ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: World Cup 2015 Team Finals : USA vs Iran

CLICK on the PAIRING and RESULTS tab to find out the bout results.

Jake Varner just beat Mohammadian from Iran at 96kg to pull the USA to within a tie of the World Cup Final. Iran 4 USA 3

I would love for Tervel Dlagnev to shut up the I (ee)...RAN... I(ee)...RAN chants. It's like...could you come up with a new cheer and get rid of the 3 bleeps of the stupid horn at the end.

Komeil GHASEMI (IRI) df. Zach REY (USA), 3-1 Iranians win. Can't understand why Tervel didn't go??

If TD was hurt it had to have been in a meaningless match against Mongolia. Rey had 0 offensive effort. Sad. Varner had 0 offensive effort until the last 10 seconds. Gotta shoot to win Son!

Originally posted by WildTurk:
If TD was hurt it had to have been in a meaningless match against Mongolia. Rey had 0 offensive effort. Sad. Varner had 0 offensive effort until the last 10 seconds. Gotta shoot to win Son!
USA Wrestling released a statement that Tervel Dlagnev was injured and didn't go. Same with Ed Ruth who was
the #1 wrestler at 86kg. Injured. Came up big on Saturday with 16 unanswered pts against the reigning silver
medalist in the Olympics from Cuba. Beat the Cuban 22-13.

Maybe Varner has been watching too many Iowa matches? Well... At least he got it done when he had to!

Originally posted by crazylegs2:
Maybe Varner has been watching too many Iowa matches? Well... At least he got it done when he had to!
Is this a for real trying to take a dig at Iowa? If so, I feel like it's falling a little flat..

Well Mr. Metcalf seemed to do a great job.
Also Tony Ramos did a good job and thought he was robbed in the Iran match but that is how it goes sometimes.
Also Mr. Varner did a great job.
My self sure wish Ruth and DT did not get hurt USA could have easly won the gold this year.
Just keep on a working and improving USA will get there just a matter or time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT