ADVERTISEMENT

Steveson intends to use final year of eligibility

Smart if so but it kinda sucks anyway, I’m happy to have the athletes of any sport do 4 competing years in 5. Lately the eligibility never ends. In his case he wrestles 4 years….then redshirts and now back for a 5th Covid year.

Meh.
It would still only be his 4th post-season.

Reactions: Lyco1990
Not that my opinion matters at all, but I’m ok with Steveson and his eligibility due to him only being 23 all next year. I’ve said it before, when a kid is no longer eligible for U23, he should also no longer be eligible for college wrestling. Their eligibility should end on their 24th birthday. Just my opinion and I’m sure there are numerous reasons it doesn’t make sense. I just don’t want to see 24/25/26 year olds wrestling 18 year olds. I’m over it. That’s what men’s senior level is for.

Don’t be surprised if he ends up at Iowa $$$
Would be even stupider. Ruin his legacy only for Iowa to yet again not win a team title or come all that close.

Sure, let Bob Nicolls pay Gable the entirely of Kirk Ferentz’s salary so that he can win a fourth individual title that Iowa will get no credit for.

But hey, I guess the HWC can try to say they made an Olympic gold medalist then.

Reactions: Ski
Don’t be surprised if he ends up at Iowa $$$
Now that would be hilarious.
A message board of idiots who regularly spew all kind of stupid shyt PSU's and Cael's way, singing praises to TnT for securing a great transfer. All the while bemoaning Cael's cold-hearted recruiting techniques and the poor guys he recruits over. Hello Tony Cassioppi meet the middle Ferrari, Patrick Kennedy, Cole Seibrecht which are simply this year's recruit over Hawks.

Even with Steveson they finish 80 plus points behind the Nits, but hey they probably get another second place tropy.

Steveson is already a millionaire. Money will definitely not be a factor.
Would be even stupider. Ruin his legacy only for Iowa to yet again not win a team title or come all that close.

Sure, let Bob Nicolls pay Gable the entirely of Kirk Ferentz’s salary so that he can win a fourth individual title that Iowa will get no credit for.

But hey, I guess the HWC can try to say they made an Olympic gold medalist then.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone

I can definitely see it happening. Besides Minnesota fans, it’s not ruining his legacy elsewhere. It’s how the College athletics game is played these days.

Money is ALWAYS a factor and I think you severely overestimate what a WWE contract is worth, especially for someone who has yet to wrestle a live match.
His signing bonus was 1 million dollars before he was on a roster and they moved a training center to Minnesota for him. Don't think they will be packing that up and moving it to Iowa.

• Haha
Reactions: lionlover and Ski
His signing bonus was 1 million dollars before he was on a roster and they moved a training center to Minnesota for him. Don't think they will be packing that up and moving it to Iowa.
WWE currently has no use for him. They could very well say “go win another Olympic gold and debut after.”

My point is just because he signed a million dollar bonus doesn’t mean he’s just gonna turn his nose up at a massive offer. A million dollars ain’t what it used to be.
Very true. I just really think he returns to Minnesota with the money he has and will continue to receive from WWE

Vince is paying him enough that he won’t want to seek out money elsewhere? Yea, I doubt it.

Add in having a chance at a Natty
He'd win the individual title if he transferred to Fordham.

Team title?

mj-michael-jordan.gif

Hmm, so 25 instant March points up for grabs to the highest NIL sack. Iowa is stuffing their bag as we speak, Cass be damned. I’m pulling for Michigan, Missouri, or Iowa State to win the “I-failed-WWE-and-desperately-crave-relevance” sweepstakes. Generational, sure, but too “look-at-me-love-me” for my tastes, like the ever-flexing car triplets. Love to see a Ramos-like upset against yet another prima donna craving nothing but limelight and a second shoe drop. Win or lose, I want Kerk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT