ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Sunday Updates

RyanSnyder

BWI Recruiting Analyst
Silver Member
Nov 2, 2013
Bellefonte

ADDED: 10:25 AM

We should see Ellis Brooks and Mark Webb leave campus in a few hours. Peyton Hendershot didn't get on campus until Saturday, so I believe he'll be around for a few more hours.

Penn State feels good about Brooks, lukewarm about Webb. I think it's been tough for some to really read Webb this weekend. Not too high, not too low. He's just been tough for most to read while on campus. Same with his father. They've enjoyed their time, but it's just been tough to get a feel for whether he may switch or not.

I'll be reaching out to Brooks' father later today. I was given the impression that Brooks will likely go home without committing today. Either way, like I noted earlier this week, I think Penn State is going to land Brooks. The academic/athletic combo piques his interest. It sounds like he enjoyed his time with the players and coaches.

As for Hendershot, I'm not expecting an offer today. I think Tuesday is the day we'll learn about his status.

Remember, Penn State is hosting a bunch of junior prospects this afternoon. LB Jesse Luketa is the guy I'll be watching the closest. I think there's a real chance he commits today.

Below is the current list of junior prospects that I'm expecting to be on campus this afternoon. I have removed Kwantel Raines from the list. He was unable to get a ride.

UPDATED LIST: Confirmed Visitors for Junior Day

DB Michael Dowell - Lakewood, Ohio - St. Edward
LB Charlie Katshir - Mechanicsburg, Pa. - Cumberland Valley
DT Matthew Jones - Brooklyn, N.Y. - Erasmus Hall
TE Zack Kuntz - Camp Hill, Pa. - Camp Hill
LB Jesse Luketa - Erie. Pa. - Mercyhurst Prep
OL Juice Scruggs - Erie, Pa. - Cathedral Prep
WR Justin Shorter - Monmouth Junction, NJ - South Brunswick
RB Ricky Slade - Woodbridge, Va. - C.D. Hilton
LB Nick Tarburton - Perkaskie, Pa. - Pennridge
OL Rasheed Walker - Waldorf, Md. - North Point
Ath. Atrilleon Williams - White Plains, NY - Archbishop Stepinac

ADDED: 2:20 PM

2017 WR Mark Webb tweeted this out following his Penn State official visit. It looks as if he'll be sticking with his original commitment to Georgia.

ADDED: 2:30 PM

From Tim Owen, who's inside Rec Hall for today's wrestling match

- A large group of recruits just entered Rec Hall for the wrestling match. They're with Brent Pry, Tim Banks and some administrative assistants. Working on ID'ing them all, but I can def tell Kuntz, Shorter, Katshir, Tarburton and Luketa. There are a few others but tough to identify them in the crowd. Standing alongside the west upperdeck.

ADDED: 3:05 PM

ovdn9ttm0wpjzlkpaxsr

I confirmed that OL Rasheed Walker is in attendance today. He originally said that he probably wasn't going to make it.

From left to right - WR Justin Shorter (left), LB Jesse Luketa (middle), OL Rasheed Walker (right). Also, LB Nick Tarburton has the green football jacket to the far right.

ADDED: 5:05 PM

2018 RB Ricky Slade tweeted this out not long ago.

I reached out to some people about Slade. It sounds like a commitment may not come today, but could come later this week. From what I was told, his father would prefer that they go home first and think things over.

Either way, I think it's just a matter of time. I've felt that way for awhile now.

ADDED: 7:00 PM

Ath. Atrilleon Williams - White Plains, NY - Archbishop Stepinac

https://twitter.com/gold3n_boii2/status/825876807220084736

ADDED: 7:05 PM

Penn State has officially offered 2018 LB Nick Tarburton

You can read more about that offer HERE.

ADDED: 7:45 PM

OL Rasheed Walker - Waldorf, Md. - North Point

ADDED: 8:35 PM

I confirmed that 2018 DB Isheem Young didn't make the trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News