ADVERTISEMENT

Zain Retherford vs Syrbaz Talgat(KAZ) - Final - Zouhaier Sghaier 2022

Impressive match from Zain, super crisp on his feet.

I was going to say, this is the, to borrow another Shane Sparks awful nickname, ”zainiac” version of Zain. He’s applying his pace to much more efficient and quick attacks. He’s doing his same stuff but with even less wasted movement. Which is saying something. Looking forward to his Worlds!

Reactions: creamery freak
Zain is crushing with that bow and arrow lately, but he will definitely need to mix it up and work for guts/laces and transition to the bow & arrow if it is there. He starts having success with it against world medalists, he will be scouted quickly and it'll get taken away. Obviously a tourney like this is a good place to work on it, but he can't go to it every time because folks will start to figure it out.

Very minor nitpick obviously - Zain, Cael and crew know what they are doing...

Last edited:
I couldn't hear the music over the deafening crowd. It's a shame they couldn't hold a major International freestyle event in State College. I think it would be well attended.
I'm sure Tunisia doesn't have all that many wrestling fans. They could have an event here. IC had the World Cup not long ago. . . The world cup is pretty fan-friendly too. These tourneys might not be the easiest to pack folks in though. I think UWW would think twice about holding any of their ranking series in the Americas though--they'd rather the US foot the bill for travel than the rest of the world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT