ADVERTISEMENT

Will Levis plays great in first NFL start.

This is the way the transfer portal is supposed to work. It's not just about making college teams stronger through free agency. It's about fully realizing the purpose of college itself, which is to enable students to reach their full potential. With Levis, that happened. Some of us expected that it would happen.

How long does awful Green Bay start Love? Does Sean get a shot this year?
Would be tough for them not to give Love a year after taking him in the first.

I feel like playing Sean now wouldn't be great for him...although Levis surprised me with his lack of preseason snaps so who knows.

Deadline will be interesting with Cousins injured and a ton of teams still in contention. I could see GB adding Davis Mills or someone like that before going with Sean.

4TDs and passer rating of 130 - yeah, that's pretty good. He might lay an egg next week but he delivered the goods this week for sure.

He comes into a huge game vs OSU in 2019 in Columbus and........is used like a fullback.
true, but when he finally threw a pass in that game it was horrible. i don't think anybody watched that game and thought this guy would ever be in the nfl

How long does awful Green Bay start Love? Does Sean get a shot this year?
would not be surprised, Love has looked terrible for a guy who has been in the system for a few years, totally lost..no sense in bringing in another guy, they gotta know that there is no path to the playoffs..give Love a few more starts, but i see GB looking at a high first round pick and looking to take a qb in a deep qb draft..

Reactions: bytir and hlstone
would not be surprised, Love has looked terrible for a guy who has been in the system for a few years, totally lost..no sense in bringing in another guy, they gotta know that there is no path to the playoffs..give Love a few more starts, but i see GB looking at a high first round pick and looking to take a qb in a deep qb draft..
With Cousins hurt there's absolutely a path to the playoffs

Levis played better in his initial game than Kenny Pickett has played in any of his starts. Will Levis is obviously a much better QB than Kenny Pickett.

It's the Lions standing in the way more than the Vikes.

Way too early for Wild Cards, but 4 teams ahead of them in that regard as well.
By a game though. Lions Cowboys Eagles Niners and Seahawks are likely playoff bound. Packers have as good as a shot as anyone else unless the Vikings find a QB.

Reactions: lazydave841
He was a great passer in his first blue/white game. Quick decision, quick release.
Yes, and when he got we used him as a fullback , never allowing him to pass. Incredibly stupid. Backups need game reps to be ready.

He was never developed here which is why he left. Plus he was never going to be a RPO type QB. Second smartest move he ever made.

Last edited:
Reactions: winner01 and jjw165
Next two weeks could really interesting. Levis will start at Pittsburgh on Thursday night. Ten days later Greenbay visits the ‘burgh. Would be amazing to see two former PSU QBs play the Steelers back to back.

Levis played better in his initial game than Kenny Pickett has played in any of his starts. Will Levis is obviously a much better QB than Kenny Pickett.
Quite possibly. Levis probably has Top 10 pick ability, but for whatever reason after the first few picks teams picked other positions in that draft. Had Richardson not tested off the charts at the combine maybe he goes in the Top 5. The Titans got a good deal there. I feel like Pickett was a 3rd-rounder if Pittsburgh doesn't take him. Not the worst, but not really a franchise QB. The Steelers were so worried about not letting the next Dan Marino slip through their hands that they reached for him. I hope that he will improve like he did in college and become worthy of the first-round label, but right now that doesn't look likely.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Quite possibly. Levis probably has Top 10 pick ability, but for whatever reason after the first few picks teams picked other positions in that draft. Had Richardson not tested off the charts at the combine maybe he goes in the Top 5. The Titans got a good deal there. I feel like Pickett was a 3rd-rounder if Pittsburgh doesn't take him. Not the worst, but not really a franchise QB. The Steelers were so worried about not letting the next Dan Marino slip through their hands that they reached for him. I hope that he will improve like he did in college and become worthy of the first-round label, but right now that doesn't look likely.
Agree. I feel like drafting a QB is a crap shoot. The best young QB in the league has been the kid in San Francisco but he also has a GREAT offense around him and a great offensive coach. I think the pro and college games are so different that pro talent evaluators just look for skill sets. The kid is 6-4 and 240 with a rocket arm and quick release. He's built like a brick shithouse. Sean Clifford is a very heady and great game manager. But QBs today, for the most part, are game changers and not just game managers. I am thinking of guys like Hurts, Tua, Mahomes, Allen, Jackson...these are all great athletes. Yep, you still get the occasional Brady and Purdy but there is no way to know if their skill set translates until they are in the system and by then you've already invested.

The word on draft day was he got arrogant. Was always strutting around in sleeveless shirts and as acting cocky.

Missing the first round likely humbled him which is good. And lit a fits to prove people wrong.

nfc north is trash, the winner of the division is the only team making the playoffs...bears, vikes and pack will be lucky to scratch out 6-7 wins

The word on draft day was he got arrogant. Was always strutting around in sleeveless shirts and as acting cocky.

Missing the first round likely humbled him which is good. And lit a fits to prove people wrong.
i kind of have a hard time believing any teams passed on him based on wearing a sleeveless shirt

By a game though. Lions Cowboys Eagles Niners and Seahawks are likely playoff bound. Packers have as good as a shot as anyone else unless the Vikings find a QB.
The Packers? LOL You are quite the comedian!!!!

Elite arm talent doesn't even do that justice. There's maybe 5 NFL QBs that can make that throw with that kind of accuracy. Just ridiculous. Titans looks like they got a steal. Mariota also threw 4 TDs in his first start so trying not to go overboard but very, very, very impressive
RGIII looked great like that for half a season too. it's impressive when it keeps happening game after game, season after season. wait and see

The Packers? LOL You are quite the comedian!!!!
It's not praising the Packers.
Vikings likely are done. They're probably going to sell at the deadline. Commanders lost who are also looking at selling so...
Playoff teams--Philadelphia, Dallas, Detroit, Seattle and San Francisco plus whatever team wins the NFC South at 8-9.
Then you have
Minnesota 4-4 selling
Washington 3-5 selling
LA Rams 3-5
Green Bay 2-5

So one of them get in unless you believe that somehow the South gets 2 which is possible since they all suck and can beat each other to maybe get to 8. Packers schedule, especially the last 5, plays to their favor. Rams/Steelers the next two week could be wins as well especially with Stafford and Pickett banged up. Although Steelers might be better without Pickett.

RGIII looked great like that for half a season too. it's impressive when it keeps happening game after game, season after season. wait and see
Agreed--RGIII just couldn't stay/get healthy after his rookie year. Cousins also played phenomenally well.

NFL is a film league. Curious how Levis does the next month. Honestly, he landed in a very safe spot for his style (and to lump this in with us today, this is the type of offense Allar needs in many ways). The only issues is they traded away AJ Brown, Henry probably doesn't have much left in the tank, and Vrabel is skating on ice with a torch burning behind him unless he gets them in the playoffs.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
NFL is a film league. Curious how Levis does the next month. Honestly, he landed in a very safe spot for his style (and to lump this in with us today, this is the type of offense Allar needs in many ways). The only issues is they traded away AJ Brown, Henry probably doesn't have much left in the tank, and Vrabel is skating on ice with a torch burning behind him unless he gets them in the playoffs.
Pretty much everyone in the AFC other than the Pats have a realistic shot at the last two spots. Miami, Buffalo, Baltimore, Kansas City and Jacksonville seem like locks. Cincinnati may have figured things out. Then it gets messy. Cleveland doesn't have a QB, Jets don't have a QB, Pittsburgh doesn't have an offense, Houston was supposed to be the worst team, LAC has a horrible HC, Denver and the Raiders would shock me. Wouldn't be shocked if the final spot is Tennessee or Indy.

Also, not related, but the best part of the Levis debut was the uniform he wore. Just bring those back permanently please. lol

• Haha
Reactions: lazydave841
Pretty much everyone in the AFC other than the Pats have a realistic shot at the last two spots. Miami, Buffalo, Baltimore, Kansas City and Jacksonville seem like locks. Cincinnati may have figured things out. Then it gets messy. Cleveland doesn't have a QB, Jets don't have a QB, Pittsburgh doesn't have an offense, Houston was supposed to be the worst team, LAC has a horrible HC, Denver and the Raiders would shock me. Wouldn't be shocked if the final spot is Tennessee or Indy.

Also, not related, but the best part of the Levis debut was the uniform he wore. Just bring those back permanently please. lol

Oilers unis looked great lol thought I might see Warren Moon out there. Nostalgia baby.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT