ADVERTISEMENT

Youth Wrestling

ChinWhip

Dec 19, 2019
Hi all. First time poster long time follower. You guys are great. Love reading this forum everyday. Just a question about youth wrestling this year. I have an 8 yo whom we have taken to many tournaments and dual meets in the last 2 years. This year is obviously different. How do you guys feel about out youth wrestlers wrestling this year? We have been practicing (training) on the side. However, our youth program is planning on practicing in early December. With this comes many more kids and many more opportunities to spread the Rona.

We have yet to enter into any tournaments this year, but I was just wondering if any of you have been to anything recently and how they are treating or mitigating events?

Regards

My wrestler is in HS. A few weeks ago we were going to enter a tournament to be held this weekend. We ended up deciding it was not worth it. The way cases are rising right now it just is not worth it to us. Not everyone agrees and we still plan on wrestling the scholastic season but wrestling is not the most important thing at this time.

PIAA practices are to start tomorrow. It appears that many Leagues around the state are going to push that back, as well as limit competitions. If you look on the PA Youth Wrestling site there are 15 tournaments listed from now until the end of January and zero in Feb. and March. Normally there would be 10x that at this point. Many HS are not allowing the youth teams in their rooms. ChinWhip - I am in the same boat as I have a 7 yr old. We need to be glad our kids are 7 & 8, not 17 & 18. I feel for the HS kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT