ADVERTISEMENT

TV viewing angle

republion

Mar 24, 2009
In some of these stadiums, like today in Maryland and also at OSU, the viewing angle on TV is almost the equivalent to a birds eye view and it’s terrible to watch. It’s like if you had tickets to the game in the nose bleed seats. Not an enjoyable viewing experience.

In some of these stadiums, like today in Maryland and also at OSU, the viewing angle on TV is almost the equivalent to a birds eye view and it’s terrible to watch. It’s like if you had tickets to the game in the nose bleed seats. Not an enjoyable viewing experience.
IDK, kinda enjoyed seeing the d back coverage and the receivers running routes.

IDK, kinda enjoyed seeing the d back coverage and the receivers running routes.
I noticed it too and felt the same. Sometimes I just watched our receivers- mostly 1 on all the short routes/rubs.

On Beaus late sack in red zone I noticed 84 was in the game after sitting out a bit due to Personal Foul + 2nd team time- figured the play would be run for him and it was. Best replay angle from behind 9 showed 84 flashing open going left to right with no defenders on right side at all. He was way ahead of his defender. I got to follow him live more than usual.

The awkward view was negative for me seeing player #s....but otherwise something different. Not sure I'd always like it but yesterday it was alright.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I found it awkward as well. During the fourth quarter I had to leave with my wife to go somewhere, and as such I had her drive, and I watched 5 mins of the game on the app on my phone in the car. The wide angle is awful on a 6” iPhone screen!

Reactions: republion
I found it awkward as well. During the fourth quarter I had to leave with my wife to go somewhere, and as such I had her drive, and I watched 5 mins of the game on the app on my phone in the car. The wide angle is awful on a 6” iPhone screen!
Certainly not a good view for the small screen. Had to be really small.

But watching most games you have no idea how the receivers are doing, who is open, who the QB missed, what interference/holding was going on. Was nice to see what is happening instead of relying on announcers or posters at the game.

Certainly not a good view for the small screen. Had to be really small.

But watching most games you have no idea how the receivers are doing, who is open, who the QB missed, what interference/holding was going on. Was nice to see what is happening instead of relying on announcers or posters at the game.
It was almost unwatchable on the small screen. It was quite odd to transition from a 55” tv to a 6” iPhone during the same game at those angles. In-person I do like being higher up at the stadium to watch the plays fully develop.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Could you see the signal makers? Asking for a friend...
They did comment on the rainbow of hats/hoodies being worn and showed them doing their thing. Same in the RU game where there was extended conversation about how a green RU had/sweatshirt "just wasn't right."

AMAZINGLY though....nary a mention of Michigan or Marine Boy Conner. Wonder why? # DUEPROCESS

Hmmmmm......

Reactions: lazydave841
They did comment on the rainbow of hats/hoodies being worn and showed them doing their thing. Same in the RU game where there was extended conversation about how a green RU had/sweatshirt "just wasn't right."

AMAZINGLY though....nary a mention of Michigan or Marine Boy Conner. Wonder why? # DUEPROCESS

Hmmmmm......

I noticed the same thing yesterday as well. Subtle. Tell me how you really feel.

Yep. Ignoring the elephant. Had to be some sort of gag instruction.

How does an announcer NOT connect that discussion to the #1 storyline in college football?

Just amazing....

Scared of the army of lawyers at Michigan's disposal.

Read the letter from the U Michigan President about how there 'shouldn't be any rushes to judgement" and how "Michigan, like every other Big 10 scool, is entitled to fair due process."

I almost threw up halfway through the letter. Then it got even worse....

Reactions: step.eng69
Good info. I didn't watch any of that game.
I turned on pregame just to see if they covered it. Blackladge was talking about it and I saw just a little of it. Talked about how unfair it was to teams to have to spend time working on new signals when they have a limited 20 hrs per week. Don’t know what else they had to say.

Scared of the army of lawyers at Michigan's disposal.
Did you see scallions on the Missouri sidelines? Thought for sure someone would have posted a picture of the guy that had the yellow shirt and sunglasses and M hat on and made the joke of it being stallions. It was a Mizoo staffer

Yes, transitioning from big TV to phone was painful to say the least. But even on the big screen- 77” LG OLED- it is a struggle to watch.

Did you see scallions on the Missouri sidelines? Thought for sure someone would have posted a picture of the guy that had the yellow shirt and sunglasses and M hat on and made the joke of it being stallions. It was a Mizoo staffer

I didn't. Watched the first half of the Maryland game then listened to the 2nd half driving.

Westcoast- you are a long time and respected poster.

Yeah- many here bitch and complain about conspiracy theories and Big Ten "favorites"- but this thing seems to be at a whole nother level....too big to ignore.... too many coincidences and facts to let slide.

We here have had our fair share of controversy and scandal. This is bigger than losing an arrogant kicker to a sleepover.....the attempts to connect the "leak" to the Day Brothers are just spinning....nobody is saying that he didn't do what is being alleged....just throwing shade at OSU and deflecting responsibility.

Is there anybody looking into the mirror questioning the recent successes and the presence of the Marine Boy?

What is your honest take on this whole thing?

What do others in the M family think?

Does Harbaugh return next season?

I didn't mind the angle, but the clarity of the full play camera sucked. It seemed like it wasn't HD. Watching it on FS2 was a little better.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT