Votes: 30 14.9%
  • Manning

Votes: 95 47.0%
  • Ryan

Votes: 93 46.0%
  • I missed one

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
There is another whole thread about he who will not be named!!

Manning's early lead can be attributed to recency bias, he has nothing on Ryan.
However, I think we have some B1G bias built into this, too. Let’s not forget Zeke Jones. His matside whining makes me want to change the channel like no other.

EDIT: And of course, I have “not paying attention bias”. Just now looked at the thread title a little more carefully, lol. Ryan it is.

Last edited:
These are clown comments by Tom Ryan. He should have more class than that. I guarantee if his team set the record next year, he'd be deleting this post.
I agree with what he is saying. These teams that bring home a trophy because they went out and bought a team are not the same as the teams when you had to basically recruit your whole team. You had to evaluate talent and then get them to come to your school and then develop them. Now, teams - like Michigan last year, just go out and buy kids that prove themself a year earlier.

That isn't nearly as tough to do or a reflection on the ability of a guy to coach or build a team. Say what you want but between the portal and NIL, the scores these days are inflated for a lot of teams.

Schools like Cornell, Virginia Tech, Arizona State, NC State (the only teams that I can think of that did not have any portal guys scoring points for them). represent the good teams of pre NIL days.

The funny thing is that I like Tom Ryan because I think he, actually, is a very good guy.

I think, like many of us, emotion sometimes gets the better of him, and he needs to refrain from hitting “send.”

It has to be frustrating for these coaches to see what PSU and the NLWC is doing and wondering what they could do to catch that runaway train.

The funny thing is that I like Tom Ryan because I think he, actually, is a very good guy.

I think, like many of us, emotion sometimes gets the better of him, and he needs to refrain from hitting “send.”

It has to be frustrating for these coaches to see what PSU and the NLWC is doing and wondering what they could do to catch that runaway train.
Maybe raise enough money so the centerpiece of your RtC is not a 3rd stringer like Kollin Moore

A Christmas Story Crying GIF by GIF Greeting Cards

An Ohio State coach complaining about other schools paying NIL money is some next level stuff.

By the numbers: 225 Ohio State athletes had inked 619 deals adding up to $2.99 million as of Jan. 23 — the highest NIL compensation of any U.S. school, according to an athletics department report to the Board of Trustees.”

NIL is how he secured the 'best recruiting class' in history. Ryan is an insecure little, little man.

I agree with what he is saying. These teams that bring home a trophy because they went out and bought a team are not the same as the teams when you had to basically recruit your whole team. You had to evaluate talent and then get them to come to your school and then develop them. Now, teams - like Michigan last year, just go out and buy kids that prove themself a year earlier.

That isn't nearly as tough to do or a reflection on the ability of a guy to coach or build a team. Say what you want but between the portal and NIL, the scores these days are inflated for a lot of teams.

Schools like Cornell, Virginia Tech, Arizona State, NC State (the only teams that I can think of that did not have any portal guys scoring points for them). represent the good teams of pre NIL days.
There’s a paradox embedded into his complaining (and your post): if it’s easy to podium by buying kids, and (by taking less time in evaluation) more efficient, then it’s not Michigan’s problem that other schools take a more difficult way. For what? To say “I win with my kids”?

By the way, Va Tech wrestling put out a post on social media touting that none of their points were from transfers this year at nationals. All home grown. But they’re taking the 174 from Columbia next year and took several in the past. Was this just a 1 year Sabbatical of Nobility?

Imagine being Tom Ryan and having one of the 10 best college wrestling teams of all time, in 2018. Not just the best runner up but truly one of the greatest teams ever, in 2018....and you lose the dual meet to Penn State and then lose the national championship Even though you score over 135 points. Talk about a bitter guy.

These are clown comments by Tom Ryan. He should have more class than that. I guarantee if his team set the record next year, he'd be deleting this post.
Agree, and if only Tom would have spent a little more energy coaching MyMar to stay off his back against Bo. Instead he's spending time on putting silly robes on his wrestlers!

Imagine being Tom Ryan and having one of the 10 best college wrestling teams of all time, in 2018. Not just the best runner up but truly one of the greatest teams ever, in 2018....and you lose the dual meet to Penn State and then lose the national championship Even though you score over 135 points. Talk about a bitter guy.
And he lost it after poaching McKenna and Campbell to even put his team in the hunt.

Dude won 1 NC with a nucleus of NATO, 2 Jordans, and Snyder.

TR needs to spend more time training his kids and recruiting, rather than posting on Twitter.

Columbus is full of $$$$$$$, who is he trying to fool. Feldman is signed by rudis. He is lucky Cael didn’t go after him too

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT