ADVERTISEMENT

What's the word on Marte?

Oblique. Marte himself said he won't be going on DL even though it's not his choice.

Geeze, this Board is really something these days. Now we get posts in French.:)

I wasn't sure I spelled it correctly. It's been a long time since I used that.

Is there any prognosis as to how long Starling will be out?

You did, and now you use the term "prognosis". Keep it up and you'll scare of all those Rutgers & Pitt guys. As to Marte, I haven't heard.

Reactions: Blueblood4eva

I haven't seen or heard of anything but I think if you're out for X amount of time you're forced onto the DL but only retroactive to when you started sitting out. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Marte could become a 30-30 guy, he has that much ability. As for his base running, well that's a different story altogether.

I haven't seen or heard of anything but I think if you're out for X amount of time you're forced onto the DL but only retroactive to when you started sitting out. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
There is no rule that ever FORCES one to go on the DL.

Once placed on the DL, you are correct that the date gets back dated to the last game played.......which is one of the reasons you sometimes see a guy who is out for a week or so, and the team realizes he will need at least a few more days, placed on the DL.....since it can be back dated and the player doesn't have to wait an additional 15 days to be reactivated. That is not ideal, because it means that the team played a man down for a week.....but it sometimes happens with injuries that are hard to get a good prognosis on.

Hopefully - this time - it is just a couple days, and Marte can be back for the Cards series.....and certainly no later than the start of the second half. Each game he and Harrison are both out really puts a hitch in the Buccos offense.

BTW - some positive news on the "injury front":

After losing FIVE starting rotation depth options (Taillon, Cumpton, Kingham, Sadler, to injury, and Clayton Richard to his opt-out)....there is a pleasant surprise down in Indy.
With all the injuries, Radhames Liz was moved into the starting rotation. In three starts (as he works back to a starter pitch count): 15 innings, 1 run, 7 hits, 3 walks, 21 strikeouts.
He and Sanchez could be important depth options in the second half.

Last edited:
oh no, he's on my fantasy team and I just lost Springer....

Is his name on the back of his jersey??

;-)

large-smiley-030.gif

Reactions: TheGLOV
Radhames Liz is still alive?!?!?

Glad to see hes bounced back from that 67.50 ERA in 2009

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT