ADVERTISEMENT

Scouting all 7 PSU NFL Draft prospects

CaliLION79

Sep 27, 2020
VIDEO ON ALL PSU NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS

If you're at work but not working like me today and are coutning down the minutes until the draft tonight...this is a long but worth it deep dive on all 7 Penn State draft prospects. Like, ridiculously thorough. See Link. Again, it's worth your time.

Anybody else get the sinking feeling that Menet will be a better pro than college player? Good for him if he is, but I still don't understand why he never lived up to his recruiting ranking.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
Thanks for posting...I don't think parsons will have any problem covering. The guy seems to think he'll have to cover people in the deep areas of the field. Fact is, most coverage will come in front of him on a TE or RB. Parsons is 6-3 with long arms. He'll be able to not only move quickly up and laterally, but he'll be able to cover with his length. If his problem is he can't turn his hips and retreat, that isn't the job of a LB in almost any case. And even if it is, his 4.4 speed gives him a ton more closing speed than any other linebacker in the NFL.

Reactions: CaliLION79
Good point, Obliviax. My only knock on Parsons is that I feel he's not a huge fan of taking on blockers and shedding to make tackles but likes to try to finesse and dip around blockers, which sometimes gets him off balance and out of position. He's looking for homeruns when a sac bunt will do. With that said, he's only played the position for two years...so if that is an issue (like my novice football mind thinks it is), it's something that can be corrected and coached out of being a habit.

Anybody else get the sinking feeling that Menet will be a better pro than college player? Good for him if he is, but I still don't understand why he never lived up to his recruiting ranking.

I have been thinking that for months. If he gets on the right team as a undrafted free agent or late round pick, he'll be better than every other Stater in this class besides Parsons and maybe Baby Gronk.

Reactions: CaliLION79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT