ADVERTISEMENT

so does Allar start the rest of the year?

E
I don't know, we've had a lot of 2-loss seasons that I remember fondly (1981, 1991, 1993, 1996) even though we had no chance at winning the title those years after loss 2. I think we've ratcheted up expectations so much that we now see it as a lost season if there's no chance for the CFP.

But at this point I'd rather take a chance at going 8-4 with Allar than 10-2 with Clifford.
Everyone is talking like 4 more wins is a gimee…might I remind them that 4 losses is not out of the question.

Reactions: YeOldeCup
Even Kentucky fans see a lot of weaknesses in him and most that I talk to don’t see him as a first or second pick. Maybe he will develop in the NFL because he does have a lot of the physical tools, but it’s not like we let Joe Burrow go.
He has lost every big game they have had, Ole Miss with two lost fumbles and the dumpster fire last night. Laughable he is a top 5 pick.

Reactions: AWS1022
E

Everyone is talking like 4 more wins is a gimee…might I remind them that 4 losses is not out of the question.
You better not get out of bed tomorrow. You probably think a bus will hit you. If you live your life with that type of negative, chicken little mentality it must be rough.

You better not get out of bed tomorrow. You probably think a bus will hit you. If you live your life with that type of negative, chicken little mentality it must be rough.
Just being realistic…you might want to take off the glasses and read the record. It is ugly and getting worse.

i am sick of Franklin blowing leads in the 4th quarter

this has happened through a succession of coordinators, so it is Franklin IMO

i wish we had a coach who focused on the lines first and built boring teams that just win instead of this
Joe rarely faced an O$U juggernaut like this and when he did they were guaranteed losses. Look at his wins against them...'94, '97, '99, '05, '08. None of those O$U teams could hold a candle to what they have built the last 10 years. By the way, I think it was 13 losses stacked against those 5 wins. Franklin has a lousy record in these big games vs O$U, no doubt.

Just being realistic…you might want to take off the glasses and read the record. It is ugly and getting worse.
Yep we have a lousy record against O$U, it is what it is now. The only one out there I can think of who could replace Franklin if I had my wish list is Rhule but not totally sold on him. Meyer is a no, would't want him and he ain't coming here.

eh, the '97, '05, and '08 OSU teams were all top-shelf

The '99 osu team wasn't that good and that wasn't even in the top 5 games that year
They were not. Not at the level of the '22 team. Just look at the QB comparison. I will give you that at least for '05 our D line and linebackers were light years ahead of where we are now. This is a huge Franklin miss that is now killing us.

Joe rarely faced an O$U juggernaut like this and when he did they were guaranteed losses. Look at his wins against them...'94, '97, '99, '05, '08. None of those O$U teams could hold a candle to what they have built the last 10 years. By the way, I think it was 13 losses stacked against those 5 wins. Franklin has a lousy record in these big games vs O$U, no doubt.
Joe also went into Columbus and spanked a pre-season #1 O$U…shut them out…bullied the Bucks all over their home field.

Then two years later kicked their a$$ again in the Fiesta Bowl with a second team QB.

Sound like a Franklin? Didn’t think so.

Reactions: Cowbell Man

If you want to think our team falls apart, by all means do so. It's your mindset.

The fact is, unless Clifford gets hurt, we're going to be favored in every game left. Even then, Allar probably has enough publicity that we would be favored with him starting (and should be spades better according to many here).

Your lack of faith in Franklin is not a true indicator of the team we have. Yes, he can't beat OSU regularly. Yes, he's below .500 vs Harbaugh and Sparty. He tends to beat the teams we have talent advantages over in spite of whatever else.

I don’t understand how anyone can realistically think Allar will start any games this year if Clifford isn’t injured. I just do not see I happening, it’s not in CJF’s makeup to do that.

I’m not talking in terms of what “maybe should happen” or what might be a good way to build for the future. I’m talking what WILL happen in all likelihood. I simply don’t think there’s any question whatsoever.

I don’t understand how anyone can realistically think Allar will start any games this year if Clifford isn’t injured. I just do not see I happening, it’s not in CJF’s makeup to do that.

I’m not talking in terms of what “maybe should happen” or what might be a good way to build for the future. I’m talking what WILL happen in all likelihood. I simply don’t think there’s any question whatsoever.
Franklin won't do it. He should but he wont.

Reactions: bytir and CVLion

Agree. I have defended Clifford as a player and teammate and will do so going forward. However, I hope that Franklin has a plan to play Allar substantial minutes the rest of the year. Not important Allar starts but would be very beneficial for team/him to play meaningful minutes every game.

Reactions: CVLion
If you want to think our team falls apart, by all means do so. It's your mindset.

The fact is, unless Clifford gets hurt, we're going to be favored in every game left. Even then, Allar probably has enough publicity that we would be favored with him starting (and should be spades better according to many here).

Your lack of faith in Franklin is not a true indicator of the team we have. Yes, he can't beat OSU regularly. Yes, he's below .500 vs Harbaugh and Sparty. He tends to beat the teams we have talent advantages over in spite of whatever else.
He also throws in a few losses…actually quite few over the past few years.

Powerhouses like Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Maryland…

This season reminds me of a season way back 1970 when the team was decent, not great and a quarterback change was made mid year. John Hufnagel at quarterback started a pretty good run for Penn State. I don't really think Franklin's loyalty to Clifford would let that happen this year. Franklin should have thanked Clifford for his service at the end of last year and told him it was time to move on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT