ADVERTISEMENT

Watch J'Ven Williams

Gorki224

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2021
I caught crap from the typical, you're not at practice crowd, when I said Rucci and Donkoh should be our two starting OTs. Well I just rewatched focusing on Williams and he got beat by everyone including #95 a walk on DE. I sent 4 plays of Williams getting beat bad to Joe Pano and there were more than that. Shelton didn't play but he's not much better.

Two other players I noticed and focused on...Abdul Carter and Lyons at DE.

Carter's bread and butter is his quick burst and speed. He also has a great bend. But temper expectations because he was going against true freshman Eagan Boyer and other OTs buried on the depth chart. Carter needs to develop his hands better. He needs a rip, hand swipe, etc...HE CANNOT JUST RELY ON HIS SPEED. He's an undersized DE at 6-3 250lbs. He has to be able to not allow OTs to lock him up with their hands.

On the flip side, I honestly think Jameial Lyons is the best DE on the team. Lyons has great size and length at 6-5...250lbs. He also has a quick burst but has great hands. He's great at swiping the OTs hands away as he is blowing by him. If the OT can't get hands on the DE, then he cant block you. DDS has great size and good hands to, but doesn't have the burst and quicks as Lyons. I think Lyons has the best combo of size, speed/burst and hands of any DE on the team.

Oh yeah and Cooper Cousins will be the best center to ever play at PSU when he leaves. This dude needs to start. If not at center then one of the OG spots. He's a brick wall that cannot be penetrated.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News