ADVERTISEMENT

Zain and other WT members set to kick butt in spain

Thanks dunk. Just read it quickly...didn't see mention of any streaming. Post here if there will be.

Climbing higher into my 60's this weekend, and not sure what Mrs. Roar has planned, so may be for naught anyway...

Thanks dunk. Just read it quickly...didn't see mention of any streaming. Post here if there will be.

Climbing higher into my 60's this weekend, and not sure what Mrs. Roar has planned, so may be for naught anyway...

Happy Birthday, Roar. Perhaps Mrs. Roar will give some latitude on following some wrestling over the weekend. ;)

Reactions: RoarLions1
Happy Birthday Roar and many more!
I find it intriguing that the Nebraska program has produced two world team members. It implies ( in the parlance of our day) that there is a "there" there. What is the X factor?
Also I can't help but being excited about Zain and feeling like he will ultimately dominate the world competition the way he has dominated the college scene. The Japanese wrestler he faced at BTS was a for real opponent and Zain's pace shocked him. There is going to be s lot of shocking going on in the near future.

Happy Birthday Roar and many more!
I find it intriguing that the Nebraska program has produced two world team members. It implies ( in the parlance of our day) that there is a "there" there. What is the X factor?
Also I can't help but being excited about Zain and feeling like he will ultimately dominate the world competition the way he has dominated the college scene. The Japanese wrestler he faced at BTS was a for real opponent and Zain's pace shocked him. There is going to be s lot of shocking going on in the near future.
Bryan Snyder is the X factor, in my opinion.

I noticed that J'den Cox was not listed at 86 kg and I was wondering if it was because of the knee injury that occurred against David Taylor. Just speculation on my part but if that is the case then why didn't David Taylor fill in at 86 kg?

DT had hirenia surgery a few weeks back.....see the twitter thread.

Glad we dominated, but it was a very disappointing field. Not sure why we keep going to that event. There are other tournaments with deeper fields. I'm sure it is date and cost driven, but unless other top guys start competing in that one, I think USAW ought to consider going elsewhere.

Glad we dominated, but it was a very disappointing field. Not sure why we keep going to that event. There are other tournaments with deeper fields. I'm sure it is date and cost driven, but unless other top guys start competing in that one, I think USAW ought to consider going elsewhere.

I have to agree. Most US fans, like myself, don't follow freestyle closely enough to know who is who. In this case I was curious since we did so well so I checked and outside of the US wrestlers not a single medalist in this event was ranked in the top 20 in the world at their weight class. Still great results for us but doesn't say anything about our chances at medals at Worlds.

Reactions: RoarLions1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT