Recruiting: Early Lasch Bash Visitor List

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanSnyder

BWI Recruiting Analyst
Silver Member
Nov 2, 2013
Bellefonte
- This is an early look at next week's Lasch Bash. There are still names that will be added. I'm currently watching a few players from outside the region, but as of now, it's still too early to put any names out there. We'll have a better feel and a more complete list by this time next week.

However, I do want to rehash that this year's Bash will probably be a bit smaller than year's past. If not smaller, then it'll probably feature more underclassmen. Michigan and Ohio State are also hosting prospects that same day, as are other top programs up and down the East Coast. Now that the dead period is a full month, you're going to see a lot of schools hosting a big recruiting event in that final week of July. Keep that in mind. It'll still be loaded with talent, but maybe just not as many 2019 prospects as we've seen in recent years. That's also due to the fact that I think PSU will only have about a half-dozen or so scholarships remaining once we get past this event.

PSU Commits

DL Hakeem Beamon - FILM - Chesterfield, Va. - Lloyd C. Bird
Saf. JaQuan Brisker - FILM - Monroeville, Pa. - Lackawanna College
LB Lance Dixon - FILM - West Bloomfield, Mich. - West Bloomfield
CB Keaton Ellis - FILM - State College, Pa. - State College
RB Devyn Ford - FILM - Stafford, Va. - North Stafford
QB Ta'Quan Roberson - FILM - Wayne, N.J. - De Paul Catholic
CB Tyler Rudolph - FILM - Oaksdale, Conn. - St. Thomas More
LB Brandon Smith - FILM - Mineral, Va. - Louisa County
OL Caedan Wallace - FILM - Princeton, N.J. - Hun School
CB Marquis Wilson - FILM - Windsor, Conn. - Avon Old Farms
OL Saleem Wormley - FILM - Smyrna, Del. - Smyrna ***

OL Jonathan Allen - FILM - Dayton, Ohio - Dunbar ***
WR David Bell
- FILM - Indianapolis, Ind. - Warren Central ***
OL Zachary Franks - FILM
- Baltimore, Md. - Gilman ***
DL Jared Harrison-Hunte - FILM
- Middle Village, N.Y. - Christ The King ***
CB Joey Porter Jr. - FILM
- Pittsburgh, Pa. - North Allegheny ***
OL Walter Rouse - FILM
- Washington, D.C. - Sidwell Friends ***
DT Ben Smiley - FILM
- Chesapeake, Va. - Indian River ***
OL Anthony Whigan
- FILM - Great Mills, Md. - Lackawanna College - JUCO ***

OL Michael Carmody - FILM
- Mars, Pa. - Mars ***
DE Bryan Bresee - FILM
- Damascus, Md. - Damascus ***
WR Jaden Dottin - FILM
- Suffield, Conn. - Suffield ***
DE Coziah Izzard - FILM
- Hyattsville, Md. - DeMatha ***
Saf. Jordan Morant - FILM
- Oradell, N.J. - Bergen Catholic ***
CB Josh Moten - FILM
- Fort Washington, Md. - Nat. Christian Academy ***
Saf. Makari Paige - FILM
- West Bloomfield, Mich. - West Bloomfield ***
OL Aaryn Parks - FILM
- Fort Washington, Md. - National Christian Academy ***
RB Chris Tyree - FILM
- Chester, Va. - Thomas Dale ***

Ath. Derrick Davis
- FILM
- Monroeville, Pa. - Gateway ***
WR Dont'e Thornton Jr. - FILM - Baltimore, Md. - Mount St. Joseph ***

News & Notes

- 2019 -

-
WR David Bell is set to return to Penn State for the first time since February. Bell has been pretty quiet this summer, but at the Five-Star Challenge last month, he gave colleagues the impression that Penn State is right in the thick of things here. I don't expect this recruitment to end in the near future, but I do think the Lions are still very much in the mix here.

- DT Ben Smiley is set to visit Penn State for the first time. He earned an offer from the staff following the spring evaluation period and has already grown to like Spencer and Franklin. Between last season and this spring, he's seen South Carolina and Virginia, but I believe that's it from his Top 10 schools. In addition to PSU, Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas A&M were a few other notable programs that offered in April/May. It's clearly not easy for Smiley to travel out to all these schools, so I expect him to use his official visits this season. He already used one to see Virginia in June. Right now, I'm still focused on Harrison-Hunte, but a good visit could put Smiley right in the mix here.

- Speaking of DT Jared Harrison-Hunte, his coach confirmed again on Tuesday that Hunte does plan to be back on campus this upcoming weekend for the Lasch Bash. However, I was told he probably won't arrive until midway through the event. I'll reach out again next week to clarify some things.

- OL Anthony Whigan will be on commitment watch next weekend. He'd like to take an official visit to Oklahoma at some point, but his schedule simply isn't going to allow it, unless he holds off on making a commitment all season. Whigan is already set to take an official visit to Penn State at the end of the season, so this trip to Norman isn't going to come any time soon. Whigan knows this and that's why I expect him to wrap everything up sooner than later.

- OL Saleem Wormley will make his commitment next Monday, July 23. It's between PSU and Rutgers. I don't expect any surprises. If he and Whigan do end up committing, it'll be interesting to see what happens next. We've reached out to OL Jakai Moore a few times now to see if he plans to attend next weekend but he hasn't responded. Moore is still an important target for the staff, but OL Walter Rouse and Zachary Franks have also earned offers recently. Speaking of Franks, he'll actually be on campus Wednesday, July 25, to take a tour of campus. As he explained to me, he'll then go home and come back on Friday, a day before the Lasch Bash, to meet with the coaching staff one-on-one. Franks will also stick around for the Bash Saturday.

- 2020 -

- OL Michael Carmody is visiting Penn State for the third time since the Blue-White Game. That's a positive sign for the staff. Carmody has already emerged as one of PSU's top offensive line targets for next year.

- DB Makari Paige will be making the trip with his teammate, future PSU LB Lance Dixon. This will be his first visit to Penn State. He earned an offer during the spring evaluation period.

- RB Chris Tyree is returning to Penn State for the first time since last season. RB MarShawn Lloyd remains the staff's main target at running back, but Tyree is also an important target in 2020. PSU believes they can use his speed in multiple ways on offense, so at this stage, I'm looking at him more as an athlete.

Tyree: "I still have a strong relationship with the coaches at Penn State. I've been talking to Coach Seider the most, but Coach Limegrover has been around, too. They've been telling me about how I can be used all over the place on offense."

- OL Aaryn Parks is returning to Penn State for the second time in a month, as he attended the Whiteout Camp last month. Parks then earned an offer from the staff in the beginning of July. He's already made it clear that the Lions are an early favorite.

Parks: "The Penn State camp was awesome. I really enjoyed it. Coach Limegrover really gave me great tips on really keeping my base low and keeping my punch ready. I have a good relationship with Coach Bowen and Coach Limegrover...They're definitely one of my top schools. I'm looking forward to seeing the coaches again and interacting with the other players. But mainly, I just want to have a good time with my family."

- I wrote about WR Jaden Dottin yesterday. Click Here

- LB Kaleel Mullings won't be in attendance for the Lasch Bash on Saturday, but he and some other Canadian prospects will be at the staff's camp the following day.

Underclassmen that Can't Attend

DT Dominic Bailey - Can’t make the trip
WR Julian Fleming - Vacation
CB Luke Hill - Going to Ohio St.
WR Rakim Jarrett - Going to Ohio St.
QB Kyle McCord - Didn't Say
DL Colin Mobley - Didn't Say
DE Jack Sawyer - Team Camp
LB Mekhail Sherman - Going to Ohio St.
OL Landon Tengwall - Work
Ath. Jordan Toles - Vacation
DT Tre Williams - Going to Ohio St.