ADVERTISEMENT

WE ARE BETTER - MATHEWS TO PSU

Huh? Some Pitt guy was just tweeting he picked Pitt????? Hope it's PSU.

he couldn't pick pitt...it was psu or toledo, dont think even the nc state offer was still good.

Now they didn't want him anyhow. Good thing Wade is short because they say they don't want anyone who is that short. Just keep taking guys Pitt doesn't want I suppose

Reactions: m48tank
Chris Dokish ‏ @ChrisDokish 15m15 minutes ago

Aaron Mathews is an intriguing prospect but to be honest I have no idea where he would have fit in at Pitt- & the coaches thought the same.

LOL - So Pitt just offered him to offer him? Head to head PSU vs Pitt offers to the same players and PSU has dominated! Absolute blood bath.

I welcome Mathews but Franklin needs to close on Hamlin, Ferns, Fuller, Nixon, and maybe Hudson depending on how many they take. Recruiting is really the only hope for this program to get better. We will see.

I like Mathews could be WR, TE, SS, OLB. Will be a terror on return game and cover game. Tough guy I like him on Defense. But a Red Zone WR or H Back or TE may be the call.

Getting guys out of Clariton has been harder than getting guys out of Aliquippa. Somewhat of a shot across the bow to Pitt.

Athlete I'd can play WR with that 6'5 frame think Moye with more speed

I'd feel more celebratory if Pitt hadn't decided that they didn't want him. The fact that mighty Pitt pulled back on their recruiting says to me that this kid is not Pitt material, and therefore not very good at all. I hope JF knows what he is doing.

(sarcasm off)

Reactions: m48tank
Just develop into a devastating blocker with great hands. I can see him carrying two tacklers on his back, after catching a 25 yard seam pass. Got that attitude already.

Aaron Mathews is an intriguing prospect but to be honest I have no idea where he would have fit in at Pitt- & the coaches thought the same.

LOL - So Pitt just offered him to offer him? Head to head PSU vs Pitt offers to the same players and PSU has dominated! Absolute blood bath.
That's a weird thought process by Dokish and supposedly the Pitt staff. It would be one thing if they felt he wasn't talented enough but shrugging their shoulders and wondering where he'd fit in is really stupid. If they think he's good enough to play at the D1 level it sucks for Pitt if their coaching staff is so incompetent they can't find a place to get his talent on the field.

Matthews is an outstanding pickup for you guys... he's a kid youre gonna wanna root for.... tough physical will give you everything he has for the next 4 to 5 years... I personally wanted him at Pitt... don't let other Pitt posters fool you, our staff wanted him at Pitt, you never want to lose a kid like him... what you are getting is a tough physical kid who's gonna need time to devolp and once he gets into the s&c program he's gonna be a monster...

Matthews is an outstanding pickup for you guys... he's a kid youre gonna wanna root for.... tough physical will give you everything he has for the next 4 to 5 years... I personally wanted him at Pitt... don't let other Pitt posters fool you, our staff wanted him at Pitt, you never want to lose a kid like him... what you are getting is a tough physical kid who's gonna need time to devolp and once he gets into the s&c program he's gonna be a monster...

Thanks, a very rare classy Pitt poster

It was a weird scenario. Pitt recruited him as a wide receiver. We got a commit from Ohio and we told him he would have to play defense. I think Pitt would have taken a commit from him if he would have wanted to go to Pitt. There is no doubt that he preferred psu. Matthews was a weird one though. Many Pitt fans wanted him. Many got annoyed, because it felt as though he missed his opportunity, and many thought he wasn't needed.
Psu was preferred, but I think with where we are with numbers of defensive backs and wide receivers he just wasn't needed.
It does feel weird. You guys have recruited well, and honestly it makes no sense to me that psu would offer him. I wonder if it is to try to get an in in the wpial. It just doesn't seem like Franklin is doing as well in wpial, and maybe this is for wade.

Oh well, good luck to him.

I welcome Mathews but Franklin needs to close on Hamlin, Ferns, Fuller, Nixon, and maybe Hudson depending on how many they take. Recruiting is really the only hope for this program to get better. We will see.

Recruiting is the only hope. :confused:

Duh. Talent on the field matters, always.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
If I recall correctly, Phil said if he came here he'd probably play defense.

I laughed my ass off at that comment to...but this is the same guy that just last week said the closest program like Pitt in FBS right now is Michigan State. I guess that wouldn't include all of the wins though. Now, to be fair, Mathews does a ton of stuff well and could fit in at any number of spots.

When you have an athlete like this with plenty of room to fill out you don't need to have his definitive position figured out right now. You just have to get the kid into your program, into the weight room and put him in a variety of positions with scout team. He's a project, but for anyone that hasn't watched his tape, it's very impressive.
http://www.hudl.com/v/Nfw1X

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
Recruiting is the only hope. :confused:

Duh. Talent on the field matters, always.

Well, I stated the obvious because I have no faith that Franklin can out coach anyone so he will have to win with overwhelming talent.

Well, not really sure of the point you are trying to make, but do you remember Gary Anderson (then coach of Wisconsin) saying after PSU beat Wisconsin in 2013 that O'Brien really "schemed us good"? I don't think we'll
ever hear an opposing head coach say that about Franklin. As to offering my expertise - always glad to help:).

Maybe you can call him and offer your years and years of D-1 coaching experience. I'm sure he would be appreciative.

Well, not really sure of the point you are trying to make, but do you remember Gary Anderson (then coach of Wisconsin) saying after PSU beat Wisconsin in 2013 that O'Brien really "schemed us good"? I don't think we'll
ever hear an opposing head coach say that about Franklin. As to offering my expertise - always glad to help:).

Funny thing about dumb posts like this, you have no idea what the offense will look like next year. Yet the same guy who won't out scheme anyone made an OC change. I'll bet you don't think the sanctions impacted Franklin either. Just a guess though.

Hey I hope Franklin proves me wrong - I really do. As I've said before I will gladly eat crow.

Funny thing about dumb posts like this, you have no idea what the offense will look like next year. Yet the same guy who won't out scheme anyone made an OC change. I'll bet you don't think the sanctions impacted Franklin either. Just a guess though.

It's more about what it means than the actual kid: The bridge to Clairton has been reopened.

Now, lets work on that bridge in Aliquippa.

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT