ADVERTISEMENT

Vacation in Wildwood, NJ

I have a place in Wildwood Crest - I am amazed by the number of New Yorkers here - Giants and Yankees hats everywhere - weird because it's such a long drive down to here and there are beaches like LBI much closer but until the pandemic a ton of French Canadians used to come here also - not so many now.
Surprised by that point pleasant,manasquan etc are all north of wildwood although manasquan reminds me of the way margate was in the seventies.Big time party town.Some of those Canadian girls in wildwood were quite the lookers.

I highly recommend Brittons Bakery in Wildwood Crest for morning pastries, donuts and coffee.
Their Apple Fritters are awesome - have to get there early since they sell out fast - they have lines out front before they open - I am usually too hung over to get there that early though.

Reactions: brupsu
This is a great thread. Personally, I can’t stand the beach, but I enjoy trying to understand why others enjoy it so. The reasons seem to stem from visiting bars. My parents drug me to Cape May for years as a child until my father, rest his soul, told me I could stay home. Nothing a 12 year old boy likes more than looking for Cape May diamonds.

Have a place on LBI but have not been there in 20 years. After living in Hawaii I can not bring myself to go to a beach in NJ. LBI was fun back in the day. Fish for blues at night and hit the beach during the day. Avalon is probably my favorite but Im sure everything has changed since the 90's.

Have a place on LBI but have not been there in 20 years. After living in Hawaii I can not bring myself to go to a beach in NJ. LBI was fun back in the day. Fish for blues at night and hit the beach during the day. Avalon is probably my favorite but Im sure everything has changed since the 90's.
My wife is heading to Holgate tomorrow for a Rutgers/Douglass College reunion w friends. We have relatives with places in Surf City and Barnegat Light too. Haven't been on the Island for years. Was fun when our kids were younger. It'll take her longer to drive from Manahawkin to Holgate than it will from Chester County to the bridge over the bay....I'm gonna hang at home w the dogs!🐕🐕

Reactions: Rhino80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT