my head....suspect there are more...

And what was it you were saying about Zain's wins over elite wrestlers again? Some guy named Sorenson? Bwhahaha.....

Last edited:
I guess you got me....

Except for..

1. Being undefeated (I lost track of how man wins, but I think 4 or 5) against World Champion Logan Stieber in Freestyle.

2. Multiples wins over World Team members Zain (undefeated against him) and Metcalf.

7. Bronze at the Dogu

And what was it you were saying about Zain's wins over elite wrestlers again? Some guy named Sorenson? Bwhahaha.....

JO has underachieved on the World Stage and in the end will be known as a Cheat , you gave me single match victories and less important events, where’s all the Olympic and World hardware for Jose Canseco?

I guess you got me....

Except for..

7. Bronze at the Dogu

The DT comparisons are valid because a lot of people like you made the same jokes a year ago and now David is a top 3 p4p wrestler in the world. But good for you, get in the jabs while you can on zain :)

The international resume of Zain will be much more clear 5 years from now. He is one of the very best folkstyle wrestlers I have ever watched and I believe he will find success internationally the next several years. Only a fool would attempt to paint Zain as an underachiever at this point in his career. It would be very interesting to read this same guy's takes on David Taylor a few years ago.

Reactions: Tjsch1 and amalone
...and in the end will be known as a Cheat ..

I assume you are aware that JO's suspension was for un-filed paperwork? Other wrestlers were allowed to compete taking that same drug after supplying the appropriate Dr's prescription/justification.

Likewise, JO himself, is now currently allowed to compete with that drug in his system bc he has now filed the appropriate p-work.

And you do know the drug is not a steroid or a performance enhancer. It is banned bc taken in sufficient quantity it could aid in weight loss? And in JO's case there was only a trace in his system.

This is why his suspension was cut in half after all the facts where in....

Zain is a stud against crappy guys. He as a grand total of 2 wins over elite wrestlers since enrolling at PSU (college and Freestyle).

I would say he is overrated, but not sure of any objective person who rates him high in the first place.

Reactions: tewlepz
Way to bring the heat to this board, you fan of Jordan Oliver, you. We had it coming. :rolleyes:

I assume you are aware that JO's suspension was for un-filed paperwork? Other wrestlers were allowed to compete taking that same drug after supplying the appropriate Dr's prescription/justification.

Likewise, JO himself, is now currently allowed to compete with that drug in his system bc he has now filed the appropriate p-work.

And you do know the drug is not a steroid or a performance enhancer. It is banned bc taken in sufficient quantity it could aid in weight loss? And in JO's case there was only a trace in his system.

Zain is a stud against crappy guys. He as a grand total of 2 wins over elite wrestlers since enrolling at PSU (college and Freestyle).

I would say he is overrated, but not sure of any objective person who rates him high in the first place.

Thanks for posting on our board again, Mrs. Oliver!

I guess you got me....

Except for..

7. Bronze at the Dogu

And a doper

He is:

0-3 against JO
0-? against Pico
1-0 against Molinaro

Am I missing anyone?
0-3 against JO which included a 'proper throw'.... joke of the day!

A guy who is about 10 matches into his post-collegiate senior- level career hasn’t wrestled a lot of elite senior level talent. Shocking! And definitely worth its own thread.

FWIW, James Green was already world medalist when Zain beat him at the 2016 Olympic Trials.

Reactions: danoftw

The best trolls drop what they're going to drop, then disappear for a while. Instead, you come back and get trolled right back and get defensive. Weak.

Jordan, stick to twitter........

Uh

He is:

0-3 against JO
0-? against Pico
1-0 against Molinaro

Am I missing anyone?
you actually played yourself when you say he hasn’t beaten any elite wrestlers “other than this one or this one” but he hasn’t beaten any. You haven’t beaten any elite wrestlers...schmuck.

It's time to give him the food treatment from heretofore forward.

I make some great babyback ribs. Pull off the membrane, cook wrapped in foil for 1 1/2 (chew off the bone) or 2 1/2 hours (fall off the bone) @ 225 degrees, with dry rub or in BBQ sauce depending upon the mood.

Then place on the grill medium heat for 20 min per side, add the BBQ sauce during the final 5 min. You guarnteed. I do like sweet baby Ray's sauce if I don't want to make my own

@Tom McAndrew
I'm curious why my "cool story bro" gif got deleted.
tenor.gif

@Tom McAndrew
I'm curious why my "cool story bro" gif got deleted.

I don't think the removal had anything to do with the GIF. Most of the time when I remove a post, I also try to remove any replies to it (and if there are any, replies to the replies). At times, good posts, or good GIFs, become collateral damager, so to speak, when doing that type of clean-up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT