ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Recap: Ohio State (UPDATED: Sun - Noon)

RyanSnyder

BWI Recruiting Analyst
Silver Member
Nov 2, 2013
Bellefonte
I'll be reaching out to everyone over the next few days. Obviously, I can only do so much at 1 AM, but I'll be working all day tomorrow and into Monday.

Prospects that didn't make the trip

DB Lamont Wade - 2017
DB Tariq Castro-Fields - 2017
DB Kwantel Raines - 2018

RB Braxton Chapman - FILM - Farrell, Pa. - Farrell

"Last night was an atmosphere like no other. Just the way the crowd was into the game, you could defiantly feel the energy in Beaver Stadium last night. The experience is great. I always love coming to Penn State. It's crazy because right before the game, Coach Smith told me that "we are going to shock the world tonight." They just played unbelievable. They had so much energy. It was just a crazy thing to experience and I'm glad I got to be apart of it."

DL Olalere Oladipo - FILM - Huntley, Ill. - Huntley (Illinois Commit)

"Shocking! Really cool experience. I never witnessed something like that before."

LB Dylan Rivers - FILM - Stephens City, Va. - Sherando

"I'm honestly lost for words. The defense was stour the whole entire night. A few blessing are always nice in a ballgame like that. I'm so happy for the guys."

K Noel Ruiz - FILM - Wilson, N.C. - Fike

"Last night was probably one of the most historic nights in PSU history and I can't believe I got to experience it all. The atmosphere was crazy from the moment I got on campus. The best part was the fans. They definitely were a key part in the game. Every time the defense was out on the field they were insanely loud and rocked the stadium. Having over 107,000 fans screaming gave me chills, I loved the feeling. They never let up either and I think it helped keep momentum having them out there, especially on the blocked field goal. The stadium was completely shaking. I love coming back here. This is a place like no other and I hope last night will prove why top recruits should come join PSU. The program is going to be a national powerhouse. This is definitely where I would like to be. I'm planning on coming back up one more time."

WR Cameron Sullivan-Brown - FILM - Laurel, Md. - St. Vincent Pallotti

"It was so lit and exciting. I think it was definitely the best win under Coach Franklin. So happy for everyone."

Ath. Brian Asamoah - FILM - Columbus, Ohio - St. Francis DeSales

"That atmosphere was incredible, one of the most energetic fan bases I've seen this year. They're really into it."

TE Jack Cravaack - FILM - Cincinnati, Ohio - Madeira

"The energy there was one of a kind. By far the craziest atmosphere I've ever seen. It was great to be back at Penn State and I love everything about it from what I've experienced."

DE Marcellus Earlington - FILM - Ramsey, N.J. - Don Bosco Prep

"I loved it. The atmosphere, the crowd, everything. I liked how the players never gave up."

DT Ja'mion Franklin - FILM - Ridgely, Md. - North Caroline

"Man, let me tell you, whatever I say about it does it no justice at all because the whole campus was rocking !! I've never been apart of something special like that before. It was truly amazing to witness. Starting early in the morning, all around town, you see white everywhere. They have the most dedicated fans in the nation. The overall atmosphere was sensational. So loud, so hype. I loved it."

LB Dallas Gant - FILM - Toledo, Ohio - St. John's ***

"I thought the atmosphere was incredible. The fans were great and everything was amazing. My family and I had a wonderful time."

LB Cameron Hoelscher - FILM - Springfield, Ohio - Springfield High

"It was unreal. It's a memory that will always stick with me. The environment was on a new level. It was truly incredible. Crazy to think that 107k were there all wearing white to knock out Ohio State."

LB Dax Hollifield - FILM - Shelby, N.C. - Shelby

"I loved the atmosphere. It was one of the best I've seen anywhere. I thought the defense and special teams played awesome. Thats what won it for them."

Ath. Jornell Manns - Mansfield, Ohio - Mansfield ***

"Man, Penn State was awesome. Just like before, it's the best football environment I've ever been to. The atmsophere there is very electric. The fans are way past loud, from start to finish. You can't hear anything. Their supporters are insane."

TE Elijah McAllister - FILM - Rumson, N.J. - Fair Haven

"That was easily the best game I've ever been to in my life. Definitely the best atmosphere. If Penn State offers they'll definitely be in my top two if not number one. I love it so much. I barely have any words to describe that. They showed they can be a top program soon."

DE John Morgan - FILM - Hyattsville, Md. - DeMatha ***

"It was crazy and electric. The fans were going crazy. All 107k strong were completely off the chains last night. After the blocked field goal, the D-Line went crazy and sealed the game. Once the clock went to zero, the whole stadium stormed the field. It has always been my dream to storm the field and it happened during the white out of 2016. The experience was something I never could have imagined."

Ath. Justin Neff - FILM - Mill Hall, Pa. - Central Mountain

"The atmosphere was unreal. I got there around 1 PM and it was loud and buzzing the whole night. Even when Penn State was down, the stadium was loud and they were behind their team. I've been to Penn State games before, as a fan, but yesterday I was there as a recruit and it's the best game I've ever been to."

DE Alex Reigelsperger - FILM - Huber Heights, Ohio - Wayne

"Jumping on the field to celebrate with everyone was so fun. I love PSU. Everyone knows that."

OL Julian Sams - FILM - Bealton, Va. - Liberty

"Honestly, this was the best college experience I've had so far. The atmosphere up there is crazy. Even when Penn State was losing, the stadium never got quiet. The fans and student section were into the game from start to finish and I really like that. Going on the field after the game was great, too. Jumping around with my friends and other fans. Overall, I had a really good time. After being up there it makes me want to work twice as hard."

OL Blaine Scott - FILM - Portsmouth, Ohio - Sciotoville East ***

"Oh my gosh. That was the craziest atmosphere I have ever seen. It was unreal. We had a great time."

WR Justin Shorter - FILM - Monmouth Junction, N.J. - South Brunswick

"I thought the atmosphere was absolutely crazy. There was 107 plus thousand fans there and it was super loud. I appreciate Coach Franklin being able to meet with me and my family prior to the game. It was a fantastic performance by the team. Offensively, defensively and on special teams. It was just overall a great experience. I've never been to such a crazy game. I am very excited to continue working hard so one day I can be in that position and play in a game like that."

Ath. Tyreke Smith - FILM - University Heights, Ohio - Cleveland Heights ***

"The atmosphere was amazing, the fans were crazy. The defense stepped up and helped the team when the offense wasn't clicking. It was great game and a great day."

QB Trey Dawson - FILM - Middlebury, Conn. - Sacred Hall

"I like the confidence they had in themselves before the game started. I could tell the Penn State players were excited to get out there and prove people wrong against the No. 2 ranked team in the country. The excitement and energy was unbelievable. Every fan was totally into the game."

DB Moses Douglass - FILM - Springfield, Ohio - Springfield

"The atmosphere was lit. Everyone was ready to see the Nittany Lions give Ohio State their first L. It was a once in a lifetime experience. We rushed the field then when the game was over. I loved how the team fought their way back into the game after being down 21-7. They showed great composure when the adversity hit them."

LB Shane Lee - FILM - Washington, D.C. - St. John's College High

"I got up there early and I loved it. I loved the energy up there all day. Even during the game, through all the ups and downs, the fans and the team stuck together and never had any doubts. It was a great time."

DB Jeremiah Gray - FILM - Charlotte, N.C. - Ardrey

"My visit was awesome! I'm humbled and honored to have a received an offer from Coach Franklin. The atmosphere of the game was amazing. The Penn State fans are epic. How do you not play the game of your life with that kind of support? And when the fans rushed the field that was truly a memorable moment."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News