ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Andrew Long update

amalone

Oct 12, 2005
AL is doing well and has found a new direction. He understands the meaning of Easter is all that needs to be conveyed and is headed in the best direction. He still has fond memories of Penn State and pictures are worth a thousand words. Sorry to be cryptic... just happy for Andrew Long on this Easter and his new, very positive direction in life.

10850218_10152615866559685_8787054167584728934_n.jpg

Yes... you are a steward... keep being so.

Re: thanks

Dungeon Yankee... Andrew Long has always been one of my favorite Penn State wrestlers. He was so tenacious. I was mat side scoring his match against Scotti Sentes at Nationals when Sentes was riding him the entire 1st period with his length & Chris Perry like style to ride legs. The 2nd started the same way... Andrew said enough... shook Senties off of him... and then planted him. Kid was electric on the mat. AL did the same thing to Mike Grey of Cornell. Ended up taking third with a completely stacked weight class at 133 in 2011. I'll always remember the fight Andrew Long had in him. I truly missed him being on the mat for his last season. It's been a up hill battle after leaving Penn State, his incarceration... but a new Andrew Long has come out of all of his travails.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Re: great story

Originally posted by Dungeon Yankee:
I'm glad for Andrew Long. Sounds like he is turning things around
Thanks for the kind words DY. I was hoping for that outcome and he certainly is turning things clearly around.

i'm also happy to hear Andrew Long is making a great move forward in the right direction.
Wish him the best and it is all "one day at a time". May the good lord be with you Andrew.

I think Cael brought him here to offer him guidance, it didn't turn out that way. Perhaps the andrew Long of today is the one Cael was hoping to surface at PSU.

Happy he has turned his life around.

Originally posted by BDB57:
I think Cael brought him here to offer him guidance, it didn't turn out that way. Perhaps the andrew Long of today is the one Cael was hoping to surface at PSU.

Happy he has turned his life around.
This Andrew.. most people wouldn't even recognize. The words of being a steward for God... were Andrew Long's
words. It's who he is today. He just got help a little late for his turn around to happen at Penn State... but young
enough where he is NOW, at a young age, an asset to society and to himself. Andrew Long now guides Andrew
Long... not some other source.

Originally posted by minnhawkeye:

i'm also happy to hear Andrew Long is making a great move forward in the right direction.
Wish him the best and it is all "one day at a time". May the good lord be with you Andrew.
Kindly stated Minnhawkeye. He has the Lord as his right hand man. Never thought I would hear those words from
him.

Always enjoyed watching Matt McD wrestle Long. Tough wrestler. Just made some poor choices as a young man. Many people do at his age.

Originally posted by WildTurk:
Always enjoyed watching Matt McD wrestle Long. Tough wrestler. Just made some poor choices as a young man. Many people do at his age.
They had colossal battles & Andrew Long was a pleasure to see wrestle. WildTurk... as you very aware recently...
young men who happen to wrestle make incredibly non-thought out decisions. It's a shame when a career or possible
life is wasted on such... stupidity when their talent took so many years to hone before making life altering errors in
judgement.

I'm just happy that Andrew Long has learned from his past behavior and become a new person. One worth being
proud of. Iowa should be proud of him as one of their own... reborn.

Yes I'm aware no doubt. Some infractions are worse than others.. Nobody is perfect!

Isn't this old news? Glad to hear that he's staying on the path.

HAMMERHAWK
08-27-2012, 09:13 PM
I met Andrew recently and had the opportunity to have a few in-depth
conversations with him. Andrew has turned his life over to the lord and
has been sober since his incident in State College. After all the things
I read it really surprised me that he was a genuinely humble, quiet,
kid. Andrew will be sentenced on the 30th and any prayers would be appreciated. Godspeed
young man, may your stay be short and I hope you find the strength to
follow the right path in the future.

This post was edited on 4/6 10:17 AM by jammenz

Originally posted by jammenz:

HAMMERHAWK

kid. Andrew will be sentenced on the 30th and any prayers would be appreciated. Godspeed

Kinda sorta. What's new is that he's remained on the right path. Isn't that newsworthy?

Originally posted by CholleyVandine:
Here's hoping his victim has found peace, as well.
She did. She stated that she didn't want Andrew incarcerated at a State Facility during the sentencing phase.
She... felt that was too harsh.

Originally posted by jammenz:

HAMMERHAWK

What Jammenz failed to mentioned because he forgets details or tries to change them... is... that Andrew Long
was sentenced at the end of August 2012 and he was sentenced to 1-2 yrs in Centre County's Correctional Facility.
In Pennsylvania... he has to serve at the least the minimum which was a year and any infraction in jail would/could
get AL 2 yrs. After serving his time... NO one posted an update on his progress. AL is working with Teen Challenge
of the Midlands helping very troubled young people who are facing life altering issues. From their website...

If you, or someone you know is struggling with a life controlling problem, please call us today.

There is no issue too big, no life too hopeless, no addiction too strong: there is HOPE in Jesus Christ!

So AL is now helping troubled youth who went through what he went through. That's the update as of now.
It's so fulfilling to know AL has connected to a higher power rather than the bottle he found solace in before.
Bravo to Andrew Long for turning his life... into a positive one.

This post was edited on 4/6 11:48 PM by amalone

Andrew Long Sentencing

Nice to see and hear, amalone. Andrew humiliated himself and his family in the worst way and he paid a very steep price for his transgressions. If he's on the right path as you say, he has a VERY long and potentially fruitful life ahead of him. I wish him luck.

THERE GOES AMALONE AGAIN! WHAT A TROUBLE

MAKER! All he does is pollute this board with strong debate with outside posters. Why is he allowed to continue posting? All he does is flame....YADA YADA YADA!

Thanks Amalone. You have a great heart and tremendous compassion for people. I am proud to be associated with you on this board! Thank you once more for taking the time to post another great piece of wrestling information!

I spoke with andrew when incarcerated often and what is being said is true he turned the corner and is very serious about his faith..... I truly enjoyed speaking with him u dont meet people like him in a jail setting ofter who are TRULY spiritual.......the other thing i found was the coaches didnt forget about him they really care about the people they recruit.....

Originally posted by troyshultz1:
I spoke with andrew when incarcerated often and what is being said is true he turned the corner and is very serious about his faith..... I truly enjoyed speaking with him u dont meet people like him in a jail setting ofter who are TRULY spiritual.......the other thing i found was the coaches didnt forget about him they really care about the people they recruit.....
The other thing i found was the coaches didnt forget about him they really care about the people they
recruit...

Thanks for this confirmation of what was discussed here on the site when Andrew was sentenced.
It was stated here that Cael reached out to Andrew after all the facts came out. Just another reason
to believe in the man that is running Penn State's program. Good to get confirmation from someone
who spoke to Andrew directly. Thank you TroyShultz1 for that comforting bit of information.

Shows the class we already knew that this staff had an abundance of.

I still to this day miss his talent on the mat. He was one of kind and no one could stick an opponent
as quick as Andrew Long. Glad for his... finding grace and being given grace to live a productive life
again. Proud he wore the blue and white.

Re: THERE GOES AMALONE AGAIN! WHAT A TROUBLE

Originally posted by lionlover:
MAKER! All he does is pollute this board with strong debate with outside posters. Why is he allowed to continue posting? All he does is flame....YADA YADA YADA!

Thanks Amalone. You have a great heart and tremendous compassion for people. I am proud to be associated with you on this board! Thank you once more for taking the time to post another great piece of wrestling information!
LL... I'm humbled by you on a regular basis. As a brother... I wish I didn't have to miss.

Just to add it wasnt just cael..... Casey talked to him quite abit also as did many of teammates......kid had many not give up on him......i also wanted to say that his style was amazing to watch......mentally very strong wrestler would not be denied.

Originally posted by troyshultz1:
Just to add it wasnt just cael..... Casey talked to him quite abit also as did many of teammates......kid had many not give up on him......i also wanted to say that his style was amazing to watch......mentally very strong wrestler would not be denied.
TroyShultz... Thank you so much for bringing these facts to light. If not for you... most would not know these
relevant facts... that the coaching staff believed in the person that was Andrew Long and that one ill created
incident did not and does not define who Andrew was. And I'm comforted that his teammates also did not give
up on him. I feel comforted also in knowing that.

There was NONE who were more mentally strong when he had to rise to another level than Andrew Long. None.

Link to Quarterfinals match w/ Scotti Sentes of Central Michigan. Ridden the entire match, as Scotti Sentes length gave Andrew fits, until Sentes makes a mistake... gets on his back too far and Andrew pounces, turns in and plants him. I was scoring the match from the match table and I nearly jumped out of my seat when Andrew pinned him. The time keeper next to grabbed me from jumping too high. Clearly I couldn't be cheering for one side of or the other.... but Andrew... he did it in stunning ways. Couldn't stop the natural reaction. Classic Andrew Long.

Ridden until AL sticks Scotti Sentes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT