ADVERTISEMENT

Word is Casey Thompson. Nebraska QB is probably entering portal.

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
Casey was starter last year @ Nebraska after transferring from Texas. New HC Rhule brought in transfer QB Sims from Georgia Tech to compete as starter. Thompson was still recovering from surgery so wasn't able to fully compete this Spring and it seems Rhule is leaning toward Sims as starter. Two other Nebraska QBs have already entered the portal this week and now possibly Thompson. Tough QB situation for a new HC. Thompson will be a grad transfer, thus immediately eligible to play.

Casey was starter last year @ Nebraska after transferring from Texas. New HC Rhule brought in transfer QB Sims from Georgia Tech to compete as starter. Thompson was still recovering from surgery so wasn't able to fully compete this Spring and it seems Rhule is leaning toward Sims as starter. Two other Nebraska QBs have already entered the portal this week and now possibly Thompson. Tough QB situation for a new HC. Thompson will be a grad transfer, thus immediately eligible to play.

Aren't all players immediately eligible to play now?

Why do you guys debate rules? There are no rules. Any present rule is effective until someone doesn’t like it and threatens to sue. Then we get a new rule until someone doesn’t like that one. The only rule is do whatever you want, and if anyone objects call your Lawyer.

It's once but they can always get a waiver. I doubt the NCAA is going to deny any request

Impossible to build depth anymore. This is madness. This is just a symptom of the damaged American psyche. Obviously any college qb is talented and was elite in high school. But not everyone is good enough to be the #1 starter in college. And even fewer are elite in college, and even fewer among the elite in college make it to the nfl. Of those that play in the nfl, again there is only one starter and of all the starters only a handful are elite. This math has not changed or can change except in the warped minds of the me, me, me generation.

Why do you guys debate rules? There are no rules. Any present rule is effective until someone doesn’t like it and threatens to sue. Then we get a new rule until someone doesn’t like that one. The only rule is do whatever you want, and if anyone objects call your Lawyer.
Seems that way, doesn't it.

Inverse Money 💰 Ball!

Reactions: Thomas1945
Impossible to build depth anymore. This is madness. This is just a symptom of the damaged American psyche. Obviously any college qb is talented and was elite in high school. But not everyone is good enough to be the #1 starter in college. And even fewer are elite in college, and even fewer among the elite in college make it to the nfl. Of those that play in the nfl, again there is only one starter and of all the starters only a handful are elite. This math has not changed or can change except in the warped minds of the me, me, me generation.
Really the only thing that changed was they can leave without sitting out. Why should a kid stay and sit if he could start elsewhere? Would you leave your job for a better opportunity elsewhere?

Really the only thing that changed was they can leave without sitting out. Why should a kid stay and sit if he could start elsewhere? Would you leave your job for a better opportunity elsewhere?
They all think they can start somewhere else, but the reality is that they cannot for the most part. For every Levis and Fields, there are many, many more who flame out elsewhere.

They all think they can start somewhere else, but the reality is that they cannot for the most part. For every Levis and Fields, there are many, many more who flame out elsewhere.
Casey didn't flame out. He started for Nebraska last year. He was recovering from surgery this Soring which allowed Sims to overtake him, so he decided to move on. Good move? Not sure. I guess he believes he can start somewhere else.

But they want the opportunity which they aren't getting at their current program.
A lot of them make the mistake of trying to go to a major program instead of G5 to play but it's still worth the chance to possibly play as opposed to sit and need an injury to see the field.
I just don't understand why people think kids need to sit instead of trying to go to a better opportunity. What difference does it make if he sits at Nebraska or goes elsewhere and sits? He's still sitting but at least had a shot.

Reactions: RickinDayton
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT