ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Update on a Penn State commitment

Dylan Callaghan-Croley

Staff
Jun 14, 2020

— UPDATE — Hussey is expected to be camping down at Miami tomorrow.

Talked to our friends down at Warchant after Hussey’s trip down to FSU yesterday. Here’s some bullet points on where things seem to be at.

- Hussey definitely appears to have some notable interest in FSU, our colleagues down there went as far as saying it’s “very high” interest.

- FSU wanted to keep the visit a secret but obviously that did not happen. Visit went well for FSU, he spent a lot of time with Norvell and the Seminoles’ defensive staff.

- Warchant doesn’t get the sense that a flip is coming or that he is leaning towards FSU or anything like that.

- Miami seems to also be a possible contender (he did post the photos of him at Miami last week before his OV to Penn State).

- Florida State is hosting an event (their version of Lasch Bash) on July 31. If he shows up for that, things could start getting super interesting.

So when it comes to my thoughts on the matter; this is definitely a situation that is worth monitoring and one that we absolutely will going forward. This was ”disguised” under the 7v7 camp the Seminoles had but it sounds like he didn’t even participate. Penn State is going to have fight for this one until the very end most likely and there could be even more suitors in the upcoming weeks and months as he continues to rise on boards.

I don’t believe a flip is imminent nor do I see a decommitment in the near future but definitely going to keep a very close eye on this one. We’ll see if Penn State potentially getting his STA teammate King Mack in the fold could help calm this situation down for the Nittany Lions, but I imagine they’re not loving the fact he’s bookended his OV with trips to Miami and Florida State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News