ADVERTISEMENT

So Michigan and O$U got 5 portal starters each....

The thing with OSU is that even in the years they don't make the Playoff or win the conference, they have a season that's considered a huge success for 95% of the other schools. I believe they've finished with 1 or 2 losses the last 3 years - could be wrong - and they consider those years huge failures.
OSU already had a system in place to pay players before it was legal. That’s why they were able to hit the ground running when NIL came around.

The thing with OSU is that even in the years they don't make the Playoff or win the conference, they have a season that's considered a huge success for 95% of the other schools. I believe they've finished with 1 or 2 losses the last 3 years - could be wrong - and they consider those years huge failures.
Cloning……

OSU already had a system in place to pay players before it was legal. That’s why they were able to hit the ground running when NIL came around.
Maybe but it's all speculation and something no one can prove. I use to spend a ton of time in Birmingham AL before I retired about a decade back and really heard a ton of that stuff about Alabama and lately Georgia......especially from other SEC teams.

But with NIL in place, we'll now find out which schools are the most serious about football. Personally, I don't like the direction that CFB is headed but "it is what it is."

Last edited:
Yet last week on The Fan, a PSU football writer was on a show talking about PSU draft prospects, and he mentioned Nourzad as a probable draft pick.

I think he's a definite pick...call it 5th round or thereabouts.

He's gonna get a shot in the NFL. Don't know whether he'll end up playing in the league though.

Nate Bauer comes to us from the Dave Jones, Bob Flounders, Cory Giger, school of negative Penn State reporting. He's young and has a lot to learn, but he's coming up fast!

I've always felt Nate was wishy-washy vs outright negative. At least on the podcasts. I've not read his premium content.

And then there's this from Nate Bauer, who has seen practices so far: "wide receivers dropping passes all over the field all day every day"
You told us it was the system and it would all be fixed now that we have a new OC

The OP would complain if 5 players left to make room for the 5 new players.

PS. Didnt PSU pick up two 5* players?

Reactions: rrdd2021
...and Franklin got a possession receiver, two backup corners, and a backup tackle.

And you people wonder why he can't beat them, year after year after year.

Go ahead and blame NIL again for the 4th straight year 😂

But hey, Fleming is a good blocker, and Rucci came home to back up a freshman lol
Fleming is a SOLID WR it's just that he played with a few 1st round picks at OSU. And keep in mind, he was the 3rd and 4th WR in a LOADED OSU WR room during his time there. He brings experience and was a great pickup for PSU

Fleming is a SOLID WR it's just that he played with a few 1st round picks at OSU. And keep in mind, he was the 3rd and 4th WR in a LOADED OSU WR room during his time there. He brings experience and was a great pickup for PSU
If Franklin got him then he sucks. Because Franklin sucks. Because we suck.

Get with the program…..FIRE EVERYBODY!!!

Reactions: bison13
And then there's this from Nate Bauer, who has seen practices so far: "wide receivers dropping passes all over the field all day every day"
Bauer is continually underwhelming, as is any March football assessment/declaration. —Several brand new moving parts this year, but things appear promising . Let’s see what develops. JMO

And Franklin should personally donate to the NIL collective to compete with OSU and Texas collectives. It’s all his fault.
I was on OSU's Eleven Warriors site a few weeks back and they have a few NIL collectives. One of the main ones is called The Foundation and I read that they collected over $1 million dollars in a week awhile back. And here's the kicker....it was from their everyday, normal fans. In other words, there were no big businesses or businessmen involved.....God only knows what they've donated. They're obsessed with their Buckeyes in Ohio and that's almost impossible to compete with.

I was on OSU's Eleven Warriors site a few weeks back and they have a few NIL collectives. One of the main ones is called The Foundation and I read that they collected over $1 million dollars in a week awhile back. And here's the kicker....it was from their everyday, normal fans. In other words, there were no big businesses or businessmen involved.....God only knows what they've donated. They're obsessed with their Buckeyes in Ohio and that's almost impossible to compete with.
It’s the unfortunate reality, and until we as alumni and fans get on board with that mentality, we will be chasing them forever.

Reactions: bison13
It’s the unfortunate reality, and until we as alumni and fans get on board with that mentality, we will be chasing them forever.
What else does the state of Ohio have? The Browns have been a joke since last century. They are just now getting good but still have serious problems. Bengals haven’t been consistently good. Only hockey team is the Jackets….meh. Indians…..er Guardians are competitive but not great. Cavs had a few years with James ……

The entire state is full in on Buckeyes. Pa has great pro teams both hockey and football.

What did OSU win? How about Colorado?
OSU was losing there last two games of the year if I remember correctly, OSU is always the off season champs no different this year, Everyone is an All American Everyone is a 5 Star no one can or will beat them just another natty like last year but they have 2 titles in last 50 years. Give me a break with OSU. Bye the way UM has 1 and 1/2 titles the last 75 years.

Last edited:
OSU was losing there last two games of year if I remember correctly, OSU is always the off season champs no different this year, Everyone is an All American Everyone is a 5 Star no one can or will beat them just another natty like last year but they have 2 titles in last 50 years. Give me a break with OSU. Bye the way UM had 1 and 1/2 titles the last 75 years.
OSU was losing there last two games of year if I remember correctly, OSU is always the off season champs no different this year, Everyone is an All American Everyone is a 5 Star no one can or will beat them just another natty like last year but they have 2 titles in last 50 years. Give me a break with OSU. Bye the way UM had 1 and 1/2 titles the last 75 years.
As a lifelong Cleveland resident and an OSU alum, let me clear up a few things. In football, OSU is almost always in the hunt for the NC. Winning the NC is very hard, especially given the top SEC teams one must get around. Name a non-SEC who has had more success in the last 25 years than Ohio State. OSU also suffers from the fact Ohio HS football is not what it once was. The best HS talent is in SEC country.

Now for the Cleveland pro teams (I do not follow Cinci). All of the Cleveland teams suffer from the fact northern Ohio is a small market with crummy weather. Stars (like Lebron) generally start here and then move to one of the coasts where there is more money, exposure and opportunity.
Specifically;
Browns: They are run by idiots. The Steelers are a much better organization and have been for 50 years. Just look at their Super Bowl histories.
Indians/Guardians: Well run, but a small market team in a sport with no salary cap. Makes it very hard to win.
Cavaliers: Good young team, but is constantly snake bit with key injuries.

OSU did lose their last two games last year but the last one was very misleading as it was a bowl game with players leaving and opting out - I can't remember who they played. If I remember correctly, PSU kind of went thru the same with opt outs in their bowl game. I reaally don't think many of these lesser bowls will be around in 3 to 4 years especially with the Playoffs expanding to 12 this year and possibly more than that in future years.

As for OSU, I believe - could be wrong - that 2 losses is the most they've had since around 2010 (or thereabouts) -the Tressel sanction year. It seems they're in the thick of the NC talk every year

OSU did lose their last two games last year but the last one was very misleading as it was a bowl game with players leaving and opting out - I can't remember who they played. If I remember correctly, PSU kind of went thru the same with opt outs in their bowl game. I reaally don't think many of these lesser bowls will be around in 3 to 4 years especially with the Playoffs expanding to 12 this year and possibly more than that in future years.

As for OSU, I believe - could be wrong - that 2 losses is the most they've had since around 2010 (or thereabouts) -the Tressel sanction year. It seems they're in the thick of the NC talk every year
They had a poor 2011 and finished 6-7; PSU actually beat them in Columbus that season. Since then, without looking, they probably haven’t lost more than two games in a season.

...and Franklin got a possession receiver, two backup corners, and a backup tackle.

And you people wonder why he can't beat them, year after year after year.

Go ahead and blame NIL again for the 4th straight year 😂

But hey, Fleming is a good blocker, and Rucci came home to back up a freshman lol
Name the 5 starters that Michigan obtained via the transfer portal this year.

Name the 5 starters that Michigan obtained via the transfer portal this year.
Yeah, the 5 new TP starters for Michigan is absolutely RIDICULOUS. They lost more in the TP than they picked up. They picked up 2 players and in reality, only one - Priebe - might have a shot at starting, Losing Saab to Alabama was a major hit for Michigan. Here's the Transfer Portal players for Michigan:

They had a poor 2011 and finished 6-7; PSU actually beat them in Columbus that season. Since then, without looking, they probably haven’t lost more than two games in a season.
Yeah, went back and looked at that OSU season and the sanctions - rightly so - wiped out their roster talent with players like Terrelle Pryor, Boom Herron and a ton of others suspended-gone.

I always considered Tressel a slimeball. He lied - plain and simple.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT