ADVERTISEMENT

Football UPDATED -- Penn State vs Michigan State set for Black Friday at 7:30 p.m. on NBC - game to be played at Ford Field

Three game times announced so far and all three are night games, including two at home (1st and 4th games) and one away (12th game).....so far.

Anyone know the most number of night games we played in one season, not including the B1G championship and/or bowls?

Three game times announced so far and all three are night games, including two at home (1st and 4th games) and one away (12th game).....so far.

Anyone know the most number of night games we played in one season, not including the B1G championship and/or bowls?
I do not know but what is interesting is that we now have big time TV games with WVU, Spary, and Iowa (whiteout). We still have UM and tOSU to go. So we are going to get national attention for, at least, five regular season games.

I do not know but what is interesting is that we now have big time TV games with WVU, Spary, and Iowa (whiteout). We still have UM and tOSU to go. So we are going to get national attention for, at least, five regular season games.
Should be a bonus for future recruiting efforts, especially if we exceed expectations.

I love this for the reasons mentioned above regarding the weather. But also because if I decided to go, flying to Detroit and finding a hotel room would be pretty easy.
For the PSU fan, there really are no disadvantages to playing the game at Ford Field; Detroit is closer than East Lansing for most of us, the game is going to be played in a climate-controlled environment, and there shouldn't be the same home field advantage for MSU. I just don't think that a lot of MSU fans are going to attend this game in Detroit on a Friday night on Thanksgiving weekend, especially if MSU has the type of season that I think that they may have; the eastern part of Michigan, including the Detroit area, is predominately Wolverine country, and especially regarding football. My guess is that the crowd could be made up of at least 1/3 PSU fans, and maybe more if that game has significant meaning for us.

This is great for us. I'm sure they'll rope off a good portion of the upper decks...so it won't look at empty. No way they'd come close to filling it up...especially since they'll probably jack up the price pretty high.

Showcase game...even if we both have lackluster seasons. Nationally televised games get bigger rating than cable games...and that's always good.

Reactions: bison13
Not sure why concessions had to be made by us. Michigan State moving this from East Lansing is a big deal but Black Friday in prime time in a dome is amazing for us. Should do this every other year.

Not sure why concessions had to be made by us. Michigan State moving this from East Lansing is a big deal but Black Friday in prime time in a dome is amazing for us. Should do this every other year.

I'm guessing our concession was 730 pm and Friday night. But who knows for sure.

It sounds like a good neutral site game to me.

Once USC and UCLA join I'm sure they'll cover most of the prime time slots but Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan need to open up to night games in November. Fix the stadiums if necessary but countless other northern teams play night games in November and all NFL teams do in November and December. Gotta break away from the past and what they deem as comfortable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT