ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers 2nd Round.....on the clock

PSU Soupy

Aug 3, 2008
it seems as if the Steelers have 1 of 2 options: 1) Draft JPJ 2) Trade pick and drop back in 2nd round and pick up the 4th and or 5th round pick that they had to give up already........

Guessing on the second option. Steelers like JPJ, but they do not have a 4th, 5th or 6th round pick........ lot of sitting around.

Seems like a great position to be in as only 2 QBs on the board of much interest, tons of TE on the board who people may want................ with 20 hours to cut a deal. The front office from the Steelers last year would have filled out the card for Porter Jr. at the end of last night and put it on the podium. The Steelers used to be the fastest pickers.....they targeted their player and if available....pulled the trigger.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
it seems as if the Steelers have 1 of 2 options: 1) Draft JPJ 2) Trade pick and drop back in 2nd round and pick up the 4th and or 5th round pick that they had to give up already........

Guessing on the second option. Steelers like JPJ, but they do not have a 4th, 5th or 6th round pick........ lot of sitting around.

Seems like a great position to be in as only 2 QBs on the board of much interest, tons of TE on the board who people may want................ with 20 hours to cut a deal. The front office from the Steelers last year would have filled out the card for Porter Jr. at the end of last night and put it on the podium. The Steelers used to be the fastest pickers.....they targeted their player and if available....pulled the trigger.
I'm most concerned they stay at 32 and take Ringo or Smith as their CB instead of Porter.

Supposed they want a ton more than a 4th/5th. One report said they want the Rams first next year along with 69 and 77 this year for 32. For the Titans they wanted their 1st next year with 41 and 147. Sounds like they shooting for the moon or the reports are way off.

I'm guessing they take JPJ but tons of options. Wouldn't even be shocked if they went Hyatt though I'd hate that.

Yeah, their position at the top of the 2nd round should be very attractive to some teams.

I would be fine with the addition of JPJ, but it may make more sense to wait on the best offer for pick #32 and add some more slots.

I'm most concerned they stay at 32 and take Ringo or Smith as their CB instead of Porter.

Supposed they want a ton more than a 4th/5th. One report said they want the Rams first next year along with 69 and 77 this year for 32. For the Titans they wanted their 1st next year with 41 and 147. Sounds like they shooting for the moon or the reports are way off.

I'm guessing they take JPJ but tons of options. Wouldn't even be shocked if they went Hyatt though I'd hate that.
There's also the possibility that they take Branch from Bama.

There's also the possibility that they take Branch from Bama.
Honestly, I would have considered moving up to 28-31 to take Branch. I think he's perfect for our defense but he feel so it's hard to pass on him at 32 even for Porter. Going to be a fun night regardless. Hoping to see at least JPJ and Ji'Ayir Brown come off the board tonight and a bunch of kids tomorrow.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Honestly, I would have considered moving up to 28-31 to take Branch. I think he's perfect for our defense but he feel so it's hard to pass on him at 32 even for Porter. Going to be a fun night regardless. Hoping to see at least JPJ and Ji'Ayir Brown come off the board tonight and a bunch of kids tomorrow.
I believe that Brown is going to have a good NFL career like an Adrian Amos has.

They need not to over think this:

#1: They ask and receive the moon for this pick. This is my choice #1.

#2: If nobody gives a huge offer, you run to the podium with Joey Porter Jr. on the card.

It really is that simple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT