ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Day says that he didn't try and recruit Allar despite offer.

drama-alert.png

Yeah it's not disrespectful of Allar. It's just explaining why things worked out the way they did.

Day would never say this, but I can see why Allar wouldn't have been Ohio State's top priority -- they like throwers with more mobility. Allar is a special talent but he is a pocket quarterback and Ohio State wants more than a pocket quarterback.

It's all great for PSU because PSU is not really in the same league as Ohio State when it comes to QB recruiting. At PSU Allar could be a program-changing player but at Ohio State he might not even be playing.

Last edited:
It's all great for PSU because PSU is not really in the same league as Ohio State when it comes to QB recruiting. At PSU Allar could be a program-changing player but at Ohio State he might not even be playing.
Huh?

Allar certainly would have gotten very little time behind CJ Stroud, but I wouldn't trade Allar for the Buckeyes current starter.

Now, that's just my opinion, but he's in no way out-classed by what Ohio State has now. Again, FWIW, Allar is talked about as a high 1st round NFL draft choice.

Reactions: 81b&w
Huh?

Allar certainly would have gotten very little time behind CJ Stroud, but I wouldn't trade Allar for the Buckeyes current starter.

Now, that's just my opinion, but he's in no way out-classed by what Ohio State has now. Again, FWIW, Allar is talked about as a high 1st round NFL draft choice.
Allar-McCord would be an interesting battle. I do think Allar is better but we'll see a lot Saturday to help determine that.

lol, day seems like a nice guy, but he can never get his story straight..the whole quinn ewers thing was sus, everybody in texas knew he reclassified to get NIL, as at the time, Texas high school athletes were prohibited from getting NIL..he went to osu a year early with the full intention of transferring to texas..if all things are pretty much equal, you always take the instate kid..meyer did a lot of good things for osu, obviously, but he totally changed osu's recruiting to the detriment of instate kids....

lol, day seems like a nice guy, but he can never get his story straight..the whole quinn ewers thing was sus, everybody in texas knew he reclassified to get NIL, as at the time, Texas high school athletes were prohibited from getting NIL..he went to osu a year early with the full intention of transferring to texas..if all things are pretty much equal, you always take the instate kid..meyer did a lot of good things for osu, obviously, but he totally changed osu's recruiting to the detriment of instate kids....
Whatever the deal was, you move on. College football is really crazy now. At the time Ewers committed to OSU, NIL was relatively new and programs were getting up to speed. OSU is well stocked at QB going forward.

Whatever the deal was, you move on. College football is really crazy now. At the time Ewers committed to OSU, NIL was relatively new and programs were getting up to speed. OSU is well stocked at QB going forward.
can't argue, just seems that meyer was too willing to take the higher ranked out of state kids, even if the ranking was only incrementally better.

can't argue, just seems that meyer was too willing to take the higher ranked out of state kids, even if the ranking was only incrementally better.
Ohio HS football has been in decline for years. OSU still very much recruits nationally. That said, I see a greater focus by Day on Ohio kids.

Reactions: bluehair666
Ohio HS football has been in decline for years. OSU still very much recruits nationally. That said, I see a greater focus by Day on Ohio kids.
i will defer to your knowledge of ohio high school football...in this particular case, ewers was #1 nationally and allar #3...that is not a big gap..

and allar #3...that is not a big gap..

At the end, no. However, Ewers was consensus #1 and Allar was still a 3* for the majority of the recruiting. Then Ewers reclassified. At that point, OSU did come after Allar. To what extent, I do not know. They took Brown, so it seems they were adamant about getting a QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT