ADVERTISEMENT

Shane Grifith?

The cuisine in the Bay Area is second to none. Absolutely mind blowing restaurant scene going on there. Where else in the world can you scarf down traditional Bhutanese fare for lunch, enjoy pisco sours with dinner at a Peruvian cafe, and cram an afternoon surf session in between?
If you can surf behind a boat on the Susquehanna, you can do this in Harrisburg.

If you can surf behind a boat on the Susquehanna, you can do this in Harrisburg.

7vxd.gif

This thread has gone off the rails as expected. Can we have a pact and agree that next time there is a legitimate Griffith update (whether he plans to visit PSU or cancel his trips and exit the portal), we start a new thread? 🙂

This thread has gone off the rails as expected. Can we have a pact and agree that next time there is a legitimate Griffith update (whether he plans to visit PSU or cancel his trips and exit the portal), we start a new thread? 🙂
OK with me, but someone is sure to object.

Good idea. What’s the opposite of a dumpster fire? Pool of clarity?!? :)

Reactions: danoftw
But then you will have people complain about multiple threads, regardless of the agreement I am sure.

Last edited:

Sorry to muck up this thread with Griffith-ish info, but Koll said on Baschamania that basically he wouldn't have signed with Stanford if guys like Griffith and Woods and Abas hadn't all promised to stay.

Sorry to muck up this thread with Griffith-ish info, but Koll said on Baschamania that basically he wouldn't have signed with Stanford if guys like Griffith and Woods and Abas hadn't all promised to stay.
Yup I saw that but I got the impression that was just Koll joking around (he had quite a bit of dad jokes). Koll was leaving Cornell no matter what (per Willie) so his decision to take Stanford wasn't due to the roster he would inherit (he said he loves the rebuild and schmoozing donors)

I doubt anyone made any legitimate decisions over an initial meeting (Koll or the wrestlers) Absolutely I can see him selling them all on staying. He even said he expects them all to stay. I still think the biggest hurdle to clear is getting Shane into grad school at Stanford.

Palo Alto means San Francisco Bay Area, which is a fantastic area to live in. So the real is Ithaca vs Bay Area.

Interesting article about top 50 college towns to live in. State College comes in at number 8. Our Iowa friends will be thrilled to see Iowa City on the list at number 9. Ithaca beats them all coming in at number 4 in the top 50 😱. Surprisingly I didn’t see Palo Alto on the list 🧐. I did notice that Berkley was on the list at number 6, so Coach Koll could live there and do the 40 mile, hour + commute each way 😊

Reactions: yekrut321

Interesting article about top 50 college towns to live in. State College comes in at number 8. Our Iowa friends will be thrilled to see Iowa City on the list at number 9. Ithaca beats them all coming in at number 4 in the top 50 😱. Surprisingly I didn’t see Palo Alto on the list 🧐. I did notice that Berkley was on the list at number 6, so Coach Koll could live there and do the 40 mile, hour + commute each way 😊
It's amazing a town as dangerous as IC comes in at #9.

It's amazing a town as dangerous as IC comes in at #9.
It's even more amazing that Ames, a place the Hawkeyes hate.... came in ahead of Iowa City. As a side note; I've lived in Ames and visited Iowa City and they're ok... nothing special. JMO.

Stanford doesn’t deserve Rob Koll. If the rumors are true, I have to wonder if there isn’t something else going on at Cornell we don’t yet know about (especially considering the Dean brothers’ rapid exodus). Koll has been there for 32 years and he’s built the program into a national power. I’m disappointed and stunned.
It is my opinion that we have not heard all about what is going on at the Cornell program, could it be the beginning of the end???

Its official: Jesse Dellavecchia to Army as a volunteer assistant. Does not make a tremendous amount of sense to me. Has a year of eligibility. Made the finals but came up short. Why not give one more year a try with the best coaches and training partners in the country? 125, 157 and (unless J.Lee drastically improves) going to frustrating next year.

Its official: Jesse Dellavecchia to Army as a volunteer assistant. Does not make a tremendous amount of sense to me. Has a year of eligibility. Made the finals but came up short. Why not give one more year a try with the best coaches and training partners in the country? 125, 157 and (unless J.Lee drastically improves) going to frustrating next year.
I agree but there was an article on Intermat I believe that said Jesse has dealt with mental issues in the past. Maybe the pressure of competition is too much for him.

Reactions: Lovethissport
I'm curious if Shane still plans to take his OV here? He allegedly has taken his to UNC.

Hard to believe, but "what the fans think" is not among any athlete's criteria.

Yeah, I can’t say you’re wrong about the City itself. I don’t like going there anymore. It needs a Times-Square type of anti-“broken windows” clean up, for sure.

The Bay Area and nearby is still good overall. It has great restaurants, hiking, kayaking, cycling, skiing, cultural events, and incredible variety of natural environments, and great teachers and coaches for every type of cultural or educational or athletic activity for kids. And it has a high concentration of intelligent, friendly people. The people are waaaay friendlier and less pretentious than the Southern Californians, on average.

Palo Alto is congested and unremarkable.
Here we go

Not much of a vacation but I'm driving from State College to Florida next week. I've done NY <> FL a bunch of times but this time I'll be able to avoid 95 until I get near Charleston, so the first 2/3 of the drive should be more interesting than usual. Never been to Charlotte, but I'll be stopping there briefly, if anyone has any food recs.
Bypassing 95. Wtf does that look like lol. Long mountain ride lol

Not much of a vacation but I'm driving from State College to Florida next week. I've done NY <> FL a bunch of times but this time I'll be able to avoid 95 until I get near Charleston, so the first 2/3 of the drive should be more interesting than usual. Never been to Charlotte, but I'll be stopping there briefly, if anyone has any food recs.
I made that drive once a week for almost two years. The Blue Ridge mountains are beautiful.....The Parkway is a lovely ride. Take your camera(s). I find it a very peaceful drive. US 81/77 is a great distraction for me. It is my "meditation" time. Enjoy

85 to 89. College of Veterinary medicine.
I knew someone who was also there for Veterinary Medicine. After six years of hard work and dedication he was kicked out for making a single mistake. I think they make too big of a deal out of sleeping with patients.

What kind of offseason would it be without a beastiality joke? Sorry, I read this one recently and your reply brought it back to me.

I knew someone who was also there for Veterinary Medicine. After six years of hard work and dedication he was kicked out for making a single mistake. I think they make too big of a deal out of sleeping with patients.

What kind of offseason would it be without a beastiality joke? Sorry, I read this one recently and your reply brought it back to me.
5110183.jpg

Cali, now I'm confused, I thought you lived on the West coast now you know the Sharon, PA area? Quaker State's original place was nice and unique.
Quaker Steak not State. From Hickory PA and spent many of high school night at the Lube. Bavarian FunFest in downtown Sharon (at the Lube, Seafood Express and Tully's) was a classic back in the 80's

Reactions: dpd926
I made that drive once a week for almost two years. The Blue Ridge mountains are beautiful.....The Parkway is a lovely ride. Take your camera(s). I find it a very peaceful drive. US 81/77 is a great distraction for me. It is my "meditation" time. Enjoy
It was definitely a much nicer trip than 95, which was made plain when I actually had to get on 95 for a short stretch, on my way to Savannah.

Encountered a ton of cicadas in WV/lower central PA on the way back. A few weeks ago I was sad to find out that we weren't going to see the 17-year brood in State College, but I got quickly over that after driving through them. They made a mess of my windshield.

Photo from either WV or No. VA on the way back.

8Wd7Q5b.jpg

Shoutout to @Cali_Nittany for the Midwood rec, it was great. Managed to hook up with high school friends living in Charlotte there. Went with the combo platter, half of which I was wise enough to save for the next day.

It was definitely a much nicer trip than 95, which was made plain when I actually had to get on 95 for a short stretch, on my way to Savannah.

Encountered a ton of cicadas in WV/lower central PA on the way back. A few weeks ago I was sad to find out that we weren't going to see the 17-year brood in State College, but I got quickly over that after driving through them. They made a mess of my windshield.

Photo from either WV or No. VA on the way back.

8Wd7Q5b.jpg

Shoutout to @Cali_Nittany for the Midwood rec, it was great. Managed to hook up with high school friends living in Charlotte there. Went with the combo platter, half of which I was wise enough to save for the next day.
We would like to see lots of great photos when you get back!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: tikk10
Unfortunately Dog, San Francisco "was" a fantastic city. Going back to 1984 I have been there dozens of times for work, pleasure and family. I used to tell people before you die, you must visit there.

The city is now a shit hole. Proposition 47 has individuals robbing stores blind with no repercussions. Homeless have taken over. Unfortunately many are mentally ill. The city spends $100s of millions on that issue but simultaneously has the welcome mat out attracting more.

Last year San Francisco had 257 covid deaths but 697 overdoses deaths.

Again it became really bad in the last 3 years. I hope the City leaders come around and fix the problem that they let get out of hand.

I can't speak about Palo Alto, it may be wonderful.
SF, like most of Cali, was so desirable to be in and live in until the Great Recession in 2009. I lived there in the mid nineties (LA, SF, and OC) and again from 2007-2018 (SD). There is nothing of interest anymore in a decaying state. People are fleeing at greater numbers than reported and being replaced by movements from the south and Far East. The last 10 years has been disgusting to see what has become of the Golden State. Sure the tourism bureau will show you all the glitz and glamor but many will not walk in the cities after dark. So sad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT