ADVERTISEMENT

Zain Retherford Highlights

Annieat285

Jan 9, 2016
Lots of stuff to say with this one!
I hope you all enjoy this highlight video of Zain Retherford. The feedback on the Jason Nolf one was terrific and I really appreciate all your appreciation. When I made my account on BWI with the intention of uploading matches and other videos it was simply because I wanted to provide wrestling content for a great community that I have followed for quite some time.
A couple notes: The musical score for all these videos will always be something EDMish. That's just because I feel like the energy and the pace go well with the montage. If you don't like the audio feel free to mute the video and play something of your own. If you do like the music, please pump up the volume.
As far as uploading videos in the near future...My goal is to re-upload the Purdue match, re-record the Indiana match with sound and re-upload it and upload the Michigan match all by next week. I'll be at the Ohio State match at the BJC (it's going to be crazy and I can't wait), before traveling to Ithaca to watch OSU vs Cornell on Sunday, but I'll try and have the tOSU match up by Monday.
Again, I really support the positive feedback from the members of the forum. Hope you guys enjoy.
https://youtu.be/Vr0aZBJDwyk

You're absolutely wonderful for putting these videos together Annie!!! Love them!!! And a day after the match. You're time and effort to put them together is extremely impressive.

Reactions: JBott
Retherford has become so fun to watch. He is relentless and an absolute monster from all positions.

Another awesome video! As for the music, Im down with it especially for these guys (nolf, zain) as their action meets the pace of the montage. Plus the cut in from the interviews was great!!!!

What your doing I wish the marketing people would do more of. The interviews are great but these type of things are shared all over the interweb and rewatched countless times. Somewhere there is a 7 yo youth wrestler watching this and going I want to do that and its the little things that help grow PSU and wrestling.

Kudos!!

Reactions: CholleyVandine
I also think that the music is very appropriate for these videos because the way you edit the action matches the pace of the music.

Absolutely great production.

Once again, thank you!!!!!

Great job, Annie. I love how Zain can take a bad situation -- like briefly existed in the Blanton match -- and turn it into something positive so quickly.

Should probably include a TV-MA [Violence] warning. May be unsuitable for children under 17.

Reactions: burnsie1983
Awesome job!! Really enjoyed it. By the way..what is the first song being played in the video?

Last edited:
Awesome job!! Really enjoyed it. By the way..what is the first song being played in the video?

Here you go!
I wanted to use this song for more of the video, but I thought the notoriously senior citizen Penn State crowd would be offended by the mature language.

you realize Annie, that after Friday's nights match with OSU, we will expect you to append the match highlights to your already awesome highlights reel? So on and so forth through their respective NCAA championship bouts? Thank you for sharing these. I appreciate the fine artisan-ship in your work.

Lots of stuff to say with this one!
I hope you all enjoy this highlight video of Zain Retherford. The feedback on the Jason Nolf one was terrific and I really appreciate all your appreciation. When I made my account on BWI with the intention of uploading matches and other videos it was simply because I wanted to provide wrestling content for a great community that I have followed for quite some time.
A couple notes: The musical score for all these videos will always be something EDMish. That's just because I feel like the energy and the pace go well with the montage. If you don't like the audio feel free to mute the video and play something of your own. If you do like the music, please pump up the volume.
As far as uploading videos in the near future...My goal is to re-upload the Purdue match, re-record the Indiana match with sound and re-upload it and upload the Michigan match all by next week. I'll be at the Ohio State match at the BJC (it's going to be crazy and I can't wait), before traveling to Ithaca to watch OSU vs Cornell on Sunday, but I'll try and have the tOSU match up by Monday.
Again, I really support the positive feedback from the members of the forum. Hope you guys enjoy.

I just love the third take down against Sueflohn (at about the 3:40 mark)

Great video. Zain reminds me so much of Metcalf- he is like a wind up toy. He just comes and comes until you are sick of fighting back. Nolf actually reminds me of a guy just a bit older. This bald guy that used wear the Cardinal and Gold and found himself on a cereal box. Poetry in motion. You lucks pricks had DT and Ed to watch and now have these 2 plus Bo who might be the most fun of all. I don't want to like these guys, but damnnnnn can they wrestle!

Great video. Zain reminds me so much of Metcalf- he is like a wind up toy. He just comes and comes until you are sick of fighting back. Nolf actually reminds me of a guy just a bit older. This bald guy that used wear the Cardinal and Gold and found himself on a cereal box. Poetry in motion. You lucks pricks had DT and Ed to watch and now have these 2 plus Bo who might be the most fun of all. I don't want to like these guys, but damnnnnn can they wrestle!
+1,000,000 LIKES. Where have you BEEN? I LOVE your brutal honesty and your delivery. HOLY SHITE!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT