ADVERTISEMENT

The "bipartisan" Senate border bill

Dzapper

Gold Member
May 5, 2019
The prior threads on this topic pretty well laid it out how this is just another Dem/Soc effort to shift blame for the border crisis to the Republicans. It's no surprise that the leftie controlled media and usual Senate RINOs (like Romney) would be on board with this farce. But, I was shocked to see James Lankford (R-OK) being a useful idiot on this deal.

When Lankford first went to the Senate representing one of the most red of all the red states, I was delighted to see a young, articulate, committed conservative get elected who might someday rise to leadership in the party. What has happened, unfortunately, has been the exact opposite. It's sad to say but if you become a member of this exclusive club (ka the US Senate) it's just a matter of time before politicians who start out as strong conservatives start to care about getting along with their leftie counterparts more than they care about the people who elected them and put their trust in them to promote conservative values above all other considerations (ala John McCain, Mitch McConnell, etc.). If this isn't a screaming example of why we need term limits for both houses of Congress, I don't know what would be.

As for Lankford, WTF? He can't possibly think voting for a bill that permanently sanctions illegal immigration to the tune of 1.8 million additional illegals a year (not counting "get aways") but does virtually nothing to force Biden to enforce existing law and stop the invasion will float in Oklahoma. I'm wondering what the story behind the story is here. Who has the pictures of who doing what to who/it.

I don't know when Lankford is up for reelection to the Senate in Oklahoma, but when that time comes, maybe it's time for the voters there to "retire" this useful idiot and elect someone who reflects their political beliefs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News