ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread Rutgers discussion/PBP

Should be a good test for Davis. Peterson was R12 last year and has wrestled some close matches with Ramos and DeAugustino. A winnable match but not a given by any means.
Yep. And kind of interesting mcrone handled Peterson last weekend 7-1.

Reactions: mcpat
3 tickets available for the Rutgers Dual.
Section 107L Row FF

(814)657-5423

What is the estimate for attendance tomorrow night. Really odd they did it on Monday. I would hope Penn State offered a lot of opportunities for youth and high school programs to attend if ticket sales were down.
It's a good time for that. Most youth programs start state process in a couple weeks. A lot of post season wrestling starts next weekend or for that matter 5 days from Monday. This allows for kids to get there and I'd have to think driving the thought process.

What % of “casual wrestling fans” would show up in BJC on Super Bowl Sunday. Would have been better to just run at REC on Sunday where the long faithful wrestling fans don’t give more than a passing thought to missing a 3 1/3 hour football game.
Maybe “a” football game. It’s also not basketball which wrestling doesn’t connect with, noting the old “it’s better to wrestle and lose than play basketball.” ;)

But Rec Hall faithful definitely watch the Super Bowl. Sure….some don’t, but most do.

Just an FYI, but student tickets are always free to wrestling, I believe—just very limited supply at Rec.
They were when I was in school in the 90's LOL. That said it looks like The AD is advertising free admission to all students with ID. Hopefully they can fill the building with students looking for something to do on a Monday Night.

Should be a good test for Davis. Peterson was R12 last year and has wrestled some close matches with Ramos and DeAugustino. A winnable match but not a given by any means.

unfortunately I think I need to get going after. Gonna be getting late and want to beat the weather. But I’m planning to be in town around 4:00 or 4:15
Where at? Paul and i could get there around 4:30.

Sucks if true. If Nagao doesn't wrestle he wont be higher than 4 seed at B1Gs. If he wrestles and beats Shawver he would be 2 seed

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Probably doesn't matter what Carter or Aaron do and Carter might be able to use the break at this point, but I would have hoped for Nagao tonight for the same reason you mention. Hopefully Mineo's wrong.

Reactions: pish69
Nagao probably could be the 2 if he wrestles and beats Shawver and Van Dee. If he doesn't wrestle tonight but beats Van Dee, he should be the 4/5. If he would lose to Van Dee, he could be the 7.

Records Big Ten Duals Big Ten Overall Losses
Ragusin 6-1 8-1 Van Dee
Van Dee 5-1 8-2 Madrigal (Teske) (also beat Teske in the dual)
Shawver 4-2 4-3 Wells Ragusinx2
Bouzakis 5-2 7-2 Ragusin Shawver
Brown 5-2 5-2 Ragusin Bouzakis (Nagao didn't wrestle the dual)
Nagao 3-2 4-2 Ragusin Bouzakis
Wells 4-2 4-2 Madrigal Brown

Reactions: pish69
Nagao probably could be the 2 if he wrestles and beats Shawver and Van Dee. If he doesn't wrestle tonight but beats Van Dee, he should be the 4/5. If he would lose to Van Dee, he could be the 7.

Records Big Ten Duals Big Ten Overall Losses
Ragusin 6-1 8-1 Van Dee
Van Dee 5-1 8-2 Madrigal (Teske) (also beat Teske in the dual)
Shawver 4-2 4-3 Wells Ragusinx2
Bouzakis 5-2 7-2 Ragusin Shawver
Brown 5-2 5-2 Ragusin Bouzakis (Nagao didn't wrestle the dual)
Nagao 3-2 4-2 Ragusin Bouzakis
Wells 4-2 4-2 Madrigal Brown
Yup..makes no sense for seeding purposes to sit out..hopefully just sick and not injury related

@hlstone @86PSUPaul
Bau GIF by Paramount+

@mcpat we need your contact info.
Text me

We made a reservation at Happy Valley, they even confirmed. Then they were closed. Bummer

Last edited:
Track just loaded. No Starocci for PSU. No Moore or Soldano for Rutgers with 3 unknowns as well.

125 Braeden Davis (Penn State) vs. Dean Peterson (Rutgers)

133 Aaron Nagao (Penn State) vs. Dylan Shawver (Rutgers)

141 Beau Bartlett (Penn State) vs. Max Hermes (Rutgers)

149 Tyler Kasak (Penn State) vs. Michael Cetta (Rutgers)

157 Levi Haines (Penn State) vs. Unknown

165 Mitchell Mesenbrink (Penn State) vs. Unknown

174 Terrell Barraclough (Penn State) vs. Jackson Turley (Rutgers)

184 Bernie Truax (Penn State) vs. Shane Cartagena-Walsh (Rutgers)

197 Aaron Brooks (Penn State) vs. Unknown

285 Greg Kerkvliet (Penn State) vs. Yaraslau Slavikouski (Rutgers)

125 Braeden Davis (Penn State) vs. Dean Peterson (Rutgers)

133 Aaron Nagao (Penn State) vs. Dylan Shawver (Rutgers)

141 Beau Bartlett (Penn State) vs. Max Hermes (Rutgers)

149 Tyler Kasak (Penn State) vs. Michael Cetta (Rutgers)

157 Levi Haines (Penn State) vs. Unknown

165 Mitchell Mesenbrink (Penn State) vs. Unknown

174 Terrell Barraclough (Penn State) vs. Jackson Turley (Rutgers)

184 Bernie Truax (Penn State) vs. Shane Cartagena-Walsh (Rutgers)

197 Aaron Brooks (Penn State) vs. Unknown

285 Greg Kerkvliet (Penn State) vs. Yaraslau Slavikouski (Rutgers)
That unknown guy scares me. He’ll prolly duck AB though.

Reactions: Sullivan
Interesting at 157. Jacob Butler for Rutgers is the starter and has a 70% winning percentage (7-3 record). If he loses to Haines and beats North from Maryland and Morrow from Bloomsburg his win % would be 69.23%. If he skips Haines and beats the other two his win % is 75%. Assuming he gets a coaches rank that would allocate another spot for the Big 10. He won’t have enough matches to qualify for RPI.

Reactions: Sullivan
Interesting at 157. Jacob Butler for Rutgers is the starter and has a 70% winning percentage (7-3 record). If he loses to Haines and beats North from Maryland and Morrow from Bloomsburg his win % would be 69.23%. If he skips Haines and beats the other two his win % is 75%. Assuming he gets a coaches rank that would allocate another spot for the Big 10. He won’t have enough matches to qualify for RPI.
We call this the Bradley Hill Effect. Do everything you can to preserve Win % for a guy that might score a point at nationals.

Reactions: danoftw
Rutgers without Mitch Moore (141), Brian Soldano (184) & John Poz (197) vs. PSU due to illness…

125, 133 and 149 may be only ones worth watching lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT