ADVERTISEMENT

What other options similar to Twitter are there now that Twitter is useless?

PSUWrestlingFanSince2011

Mar 22, 2022
I barely use the app, I check some things for an hour or so and now I'm blocked from searching anything due to the new restrictions. Not going to pay for a blue check mark obviously. What options are out there similar to Twitter?

I barely use the app, I check some things for an hour or so and now I'm blocked from searching anything due to the new restrictions. Not going to pay for a blue check mark obviously. What options are out there similar to Twitter?
You could
-spend time with family
-go outside
-visit friends
-volunteer
-take a course
-read a book
-workout
-start a business
-travel
etc., etc.

Not similar to Twitter but much better uses of your time.

That isn’t correct.

First, Twitter did impose limits but had a glitch in doing so. They were down for 90 minutes and the message received was “limits exceeded”. That has been corrected. I suspect that is what happened to you.

The daily limit for users is now 800. You’ll never exceed that unless you are on Twitter for hours and hours in a single day.

Why did they do this? Bots have been built to hammer Twitter and grab the data to create profiles of users. So if you follow PSU football, hot girls and nazis you will get tons of adds for those as well as a secret ‘follow’ by the FBI.

Twitter is adjusting as they go. Musk warned that this would be the case for several months. They are learning as they go and making a lot of mistakes.

Last edited:
Here is an excellent tweet explaining what is going on. He reviews it from a mass censorship standpoint, which may be true. I think it is as much about businesses harvesting data. I am sure Twitter sells that data and doesn’t want to give it away for free.

Strip out the censorship angle and understand what this guy is really talking about is harvesting data and using it for business purposes

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT