ADVERTISEMENT

Football Theo Johnson declares for NFL Draft, will play in Peach Bowl

GA15otWXEAANKfx
Thank you Theo. Hopefully PSU can get him some key touches and a TD to help his stock. He has lots of upside, needs work on his blocking.

A
Good for him. I hope he catches a TD or two. I've got great expectations for Dinkins, Rappleyea, Cross, and Schlaffer. Reynolds is getting good press for the incoming Fr class.

35fce85a-83a2-4f4a-9f37-6699942c4995_text.gif
And perhaps Warren will stay another year. TE room should continue as a strength. Hopefully new OC Kotelnicki is talking with them about how he plans to utilize them.

A

And perhaps Warren will stay another year. TE room should continue as a strength. Hopefully new OC Kotelnicki is talking with them about how he plans to utilize them.
Love the loyalty to declare for the draft and still play in the bowl game. Apparently no one told him it was an exhibition game. Theo has all the measurables to be an NFL TE with his size, speed, and hands he could be a riser in the draft if he kills it at the combine especially goes 4.6-4.7 in the 40.

Love the loyalty to declare for the draft and still play in the bowl game. Apparently no one told him it was an exhibition game. Theo has all the measurables to be an NFL TE with his size, speed, and hands he could be a riser in the draft if he kills it at the combine especially goes 4.6-4.7 in the 40.
Good to see that some guys aren't just all about ME. Great to see a player like Theo show some love for the game and some appreciation for his teammates, the school, the program, and the fans.

What loyalty? "team leader" leaving early projected as a 5th rounder? 😂

Some coaches want to win and some don't.

Hell yeah, Theo. True team player.
No surprise. I hope he plays the whole game. He might just be going to enjoy the festivities and maybe play in the first half. We'll see.

The next question is Tyler Warren. I've seen Johnson projected in the 3rd round. Warren is likely an undrafted free agent. We'd be fine with Warren & Dinkins.

Reactions: joeaubie21
No surprise. I hope he plays the whole game. He might just be going to enjoy the festivities and maybe play in the first half. We'll see.

The next question is Tyler Warren. I've seen Johnson projected in the 3rd round. Warren is likely an undrafted free agent. We'd be fine with Warren & Dinkins.
Hope Warren returns. Think he could have a big season next year. Hell, I think with a different scheme Theo and Tyler could have been huge for us THIS year, but we are resigned to constant shotgun, 3 WR finesse ball.

Johnson is 5th round not 3rd.

• Haha
Reactions: dswartz
Hope Warren returns. Think he could have a big season next year. Hell, I think with a different scheme Theo and Tyler could have been huge for us THIS year, but we are resigned to constant shotgun, 3 WR finesse ball.
I read Theo's draft analysis. They commented about how Theo wasn't featured in PSU's offense but he has loads of potential.

I love the holier than thou nonsense of he's doing the right thing. Chop is also doing the right thing. It's all what they want to do. It's a bowl game. One wants the free trip and the other doesnt.

Kudos to Theo for playing in the bowl game, but quite frankly, it’s in his best interest to try to showcase his abilities in the bowl since he’s more of a marginal mid to late round draft pick.

I love the holier than thou nonsense of he's doing the right thing. Chop is also doing the right thing. It's all what they want to do. It's a bowl game. One wants the free trip and the other doesnt.
Theo is doing the right thing. Kudos to him.

Chop is doing what he thinks is best for him, I guess.

Reactions: therod
What loyalty? "team leader" leaving early projected as a 5th rounder? 😂

Some coaches want to win and some don't.
He’s a senior so not really leaving early, but whatever fits your narrative. He’s getting drafted and can move up a lot with a good combine. He’s NFL ready at 6’6” 260 with good hands. He probably won’t improve his stock in the bowl game so he is loyal. I don’t know where you get team leader since I didn’t say that, but he was a team captain. I don’t even know what some coaches want to win and some don’t even means. Pills are good.

Both are doing what they think is best for them
I agree that they are both doing what is best for them. Chop is a projected mid 1st round pick and had a pretty bad concussion during the season so it makes sense for him to opt out. Theo is projected as a 3rd to 5th round pick so the bowl could help him, but there’s still the risk of injury. Not a knock on Chop more of props to Theo for playing. I thought Barkley was incredibly loyal for playing in the Fiesta Bowl, but maybe a little crazy for risking injury when he was a top 5 pick.

He’s a senior so not really leaving early, but whatever fits your narrative. He’s getting drafted and can move up a lot with a good combine. He’s NFL ready at 6’6” 260 with good hands. He probably won’t improve his stock in the bowl game so he is loyal. I don’t know where you get team leader since I didn’t say that, but he was a team captain. I don’t even know what some coaches want to win and some don’t even means. Pills are good.
My narrative is every single player under Franklin leaves early while other great players stay, and that hurts Franklins teams every single year. Parker Washington might have been the difference between 11-1 and 10-2.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
My narrative is every single player under Franklin leaves early while other great players stay, and that hurts Franklins teams every single year. Parker Washington might have been the difference between 11-1 and 10-2.
Olu stayed

I read Theo's draft analysis. They commented about how Theo wasn't featured in PSU's offense but he has loads of potential.
Yeah, kept waiting for Theo to be a breakout star but it really didn't happen. Certainly not a Friermuth.

With Theo's size, expected to see him as a dominant blocker but read comments that he was not great in that area for a team that needed blocking on the edge and down field.

Wish him well. He should get some years in the NFL.

Kudos to Theo for playing in the bowl game, but quite frankly, it’s in his best interest to try to showcase his abilities in the bowl since he’s more of a marginal mid to late round draft pick.
Exactly. He isn’t a top pick, so he still needs every opportunity he can take to showcase his talent. But don’t tell that to the “dance for me monkey” crowd. This monkey has decided to dance, so the masses will be entertained.

Reactions: LMTLION
Exactly. He isn’t a top pick, so he still needs every opportunity he can take to showcase his talent. But don’t tell that to the “dance for me monkey” crowd. This monkey has decided to dance, so the masses will be entertained.
He doesn’t have to “dance” for anyone, he can not play and go get a job like the rest of us.

He doesn’t have to “dance” for anyone, he can not play and go get a job like the rest of us.
He can not play and still go to the NFL but he's looking for better film
It's sad that some people truly think the players shouldn't do what they think is best for them

Of course he doesn’t have to dance. Maybe he’s playing for game film, maybe he’s playing for his brothers one last time, maybe it’s because he loves the college game and wants to eke out every last ounce before moving on. To the “dance monkey” crowd, the reason he dances does’t matter, as long as he dances.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Of course he doesn’t have to dance. Maybe he’s playing for game film, maybe he’s playing for his brothers one last time, maybe it’s because he loves the college game and wants to eke out every last ounce before moving on. To the “dance monkey” crowd, the reason he dances does’t matter, as long as he dances.
Your schtick is a little old (and somewhat racist). Might want to move on.

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
Calling them dancing monkeys? You can’t figure that out? Could have called them puppets or minions, but you chose monkey. Interesting.
It’s a saying. It has nothing to do with race or color. Sure, I could’ve said puppet or anything else, but I didn’t create the saying. Hell, it’s even in a popular song for crying out loud.

Sometimes there is a clear cut right thing to do and wrong thing to do. This is one of those times. Theo is doing the right thing. Love to see it.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
It’s a saying. It has nothing to do with race or color. Sure, I could’ve said puppet or anything else, but I didn’t create the saying. Hell, it’s even in a popular song for crying out loud.
It’s just an odd choice considering the point you were trying to make. Those who want them to stay are the bad guys yet you’re the one calling them monkeys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT